Whats a good fat burner to incorporate with cutting diet????

BLOODZ

BLOODZ

Awards
Wsup guy's, I'm new to the board and i'm asking for some suggestions. A lil bit about myself, i'm 25, 5foot6, 190lbs, 17%BF. I've been lifting for about 1 year strong and consistent. I'm looking to start a cutting cycle and was looking for some suggestions on a fat burner to go along with this cycle. This is what i planned for my meals.

12 weeks cutting diet.

Meal 1: 6 egg whites, two glasses of water, and 1 scoop ON whey.

Meal 2: PreWO 1 cup oats, 1 scoop ON whey.

Meal 3: PostWO a tuna fish sandwich with two glasses of water, and 2 scoops ON whey.

Meal 4: 1/2 cup of Precooked brown rice and 1 cup vegetables.

Meal 5: A grilled halibut steak, salmon with a fresh lemon squeezed on it to add flavor, or grilled chicken breast with two glasses of water.

Meal 6: A portion of cottage cheese with a portion of sliced peaches, and 2 scoops of ON whey.

I will be doing moderate cardio 3-4 times a week, and also weight training. I was pretty much lifting heavy weights the past year so i was looking to lower the intensity and increase volume. I guess im going to be sacrificing strength in this whole process. I would greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions. Thanks guys..

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you do a few searches with some fat loss keywords you'll turn up a ton of threads with burners from clen and t-3 to your standard otc supps and also you'll find dosing and timing.

And unless you're allergic to milk I would throw some good ole fashioned skim in there somewhere.

Also, check the recipe section for variations of the old stand bys. Eating like that exactly for 12 weeks will be rough not to mention losing out on some nutrients with having such a strict diet.

Go to fitday.com and check all your macros and see how they fit. You don't want to cut too many calories and do too much cardio or you might as well throw that years training out the window.

Just my 2cents and i'm sure you'll get others to chime in and offer good advice but i'm bored and you got mine instead :)

BLOODZ

BLOODZ

Awards
Now that sounds good, i'm glad you shined some light for me. I guess i'm gonna have to tweak it a lil bit more. thanks brotha.

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
That looks like a decent cutting cycle. The only thing I would recommend is that you get more protein from another source. You are getting roughly 144 grams of your protein through a Whey source. Maybe cut down to 2 shakes daily at 48 grams a piece. Some protein, especially whey protein can cause some insulin spikes. These spikes would be counter productive of cutting down adipose tissue.

Also something that will help is move the peaches to your post-workout diet. Fructose is High glycemic, but thats ok. This will help bring ATP levels up and help transport the protein. Especially after a workout it will be really great to get something sweet in there.

At night eat 1% cottage cheese (1 cup), 2-3 grams of CLA and one rice cake. The rice cake will give you the sweetness with less sugar than the fruit.

I started at 35% body fat at 323lbs a year ago

I am now 23% body fat at 275lbs

Keep it up man, youll see some results.

flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
"excuse me" newbie raises his hand "What's DNP?"

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
imagine walking into a fire and staying there for 2-3 weeks. now imagine that same feeling from the inside... that's DNP... ok, not quite, but that's not that far off.

UNCCFitness

Board Supporter
Awards
i like EC (25mg ephedra, 200mg caffeine)... but go to the doc for a physical first as it does raise your bp and any preexisting conditions can and probably will get worst...

still diet and exercise are key :)

and water! more ppl need to drink more water

however i havent entered the world of research chems yet... im sure they're better im just not ready for them

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ec and clen both worked/work well for me
Nothing tops a good EC stack IMO. I won't take Clen anymore after learning about the possible heart damage studies. There are a lot of OTC stims out there, just have to look around a bit and try a few. Diet is the key tho as everyone else mentioned. Stims are meant to supplement a good diet, not cancel out a bad diet.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Also something that will help is move the peaches to your post-workout diet. Fructose is High glycemic, but thats ok. This will help bring ATP levels up and help transport the protein. Especially after a workout it will be really great to get something sweet in there.

At night eat 1% cottage cheese (1 cup), 2-3 grams of CLA and one rice cake. The rice cake will give you the sweetness with less sugar than the fruit.
This is just plain wrong. GI of fructose is 23, not exactly high. Post WO is not the best time for fruit as fructose replenishes the liver moreso than skeletal muscle. CLA is a waste of money and the idea of adding fats into your bedtime meal is to slow digestion but a non saturated oil will just separate and rise to the top of the chyme slowing nothing. Saturated fats contained in whole foods like meat will have the desired effect as will the sat fat in the cottage cheese but the casein protein will digest slowly anyway. Rice cakes are pure junk food and the type of sugar used is typically dextrose, maltodextrin and high fructose corn syrup with a GI of 82. Cottage cheese is good though. ;)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
BP - CLA is good, the problem is that there is one isomer that is waaaaaaay more effective than the others. And no one puts out a pure 9, 11 diene pill - it's a hodgepodge of combinations of double bonds currently.

The situation is somewhat analogous to Ergomax and Phera-plex. Only, the Phera-Plex of CLA isn't really around (as far as I know.)

But, good post on the fructose. It does preferentially replenish liver glycogen stores. We generaly want to replenish muscle glycogen stores first.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
BP - CLA is good, the problem is that there is one isomer that is waaaaaaay more effective than the others. And no one puts out a pure 9, 11 diene pill - it's a hodgepodge of combinations of double bonds currently.

The situation is somewhat analogous to Ergomax and Phera-plex. Only, the Phera-Plex of CLA isn't really around (as far as I know.)

But, good post on the fructose. It does preferentially replenish liver glycogen stores. We generaly want to replenish muscle glycogen stores first.
Conceeded, but there are much better products IMO. Sesamin, TTA etc.

I was thinking he was advocating adding it in as a good fat source with the added benefit of slowing digestion, but I am probably way off base there. Shrug.

Anyhow, good points. Reps for you. :D

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'm gussing he suggested the CLA for dieting reasons.

Some fat is a good idea before bed. Just ask Bobo. ;)

I wouldn't advocate a rice cake before bed while cutting.
Too high on the GI index....

Thanks for the reps bro.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Some fat is a good idea before bed. Just ask Bobo. ;)
I didn't say fat was bad. I was referring to the type of fat to employ and why.

The majority of delay when it comes to fats is either

a) When they are in a solid state and it delays the breakdown of bolus (solid like state) into chyme (semi-liquid) state. With a shake, this process is already complete so that delay is almost nonexistant....Think of red meat and the difference in fats vs. oils.

b) The emulsification of saturated or transfatty acids within the small intestine. At this point the absortion of amino's is already taking place.

So in general when your fat amount is about 1-2tblsp within a liquid state already (thanks to your blender) the delay in amino absortion is almost non-existant.

Whole foods are where fats delay digestion the most. Even then the actual absortion of nutrients (amino's specifically) isn't altered that much. The process of breaking down whole foods and trasnfering them to the lower part of the stomach and into the small intestine is just a much slower process because of its makeup.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I wasn't directing that towards you, per se. Guys just seem to be fearful of fat before bed.

Good post - I bet digging that up took a while.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Thanks and no, it didn't take but a few seconds. The advanced search is your friend. Type in a keyword and then Bobo as the poster asd you will find a plethora of great quotes from the master "Chuck Norris" AKA "Bobo". :D

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Huh. I didn't know you could search by poster.

Boy, am I in trouble.... :eek: :run:

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
Holy hell, thank you for fixing that mistake...I dont know what the hell i was thinking of what i was thinking eating ricecakes at night. Thanks for fixing that up.

Totally off of subject but i just started a CKD...again. Im seeing great results again, so im hoping to lose another 40lbs soon.

50 down, 40 more to go.

Thanks for the correction.