Help me figure out a cutting diet - AnabolicMinds.com

Help me figure out a cutting diet

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

Help me figure out a cutting diet

Hi guys,

I'm hoping you guys can give me some tips on tweaking my cutting diet.

My stats are as follows
    Male, 21
    5'10"
    213lbs
    about 17% bf

I work out intensely 5x a week with weights and do cardio for 4-5 45 min sessions, at a seperate time from weights.

A typical diet for me looks like this:

Meal 1:
    Breakfast is a wholegrain bagel, with 95% fat free cream cheese, and 3 scrambled eggs

Meal 2: is usually pre-workout and consists of
    1/2 cup of slow cooked oats
    scoop of ON whey
    1 cup skim milk

BCAA's during workout

Meal 3:
    Post workout is 3/4 cup of quick oats
    1.5-2 scoops of ON whey
    1-1.5 cups of skim milk

Meal 4:
    Next meal is a lean meat, chicken, extra lean beef and green veggies, (asparagus, broccoli or green beans)

Meal 5:
    Next meal is 1/4 cup of almonds (or equal amount of efa's coming from walnuts or olive oil etc) scoop of whey in 1 cup skim milk and sometimes about 4oz fat free sugar free yogurt.

Meal 6:
    Pre-bed meal is 1 cup fat free cottage cheese, 2 tblspns natural peanut butter and 1 tblspn sugarless jam.

I easily drink 2 gallons of water a day, probably more.

Current supps are Multi, 8 grams of fish oils a day, sesamin, vit C, E and B-Complex, Glucosamine, Chondrointin, MSM

According to fitday.com my calories are around 2600-2700 calories.

Is this a good range for someone with my stats to be aiming for?

Thanks in advance for any help given

2. New Member

Your diet looks decent. This is what I would do:

Breakfast: Up your protein intake. Are those whole eggs you are taking in? If they are, I would do 6 eggwhites instead of 3 whole eggs. I would take out the bagel, and substitute it for 1/2 cup of oats. You may add ground flaxseed to your oats to bump up the healthy fats.

Meal 2: I would take out the skim milk pre-workout. Fast digesting protein (whey) will compete with the casein protein in the skim milk. Use 1.5 scoops of whey.

Meal 3: Same as meal 2. Take out the skim milk.

Meal 4: Besides some good ol' greens, throw in maybe 1/2 cup brown rice.

Meal 5: Instead of ingesting another whey protein, go with some natural food. Maybe a can of tuna and add a TBSP of olive or canola oil to increase the EFA's.

Meal 6: Casein from the cottage cheese is great pre-bed. So you are good there in my opinion.

Your supplement program seems good. Maybe some flaxseed, either ground our oil, will benefit you a bit more. Ever tried ZMA? I incorporated this cheap supplement before my bedtime and man has it increased my deep sleep! I feel totally refreshed in the morning. There are a lot more people around here that know a lot more. But overall, you are on the right track. Good luck.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

Thank you for the reply.

The changes you suggested sound great, and I'm going to to do those things, and see if I can't generate some more results.

I actually have some flaxseeds ground up, but havn't incorporated them yet, so, I'll definately try those.

As for the ZMA, I actually forgot to mention it. I've been taking ZMA for quite some time and I love it. Like you said, very deep sleeps and I always wake up feeling very rested. It's a staple supp for me.

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-13-2011, 01:53 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-21-2011, 07:21 PM
  3. Next cycle...help me figure out my DS kickstart
    By indianballer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-10-2010, 02:09 PM
  4. Replies: 20