Calories Burned When Lifting

1. Calories Burned When Lifting

Hey folks. This question may be one that is not really answerable since we are all so different. I can track my calories burned during cardio easily enough and count how many I take in. However, I don't know if there is any sort of general rule of thumb on how many calories I may burn when lifting weights for say 45-60 minutes.

As I mentioned earlier, because we are all so different, and work out at different levels of intensity you may not have an answer but if anyone does, that would be a big help.

Thanks in advance!

2. like you said its kinda impossible to answer.....the only way to sort of get a idea is by wearing a heart monitor and keep track of what your heartrate is from the beginning of the workout to the end

3. A rough guide maybe 7-9 cals per minute. (from an article by Lyle)
    •   

4. cool thanks for the answers guys. K to you.

5. I know you burn calories while your lifting....but don't you continue to burn them ever after yoiu leave the gym. I thought your body continues the process during the rebuilding of the muscle tissue that's been damaged . So, I guess measuring would have to be done during and after the workout.
    Just got my own internet store, great gifts for Fathers day. Watches, Jewelry, Cologne, Vitamins
    www.amway.com/Jlandep

6. Quote Originally Posted by 1slowcivic
    I know you burn calories while your lifting....but don't you continue to burn them ever after yoiu leave the gym. I thought your body continues the process during the rebuilding of the muscle tissue that's been damaged . So, I guess measuring would have to be done during and after the workout.
    That is a good point. I am trying to get a rough idea of how many calories I burn each day when lifting and doing cardio after lifting. While there is the factor of calories burned after the workout is over (especially with relation to cardio) it is a ballpark # I do realize. I am really trying to keep my caloric intake and output on a regimented schedule. Thanks bro.

7. Quote Originally Posted by 200wannabe
    A rough guide maybe 7-9 cals per minute. (from an article by Lyle)
    I usually guide myself with that numbers too.

Similar Forum Threads

1. low calories burn when lifting weight
    By seasoul in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-24-2013, 03:16 PM
  2. Calories Burned Having Sex
    By Nelson in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-31-2012, 07:05 PM
  3. Calories Burned vs calories taken
    By xaktsaroth in forum Bulking
    Replies: 15