Taking a Break from Stims

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well ever since I found out about a beach vacation opportunity I have next month, I've been cutting like crazy following a winter bulk. I've used this long-term cutting goal (found out about vacation in January) to be a Guinea pig for things I haven't tried before, like Scorch, Amp, and Venom, as well as my tried and trues clen/T3, ECY, etc.

I've been doing 2 weeks on/1 week off for almost 3 months now and I'd like to take a break in order to clean up my receptors, until just about a week before I leave for vacation, when I plan to go nuts for one final cut.

So...I am looking for some input on what thermogenics are effective but won't load my receptors. Green tea and chocamine come to mind as ones I've used in the past, but I want to expand my horizons.

I tried USP's C2 and love it, but is the caffeine considered a stimulant that will affect my receptors? I also definitely plan to continue USP cAMP for nighttime use.

As I said, I've tried out some products lately that my "old school" mindset wasn't sure of, like Scorch, and those seem like very mild stimulants to me compared to ephedrine. So are any of those modern stims like Scorch, Amp, etc. things that I could use when taking my break?

I appreciate the time anyone will take to read this and the assistance you can give me. This old dog wants to learn some new tricks with all of the new supps on the market.

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sesamin! Not really a thermo like you asked. It has seen great fatloss results from others if that is what you are looking for.

I am on Sesamin/cAMPHibolic/Lipid FX..... stim free. c2 for a stim.

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yup, already got it in there, I am just asking about thermogenics, unless Sesamin is considered one.

I alway take a battery of things every day, including flax seed oil, borage oil, primrose oil, Sesamin, and lecithin. Not just for fat metabolism, but for overall health.

Thanks Brent.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yes, caffiene will down regulate your beta receptors but IMO, nowhere near as bad as ephedrine.

I'm trying Custom's Beta Thermo right now and it's definitely doing something. It gives me the DOMS like no other thought. Ugh. It is a non-stim option.

J_MAN

Awards
Someone correct me if i'm wrong but to my understanding EC only down regulates 1+2 receptors, which are the receptors that cause the actual side effects (sleeplessness, shakes, hyper etc). But that the thermogenic effect of EC has to do with a third receptor which not only doesn't down regulate, but in some people thermogenic effect actual increases over time. Thus you can continue to take EC with continued thermogenic results and sometimes increase thermogenic results even though the sides will go away.

So the only reason to take breaks with EC is if you enjoy the side effects.

Not that this is true with other stims/thermogenics you have been using, but EC.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
Bioman.. how long have you been running it?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I'm on day two so far. I took 2 doses yesterday and did my squats/legs..and oh lordy I can hardly move today,lol. Took my third dose before bed and slept fine.

Definitely amplifies the DOMS though. May have to cut the dosage down or up calories because I'm already flattening out. Potent.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Someone correct me if i'm wrong but to my understanding EC only down regulates 1+2 receptors, which are the receptors that cause the actual side effects (sleeplessness, shakes, hyper etc). But that the thermogenic effect of EC has to do with a third receptor which not only doesn't down regulate, but in some people thermogenic effect actual increases over time. Thus you can continue to take EC with continued thermogenic results and sometimes increase thermogenic results even though the sides will go away.

So the only reason to take breaks with EC is if you enjoy the side effects.

Not that this is true with other stims/thermogenics you have been using, but EC.
Yes I've heard this too. I still think its a good idea to cycle it however. When I stop feeling the effects I usually take a break. I wouldn't go longer than 8 weeks, just my opinion. The body always needs a break once in awhile to reset.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just a little question for anyone who's used venom for fat loss, meth in particular since he mentioned it. How many day is a row/how many caps a day did you used and what did you notice? I spoke to Raven today for a few minutes (very nice btw :) and she was kinda agreeing what I 've noticed with venom, and how it seems after using it for so many days in a row it kinda catches you. She said she uses it only on days she lifts and gets her dose in early. I'm pretty sure next time around I'll stick to a mon wed fri dosing.

BTW, I have 2 people I train on the camp/sesamin stack. Actually 1 and other will start after he finishs a little recomp cycle of clen/t3/var. I'll post their results.

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the replies.

Not sure where/how I can research this on my own, Google only helps to a degree and I don't know an answer yet, but how does one determine which stimulants will load up which receptors and how much? I mean, for instance, comparing ephedrine to albuterol to clen...and so on. My research rats seem to need a lot more recovery time from clen than from albuterol, but curiously with albuterol or ephedrine they recover relatively quickly. I'd think that albuterol would take longer.

wideguy-- I dosed Venom x2 two times a day. I felt it towards the end of day 1, what can I say, maybe I am different than others, but I consider my stimulant tolerance to be extremely high so the stuff seems pretty strong. For instance it takes 4 Scorch caps for me to feel anything, where my girlfriend takes 2 and bounces off the walls.

If I could make a little chart based on my experimentation with OTC stimulants, in order from least to most in terms of how well I can "feel" them (which 99% of the time indicates how well they work for cutting), this is what I'd say:

Scorch, Amp, Venom, Lipo 6, Redline RTD, ephedrine

(edit for Redline, the only VPX product I've ever tried but it works)

Last edited: