Need help to kick start weightloss

massmonster

Awards
  • Established
I've been making an significant efffort to clean up my diet this year. I'm going on a cruise July 23-29 and wanted to drop to 225 by then. Back in January it seemed like it was going to be so easy. I have hit a plateu for about 8 weeks. I now am facing 3.05lb/week loss to hit my goal.

I appreciate any help I can get.

Current stats:
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 265.5 for the last 3 weeks
BF%: ~17.1% by impedence
Diet: One month daily ave Cals=3348 P/C/F=30/35/32 (I know, I'm working on the F)

Lifting 2 on 1 off. HITT cardio totaling 4 miles 2 days a week. One true off day per week.

I started Omega Ripped April 12th. Beginning dosage was 4 caps 8am and 4:30pm. Starting monday I switched to 3 caps at ~7:30,12:30,4:30.

anapolack

Banned
Awards
well....other that suggesting dnp or other supps.......plateus happen to all of us.......forget weight loss for a week or two(or even three).concentrrate on strength then focus on weight loss again

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keeping prtein high and fats moderate I would cut back carbs as Flytrap said and/or add some caffeine or ephedra(if you're healthy enough and know all the risks associated with these types of suppliments)

flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
I've been reducing carbs for 2 weeks now and am down 4 pounds with very little cardio. The only thing is to remember to get your food into you so you have the energy to workout and to watch your energy levels so you know when it's a heavy day or a day to step it back a little. I've enjoyed the carb reduced diet, mainly because my girlfriend has researched meals and has had no problem coming up with a variety of options. :study:

Don't jump into a mad cardio phase with little carbs while not increasing your intake of protein and essential fats, you'll loose lots of weight and muscle! One thing that really surprised me was the ability to consume peanut butter/peanuts and still loose weight. My energy and strength have not suffered much at all.

anapolack

Banned
Awards
i had the best luck just doin what i do....maybe real intense endurance or strength training along with cardio...extra rounds of mitts or sparring and just FORGETTING about actual weight loss and found out it just happens all on its own(during those plateaus)........keep yourself fresh and not burn yourself getting obsessed with weightloss...........just do what you do,stay off the scale for a while and **** it.....have some fun in the gym.....even if you stay the same you can come back a few weeks later and hit weight loss hard and have better luck than when your body/mind/nervous system stales itself out

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
You need a metabolic swing. Weighing 265 and dieting hard could have shifted you to an undesirable bmr. Kick up the calories for a day and you will wake up the next morning really really hungry, then your diet will be effective again.

massmonster

Awards
  • Established
Ok, its time for the two week update.

Current stats:
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 264.0 (-1.5lbs)
BF%: ~17.1% by impedence (-0.0%) (WFT? I think it broken :smite:)
Diet: One month daily ave Cals=3242 P/C/F=31/29/35 (I know, I'm still working on the F)
I will be revising my meal plan. New Target 05/08: Daily cals: 2500-2900
P/C/F=45/30/25
Also focusing on shifting my daily calories from this:

Meal #1 6:30AM = 10% daily calories
Meal #2 9:30AM = 10% daily calories
Meal #3 11:30AM = 10% daily calories
Meal #4 1:30 PM = 10% daily calories
Meal #5 6:30 PM = 60% daily calories

To:

Meal #1 6:30AM = 25% daily calories
Meal #3 11:30AM = 25% daily calories
Meal #5 6:30 PM = 30% daily calories

Workout Schedule: Starting 05/01 I'm the following this schedule:
Day 1 Cardio (HIIT 4 miles, quarter intervals @10.0 MPH)
Day 2 Lift (45-60 minutes circuit lifting)
Day 3 Cardio (HIIT 4 miles, quarter intervals @10.0 MPH)
Day 4 off
Day 5 Cardio (HIIT 4 miles, quarter intervals @10.0 MPH)
Day 6 Lift (45-60 minutes circuit lifting)
Day 7 off

Still using Omega Ripped. Its been three weeks at 8-10 caps per day. Can't say its helping at help but its not hurting my workouts either.

I'm considering adding t3/clen back into the mix from 05/06-22 and the droping the clen. Or I might use EC for that same time period and save the t3 for later.

So, let me have it. If you were me, what would you do.

massmonster

Awards
  • Established
Two more weeks down the drain...

Current stats:
Weight: 258.5 (-5.5lbs this update, -7.0 total)
BF%: ~15.3.% by impedence (-1.8%)
Diet: One month daily ave Cals=3457 P/C/F=31/28/35 (I know, I'm still working on the F!)
I will be slightly revising my meal plan. Daily cals: 2500-2900 (same) P/C/F=50/20/30

Maintaing this planned brakdown:
Meal #1 6:30AM = 25% daily calories
Meal #3 11:30AM = 25% daily calories
Meal #5 6:30 PM = 30% daily calories

New Workout Schedule: Starting 05/021 I'm the following this schedule:

Sunday: Mens slowpitch softball - double header
Monday: Mens fast pitch - single game
Tuesday: Co-ed slowpitch - single game
Wednesday: HIIT cardio (HIIT 4 miles, quarter intervals @10.0 MPH)
Thursday: Lift (45-60 minutes circuit lifting)
Friday: HIIT cardio (HIIT 4 miles, quarter intervals @10.0 MPH)
Saturday: off

Stopped using Omega Ripped. Its been five weeks and I feel like some off time is warranted.

Started EC & t3 05/12. So far so good. 25mcg of t3 in the morning and EC (25mg/400mg) morning and afternoon.

Come on, lets have some feed back here. I'm seeing some progress but July 23 is coming faster than my progress.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
50-75mcg of T-3 in the morning and 25mg Eph and 200mg Caff x2 a day.

IF you have the time get the Venom stack and drop the caff and eph and add that to your T-3. It'll pull weight from you but you'll have to drop all the circuit training and HIIT and just do workouts. That plus a lot of cardio will kick your butt. I know I spend my regular workout days feeling like I am running full speed.

massmonster

Awards
  • Established
stupid question, what exactly do you mean by "...just do workouts."? When I have time tomorrow I'll post up what exactly I mean by "circuit training" too. I'm planning to ramp up the T3 to 50-75mcg starting 06/12 when I'll be adding m4ohn as well. Might use T4 instead of T3 now that IBE stocks it.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What I mean is just lift. Don't turn it into a cardio marathon because your heart rate on those supps should already be responding as if you were very active. No need to do the circuit training to get the heart rate going because it'll be there.

I know that HIIT and even moderate cardio on that was pulling weight off too fast.