please critique my cutting diet....

tegman

Awards
I started cutting this week using alot of the knowledge gained from reading posts on this board. But, I just want to know if I am on the right track

My stats are: 6'3 204lb 12-13% bf

My diet consists of:

11am: oatmeal, (sweetened with cane juice) and whey and egg protien mixed

1pm: workout

pwo: whey shake with 76 grams of dextrose

3pm: Chicken and broccoli

5pm: Chicken and broccoli

8pm: eggwhite omelette and vegetables

Before bed: 18 grams of flax and 35 grams of whey

Calories total around 2600 a day and as you can see it's nothing fancy, just tryin to stay with basic staples.

The Godfather

Awards
How many times a week do you exercise and also do you have a physical job or anything like that?

How many grams of protein does it add up to?

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
i think you could stand to add a pre wo meal in there and eat it about an hour before you hit the gym.

for meal 1 you could make that your pre-wo meal, just drop the egg protein and use whey

Also, i'm not a fan of lots of dextrose post -wo, but that may work for you, you could always use a bagel

also, before bed drop the whey and eat some cottage cheese or casein

tegman

Awards
I work usually from 3- midnight and I am on my feet the whole time, I occasionally lift 50lbs or more.

My workout plan consists of

lifting 3 times a week:

Back bis

chest tris shoulders

legs

Since I am cutting naturally i do two exercises per bodypart with 4 sets, one being warmup and the rest 8 8 6 the last reps are close to failure.

I do cardio in the morning or after my workout for 30-40 minutes at a medium pace 3-4 times a week.

tegman

Awards
dsl, why are you not a fan of dextrose after lifting? The research I have read indicates that it helps muscles recover faster with a high gi carb vs a lower gi carb for pwo meal.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
dsl, why are you not a fan of dextrose after lifting? The research I have read indicates that it helps muscles recover faster with a high gi carb vs a lower gi carb for pwo meal.
This is a complete fallacy. I dont have the link on hand, but there was a debate on here about high vs low GI carbs PWO. low GI PWO, especially when cutting, are the way to go.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
i think you could stand to add a pre wo meal in there and eat it about an hour before you hit the gym.

for meal 1 you could make that your pre-wo meal, just drop the egg protein and use whey

Also, i'm not a fan of lots of dextrose post -wo, but that may work for you, you could always use a bagel

also, before bed drop the whey and eat some cottage cheese or casein
I love the dextrose Post WO, it does wonders for recovery, I've been doing it for years, and I can tell a big difference without. Ditto on the Cottage Cheese/Casein before bed, and whey preWO. I like to hit some low GI fruit also, usually an Apple with some whey for a morning snack (just a thought). Have you figured the Macro contents yet?

tegman

Awards
My macros are usually like this:

protien: 300 grams

carbs: 175 grams

fats: 70-80 grams

Edit: thanks Idunk42 for the info regarding dextrose, I think i might be cutting it out of my diet for a good ole whole wheat bagel.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Take a look at the link I posted. Its an extensive argument on low vs high. The person arguing for the low gi carbs is a very credible source.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Take a look at the link I posted. Its an extensive argument on low vs high. The person arguing for the low gi carbs is a very credible source.
I'll def read the thread, but for the past 10 years I've been experimenting with this and the high GI works wonders for me. Always open to learn something new though!

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
I'll def read the thread, but for the past 10 years I've been experimenting with this and the high GI works wonders for me. Always open to learn something new though!
Im not saying it doesnt work, persay. Everyone is different, and certain things work for certain people, and some people can get away with it. Lower GI carbs PWO, and in general, are the way to go when it comes to cutting. Definitely take a look at the link. Its a very good argument on the subject. I always was a dextrose/malto guy before reading it. Now, even when bulking, I still stray away from high GI carbs PWO, and in general.

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I have been through both of Bobo's training programs and low gi is what he has you do. I can only attest that it worked for me. I don't think high gi works any better and I tend to get fat pretty easily, so I just stick with what works for my body.

Tegman:

I would probably add a few hundred cals on leg day as well.