Overall Weightloss

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
Well my main goal now is too lose some weight (any kind of it). I was talking to a semi-pro baseball team and they are looking for a first baseman/relief pitcher.

I am 6'1'' 275lbs at 22% body fat.

I basically need to get down to 235 as soon as possilbe so they can build me back up to 250

Here are my most recent lifts:

Bench-275
Squat-500
Deadlift-425
Leg Press-1200lbs x6
40yd dash-4.95

I basically need to lose as much weight as possible. Would an increase in cardio and decrease in overall calories be the way to go? Or seeing as i am an endo, perhaps a carb depletion.?

Thanks for the input.

1ad man

Banned
Awards
bro your big guy just like me i am not flaming you but in a nice way your bodyfat looks alittle bit higher bro than 22 percent get a bodyfat test done or get your self those bf calipers.

YOu are an endo just like me okay now good advice is to know what your weight and all your stats are first and just change your diet eat healthy change up diet stop fast food if diet in not good. start off with brisk walks walking is good for fat burning and then hit the treadmill 20 min to start and work your way up. Cut carbs a bit not too much just change your diet no soda , pop, chips, mcdonalds , kfc no diet cola either just eat at home no subway full of processed meat.

eat healthy and do cardio diet and cardio bro and wish u luck on your goal and hope you make that baseball team . good luck 1ad man in da house.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ECA + Cardio with a little weight training. Eat 200g protein a day or more to preserve muscle. 5-7 meals a day. Same old advice everyone gives for fat loss. There is no magic formula.

Honestly when I was losing weight i tried to cut my calories in half. This was from eating like the fat ass I was (BK, McD's, Taco Bell etc.) But if you are 22% body fat its going to be harder to lose weight from that than the 30+ perecent I was at at one time. I just took ECA to help with the appetite, lots of protein and fruit and worked out 4-6 days a week. I dropped about 10% body fat in a year. Its slow going and dont get discouraged by lack of results. The pounds will drop off like crazy some weeks, and you wont be losing weight other weeks. Thats my experience at least.

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
Yea i was suprised to see my body fat at 22% to tell you the truth. All of my weight is in my love handles and gut. I barely have any fat on my legs and a normal amount on my arms. I had the calipers done and they said 21% and the electrical resistance said 23% so i just averaged the two out. Basically im reverting back to my diet i used to lose the initial 45lbs. It just took all my energy and was the worst 2 months of my life. However since i lost the weight i have maintained and turned most of that into muscle. So i feel it is necessary to start the cycle again.

Also about the ECA, this presents a problem. I have PAC (Premature Atrial Contraction) so hardcore stimulation may not be the best route. I have tried CLA and i really like it i think.

How about sesamin?

Thanks guys, have some points.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Honestly I would start with just a solid diet consisting of lean protein, complex carbs, and essential fats. Add in 5-6 days of cardio a week on an empty stomach first thing in the AM.

I would forget about all the supps first, until you know you have your diet dialed in.

skelooth

Awards
I'm also endomorphic bro, and the hands down best way I've found to cut down is with a Cyclic Ketogenic Diet. It's definitely something to look into. You will lose 10lbs of water or more alone (which is something you want since your sole goal is weight). CKD is also an insanely fast way to burn off fat.

Since you can't take stims I'd really recommend the CKD and cardio in addition to your weight training.

If I were you I'd tell that baseball team to go **** themselves. Total weight should never be a factor, and no one should ever be asked to drop that type of weight so they can be "built back up". Smells like a lot of horse poop to me.

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
I'm also endomorphic bro, and the hands down best way I've found to cut down is with a Cyclic Ketogenic Diet. It's definitely something to look into. You will lose 10lbs of water or more alone (which is something you want since your sole goal is weight). CKD is also an insanely fast way to burn off fat.

Since you can't take stims I'd really recommend the CKD and cardio in addition to your weight training.

If I were you I'd tell that baseball team to go **** themselves. Total weight should never be a factor, and no one should ever be asked to drop that type of weight so they can be "built back up". Smells like a lot of horse poop to me.

Hey thanks for this, i have been doing some research.
If I am at 22% body fat should I do a "refeed" like every 17 days.? Also, should my refeed almost be alllllllllll low-gi carbs and minimal fats and protein? Ive read that the refeed should last approx 36 hours. Of course i need to listen to my body.

I would tell the team to ****off, except I am moreso using them as a reason to get down to weight. I like being big and strong, but i wanna be lean and strong more.

1ad man

Banned
Awards
eat 6 small meals bro that is the key keep portions low and yeah watch carbs and do cardio at 65 percent heart rate that is it your set. remember you are what you eat good luck and do cardio run that treadmill good luck and keep up the good posts peace.

skelooth

Awards
Well CKD is the way to do it bro.

When I do CKD I skip the first carb up, then I carb up once a week for 24 hours above maintenance cals. So yes, everything you said aside from that is correct. Good luck man.

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
I got up at 11am yesterday sooooooo :-D

lunch started with
4 hamburgers no bun
1/2 cup of imitation crab meat
some mayo for dipping
a small baby spinach salad

Post workout
47 gram protein shake

dinner was roughly the same thing as lunch

snack
Instone pudding.

Decent?

skelooth

Awards
I got up at 11am yesterday sooooooo :-D

lunch started with
4 hamburgers no bun
1/2 cup of imitation crab meat
some mayo for dipping
a small baby spinach salad

Post workout
47 gram protein shake

dinner was roughly the same thing as lunch

snack
Instone pudding.

Decent?
No. Two many calories at one sitting brother. Even though you're doing a keto diet the law of calories in vs calories out still applies. The more you eat in a sitting the more prone you are to store it as fat. You are a pretty big guy so you could probably use a protocol of five 600 calorie meals, or sixe 500 calorie meals.

Remember to keep fat up. Check out http://c-k-d.com for more info, there is a sticky that explains the diet in pretty good detail.