Nutrisystem for men feedback???

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.9%

Nutrisystem for men feedback???

Well, a coworker/friend of mine just finished 5 weeks on the nutrisystem for men program and lost 25 lbs of almost ALL FAT. I have seen and sampled the food and it's nothing special but much easier to eat than most diet food.

I am considering doing this with about 100 grams of protein added in there each day to help lose about 20 lbs of bodyfat and hold on to most of my muscle.

Has anyone on here ever used this program and if so, what are your experiences? My friend is the only guy I know that has run it and he really was happy with it overall.

In a nutshell it is a glycemic index program. Thanks and Karma for any feedback you all can provide.

Happy easter.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Let me just ask this: how much??

I ask because I'm betting you will get BETTER results with Bobo's deluxe weight loss program and it will probably be cheaper than Nutrisystem.

Go to flanutriton.com and contact us to see if he's taking clients if you are interested.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.9%

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Let me just ask this: how much??

I ask because I'm betting you will get BETTER results with Bobo's deluxe weight loss program and it will probably be cheaper than Nutrisystem.

Go to flanutriton.com and contact us to see if he's taking clients if you are interested.
    Good point and I might of failed to mention that it's not costing me anything because of someone I know that works for them. So I may pay my friend a small amount to them as a favor fee, but I'm not having to pay the $289 fee the program normally costs. The thing that is appealing about this setup is that the food is very easy to make and portable. I will look at the other plan however and thanks for your reply.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

That is cool.

The thing with Bobo is that he also does your workout plan and is available (via email) for help at seemingly any time.
    I doubt NS has any sort of workout system.
    AND he'll revise your meal plan as needed to keep you moving along with your goals.

When I used him, he'd reply in like 5 mins. or less.
    He may be a bit more busy now, but still the "tech. support" aspect is top notch.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.94%

yeah i saw his site looked very interesting and seems worth the money i may have toi try that one day soon to drop this last 10-15lbs
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.2%

Quote Originally Posted by rykertest
    Well, a coworker/friend of mine just finished 5 weeks on the nutrisystem for men program and lost 25 lbs of almost ALL FAT. I have seen and sampled the food and it's nothing special but much easier to eat than most diet food.

I am considering doing this with about 100 grams of protein added in there each day to help lose about 20 lbs of bodyfat and hold on to most of my muscle.

Has anyone on here ever used this program and if so, what are your experiences? My friend is the only guy I know that has run it and he really was happy with it overall.

In a nutshell it is a glycemic index program. Thanks and Karma for any feedback you all can provide.

Happy easter.

25lbs in 5wks would most likely translate into 2lbs fat and 3lbs muscle or water per wk, unless he just had an incredible amount of fat to lose.
    Pure fat loss of more than 2-3lbs per week is unusual. Fat loss while minimizing muscle loss is more of a long term thing.

My point is there are better ways to reach the goal you're trying to attain...plus you'll come out better in the long run.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.9%

Quote Originally Posted by -2z-
    25lbs in 5wks would most likely translate into 2lbs fat and 3lbs muscle or water per wk, unless he just had an incredible amount of fat to lose.
    Pure fat loss of more than 2-3lbs per week is unusual. Fat loss while minimizing muscle loss is more of a long term thing.

My point is there are better ways to reach the goal you're trying to attain...plus you'll come out better in the long run.
    yeah but then I can't have a good excuse to use gear.

JK bro, you do make a valid point. I am still up in the air about it. I may get the package and use it on the 2-3 busy days I have each week and eat as I should on the other days. Maybe a good combo. More thought is required. K to you.
  8. Pop-Lock champion of 84'
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.67%

If your serious about training and want a "lifestyle change" diet along with training go with Bobo - very strict, no cheating for optimal results - gauranteed better results than any "diet system"

Nutrisystem works for weight loss for sure - with the lower gi foods and smaller portions your on your way to healthier eating coupled with minimal excercise and "most" clients being out of shape and overweight will have great results just like your friend - but I would only do this is your after thin vs. fat compared to bobos where your fat to jacked with a little dedication and patience

no more is the hard part but worth it in the end
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.94%

yeah you are right as soon as i save up enough money im gonna request bobo's services over at fla nutrition.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.79%

Thumbs up

I have used it and had great results. I avg lost 3-4 pounds a week but I also was taking meltdown. The food taste great and if you are on the go alot the food is very quick and easy to make. Instead of the 5 meals a day that you get from them. I was eating 7 because I added a morning protein drink and one before bed. I never was hunger on the diet which is a plus. So far I lost 25.2 pounds and 5 inchs.
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

i didn't bother to read all of the replies, but nutrisystem is basically just them couting calories for you.

they give you meals that, for which they know the amount of calories, and tell you to each that amount of calories for x amount of time- and you lose weight.

its basically a clean diet for those too lazy to count calories themselves.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.92%

Quote Originally Posted by soontobbeast View Post
    i didn't bother to read all of the replies, but nutrisystem is basically just them couting calories for you.

they give you meals that, for which they know the amount of calories, and tell you to each that amount of calories for x amount of time- and you lose weight.

its basically a clean diet for those too lazy to count calories themselves.
    I agree, this can be done cheaper by just purchasing and preparing the rite foods yourself..

Similar Forum Threads

1. 125 best foods for men
    By jjohn in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-30-2012, 10:44 AM
  2. running anavar alone for men
    By nattyHST in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 01-10-2007, 06:07 PM
  3. Sexual Fitness for Men: The Hardness Factor
    By yeahright in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 12