Whey Protein taste like ....

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
I have been drinking my whey protein with 2% milk, and it taste great.. But since I did my SD cycle, I got some fat on my obliques and I was told to try my protein with milk.. Woooooo...:blink:
Now thats some nasty stuff... I am gonna try to get some skim milk, but I have heard that it still taste nasty with it...
If it taste as nasty as it did with water, I think I will go back with my 2% milk... And try to cut my fat intake else where...

Now my question is ....
My wife was asking me if I could take it with like some kinda juice.. Or koolaid.. I do not know.. Has anyone or is anyone else doing this ??? I would really like to cut the fat out of my diet as much as possible... But not sure I can stomach this water and protein any longer... Any suggestions are welcome...

Thank you..

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
I wouldnt suggest taking it with kool aid, just because of all the sugar and stuff thats usually in juices, kool aid and whatnot. IMO, simple sugars are horrible when trying to cut. So I wouldnt suggest doing it with this either. Just suck it up, and take it with water. :D

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I take mine with skim milk and love it. I just have things like Nat PB and oats in there too.

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Yeah... Did not think about the sugar ... But I think I will try the skim milk first before the water...:jaw: lol.

I drink one at work,and dont have a blender... Just a good ole spoon... so it would not mix all that stuff together that well...

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
What I do with my whey protein

2 bananas
enough ice cubes to get a smoothy consistency
1.5 servings of vanilla whey protein
1/2 cup of oats
cherry creatine
endurance workout supplement
If I have any other fruit 2 that is added

All mixed with 1/3 of a gallon of 2%, but that will be skim next time I go shoppin

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Someone please make me the official AM Spell Checker

Skim milk for my whey shakes. Water and protein only works for Scivation WPI. (Of course there are others.)

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
Just drink it with water ya pansy!!!!

Seriously though, it always amazes me when I switch back and forth from milk to water how quickly my palate gets used to the new taste....usually within a week. Then, when I go back to using milk it tastes TOO rich and creamy, and I have to get used to that all over again.....

Maybe try to gut it out for a week with water and see if you get used to it (helps if the water/shake is seriously ICE COLD)...

Good luck man....

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
Out of curiosity, What kind of protien do you use?

(Sorry for the double post)

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
Someone please make me the official AM Spell Checker

Skim milk for my whey shakes. Water and protein only works for Scivation WPI. (Of course there are others.)
Hehehe...Amen to that brother, someone needs the job....

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
sweet flavors like chocolate, vanilla, cookies and cream, etc dont taste nearly as good in water. however, fruit flavored protein is much better in water for the most part. banana and strawberry sometimes go better in milk but look and syntrax's nectar line. other options are substance in grape or watermelon or I pro from ergopharm. all these protein powders are pleasant in water. if you want something cheaper get a blend, i like dymatize elite whey pina colada and berry blast in water. also, they do make sugar free kool aid which IMO is fine to mix with protein. crystal light would be another option to mix protein in for taste.

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Right now , I am using 100% On whey.. The stuff is great with milk.. Its great just as a everyday drink.. I like it..

I agree with the really cold water.. I guess If I can choke down Nolva or clomid, I can drink this with water.:icon_lol:

Thanks again for all your comments.. I do appreicate it...

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
How about you either suck it up (sorry had to get that out there) or switch to a decent tasting protein shake?

try dymatize elite whey. Some good flavors. Or allthewhey. you can always add splenda or whatever if its a sweetness issue but at some level you just have to realize that not everything tastes like candy.

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
How about you either suck it up (sorry had to get that out there) QUOTE]
:jaw: :trout:

I hear ya... But it does not hurt to ask for info.. Gotta ask to see if others are doing something different.

Ok, I'm gonna go suck it up now...:run:

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
:rofl: You know... For some reason, I knew I should have clarified what I was talking about... You bunch of perverts..:icon_lol: Yep... I was talking about the whey protein.... Not the other kinda protein...

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Tyy Beverly NUtrtion Protein, it taste like the real thing. I am 6 days out of a show and I drink chocolate and cookies and cream with water. They both are terrific crushed in a blender with some ice.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Like everything else. With the water thing....you get used to it.
I do it all the time now. I just do the skim milk thing for a treat sometimes.

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
Yeah but god damn, Nectar and Substance are so frigging expensive.....

Hey stinger, try using one scoop of Allthewhey with one scoop of your ON...Because ATW has (I think) thickeners in it and it makes it thicker and richer than if you use the ON by itself....But for me, the ATW by itself is just too thick.....Give it a try, see if it helps.....

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Guys for the help and info...Wife is getting me some skim milk tomorrow.. Will see how that turns out..

Tighe

Tighe

Awards
I started out with water, and now when I have it with milk its like an extra treat. Also, I've noticed that when I drink 2% milk now its like I'm drinkig a glass of cream.

Whatever you do, don't try eating powder by the spoonful. It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Tighe

Tighe

Awards
Haha, I don't know, it tasted so damn good in the glass that I thought it'd be like eating spoonfuls of delicious, powdery protein candy. Nope, nothing like that in fact.

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Now that is funny Tighe.... I am pretty crazy, but I do not thnk even I would try that.. Seems like it would just turn to concrete ....:icon_lol:

Tighe

Tighe

Awards
Well, it turned out pretty much like putting dry powder in your mouth would be like. Dry. And powdery. Not my finest moment, that's for sure.

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
Well, it turned out pretty much like putting dry powder in your mouth would be like. Dry. And powdery. Not my finest moment, that's for sure.

Hehehe......

Next you'll try snorting it.......

1slowcivic

Awards
Try using Vanilla whey powder and orange gatorade.......Taste like an orange creamsicle.( I think I read about it in the recipe section.)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If worse comes to worst, you can try mixing it in how water (so you don't have to use as much), hold your nose and down it like a champion.

Thesticles

Awards
Get substance!!!! Tastes like CANDY!
Substance WPI is the only one I can handle with just water. If you use real cold water the grape or watermellon is awsome. Every other protien I have to use a blender and add fruit, milk, PB, or other junk to make it tolerable.

It is a bit pricey, but if you want just Whey and Water that's the one.

darkpoet3113

Awards
personally it never bothered me... milk or water, never borthered me.
cheers,
darkpoet3113

TexN343

Awards
MM vanilla and any flavor crystal light is great in water or just the MM with milk is good too. I tried MM with hawaian(sp?) punch and was decent but a lil too sweet.

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i use ON proteins also.....dont really have any problem mixing it with water....im using the strawberry at the time......taste decent....instead of using the 1 scoop per 10 oz......i use 2 scoops per 10oz. makes it a little bit thicker and better tasting....will be trying the cookies and cream next....