Need to Lose Weight, Rookie about all the terms

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.68%

Need to Lose Weight, Rookie about all the terms

Hey guys, im 6' 0" and about 295 lbs. I drastically need to lose weight but i am new to the whole site. My friend told me to go to this site because its what he uses.

Does anyone have any suggestions or programs/supplements or what not for weight loss.

I just need a general over view of it all.

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.16%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by jakesnake771
    Hey guys, im 6' 0" and about 295 lbs. I drastically need to lose weight but i am new to the whole site. My friend told me to go to this site because its what he uses.

Does anyone have any suggestions or programs/supplements or what not for weight loss.

Well I was in exactly the same boat as you in November and I've lost 55 lbs since then. I have done this many times but I had never been that big.

First you don't need supplements, they only cloud the issue especially in your position. Diet is your first priority. What is your activity level.

Go to this site and find out how many calories you should be eating to maintain your current weight and then subtract 500 www.fitday.com. Now the food you eat should be healthy. Do a lot of research, your diet doesn't have to be hyper clean at first but you should be prepared to make improvements as you go along.

Do about 3 hours of low intensity cardio mostly in the morning on an empty stomach. Spread your eating out to every 3 hours, when you get your diet in order post it here so we can critque it.

I guarantee you can lose a significant amount of weight if you do as we say and you put in the research. Start a log when we get everything in order so we can help with your progress.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  3. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.16%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Great advice Dreamweaver. Have some points. Knowing how your body is the key to changing it. If you are fat, you are way out of touch with your metabolic homeostasis. There are about 5 or 6 sections on this board to educate you. Motivation, education, and diet. I call it my MED system. Best of luck.
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.16%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

thanks for the points.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.53%

Quote Originally Posted by jakesnake771

First, if you are not used to an active lifestyle, then just getting started will get you results. Jumping into it full throttle can lead to injuries and a sense of failure, like Nike says 'Just do it'.

Second, don't concentrate on your end goal all the time, remember to set smaller reachable summits so your motivation does not suffer.

Third, get into the habit of fitness. Once it’s second nature to go for a walk or hit the gym everything else just takes some guts to find the glory.

Ok I’m not gonna say ‘fourth’. Listen just get started. Don’t kill yourself with hyper intense workouts unless you are in the condition to do so. When it comes to cardio keep your heart pumping with an intense walk, no running required. The intense, not a running walk either, walk will burn off your fat stores before attacking the carbs you had last night.

The last of my 2 cents worth is that you keep asking questions and keep questioning the answers. Not everyone gives the full picture but after a couple responses you’ll start to see it clearer.

Good Luck.

PS. I started this year at 5ft 9 and 260 and after 30 - 40 mins 3 times a week of the ski machine I'm at 240 - nothing outrageous but I appreciate being 20 less these days. However, I workout everyday so adding cardio wasn't a big deal. But the fact still remains that just doing something extra did help.

-------------------------------------------
    Force without wisdom falls of its own weight.
    -------------------------------------------

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need to lose weight...Help please
    By jamramse in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-25-2012, 10:57 AM
  2. Need to lose weight in a week
    By Buffspartan in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-29-2012, 11:51 PM
  3. I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT
    By Ceckert51 in forum Weight Loss