Newbie Needs Advice (Ayudame) - AnabolicMinds.com

Newbie Needs Advice (Ayudame)

1. New Member

Newbie Needs Advice (Ayudame)

Hey everybody ...this girl just became a member and this is my first thread so bare with me. I have really let myself go and need to lose alot of weight.

These are my current STATS:

21 yrs. old
    5'7
    192 lbs.
    Scared of finding out my BF%

I am determined to not gain anymore weight and to go back down to 130 lbs (what I use to weigh)

A friend of mine calculated this daily intake for me:

Total Calories- 1763
    Protein- 176
    Carbs- 176
    FAT- 39.5

And here is a workut plan I set up for myself:

Day 1: Chest & Tri's
    Day 2: Back & Bi's
    Day 3: OFF
    Day 4: Legs
    Day 5: Shoulders
    Day 6: OFF
    Day 7: OFF

Please inform me if anyone thinks that I should revise my workout plan or my daily intake.

I did not include cardio because I'm no sure how many times I should do cardio. Previously, I had a 30-45 min. low-moderate intensity cardio in the morning on an empty stomach. Should I continue with it? Also, should I add 30 mins. of cardio post-workout? What should be my limit?

I am eating alot healthier now but I am just maintaining my weight since I haven't been exercising. I have alot of LITE meal replacements which I plan on making it a part of my daily food intake.

I would greatly appreciate anyones advice.

2. King Kong

One thing you dont wanna do is a complete 180 from what you were doing before. You need to figure out about how many calories you have been consuming, then try to lessen that by about 100 or so each week. If you have been consuming 3500 calories a day, you dont wanna just drop that in half, because your body will react very badly to that and your workouts will be crap. Make sure these calories are of nutritional value. Once you start working out regularly, you will lose weight even though you are still eating a similar amount of calories. I would continue to do at least 2 days of cardio in the morning and probably at least one day of cardio after a workout. But make sure that the day that you do cardio after a workout that its on a day where you lift with a smaller muscle group (Especially dont do this on leg days or even chest days, because those are the days that your muscles are worked the most).
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

I might change the splits around to:
    Day 1: chest and tri's
    Day 2: off
    Day 3: back and bi's
    Day 4: off
    Day 5: legs
    Day 6: delts
    Day 7: off

Just to get a day of rest in between the upper body exercises.
    I find that bicep day taxes my triceps quite a bit (and vice versa).
    •   

Cardio in the moring with a diet pill on empty stom is great . bodys been fasting all night so your burning stored fat. do cardio then train, The whole reason for traing is to get blood pumped to the muscle we want to grow. But big problem is the body only has so much blood . so if we do cardio after the blood leaves the muscle.and then the muscle can't feed and the fascia isn't expanded long enough togrow.
  5. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

LaVela4u,

Do you want a bodybuilding routine or do you just want to get fit again. My guess is the later.

My suggestion is to set your diet at ~10x bw for a start point. Macros are not a important right now as a caloie deficit will be sufficient to get you loosing weight. The diet your friend outlined is a 40/40/20 macro breakdown It will work just fine. But set it up for ~2000 calories.

Unless you are looking to gain muscle mass I would focus your training around a full body circuit style about 3x's week and continue to do cardio 4-5 days a week.

Two points: Your not going to gain muscle in a caloric defecit so training as such will be without much merit. Two if you have not been working out much or at all you have a sedentary metabolism and 2000 calories is not really that low for your LBM. You will need to incorporate as much cardio as you can tolerate within reason to generate a defecit.

These are just my opinions. Quite honestly, eating less, working out with cardio, however strictly you adhere to, will result in very significant improvements. You did not get fat overnight and you will not get fit again over night. It will take a little while to stop the direction your body was going, some time to turn it around, and then some time to get headed in the direction you want. Stay away from obsesive and extreme diets and training routines and do it in moderation or to the extent that you are able without obsession. A new lifestyle is what you want to live.
  6. Elite Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by B5150
    These are just my opinions. Quite honestly, eating less, working out with cardio, however strictly you adhere to, will result in very significant improvements. You did not get fat overnight and you will not get fit again over night. It will take a little while to stop the direction your body was going, some time to turn it around, and then some time to get headed in the direction you want. Stay away from obsesive and extreme diets and training routines and do it in moderation or to the extent that you are able without obsession. A new lifestyle is what you want to live.

Second to this. Think about this a a two year turn around plan. By the end of 6 months you should see some serious progress. By the end of a year you should be getting close to your goals. The second year will be about achieveing the last bit and solidifying the healthy lifestyle choices you have undertaken.
  7. Board Supporter

I am confused as to what your goals really are.
    If you want to loose weight, then why are you concentrating on lifting so much? Perhaps a more cardio intensive regieme would be better to initiate the fat loss, then you can start to build when you know what you want.
    Try not to shock your body into "starvation" mode. For the first few weeks, just try to cut back on some of the fatty, higher cal meals that you eat and make some healthier choices. Going extreme to something that you are not used to can be hard to stick to and you will end up feeling deprived making it more likely to fall off the wagon.
    This is a way of life, a forever way to eat and excercise so don't rush into it.
    By sticking with the cardio and eating well, you will have more energy and feel better about yourself, which will then help you in your lifting.
    Lifting is not going to get you to your 130lb goal, but it will help you to look like you are 115lbs when you get there.
    Good luck with everything and hopefully you will post your progress so we can see how you are getting on.
    Heres to the start of a bright future
  8. Board Supporter

To me it just sounds like you want to do what it takes to get back to 130. I would take everyone else advice.

I'd also like to stress nutrition and nutrient partioning. And yes, you should continue your cardio. I would strongly suggest 45mins of HIIT cardio 4x a week. With a calorie deficit, clean calories, an excellent lifting program, and an excellent cardio routine I would say it is very possible for you to be 130 by the end of the year.

Best of luck! Keep us updated.
  9. New Member

HI everyone....thankyou so much for your advice.

I changed my workout plan. The reason why I chose 130 lbs. as my ideal weight is because that is how much I use to weigh. My goal is to lose fat not muscle. I am going to do cardio to burn fat and I'm going to lift weights to gain muscle. I know muscle weighs more than fat so I'm weighing myself weekly to keep track of my progress. I also took my b4 pics yesterday and I will take more pics every other month. I am starting w/ very light weights just to get myself familiar w/ lifting again.

Do I lift higher weights & fewer reps OR do I lift lower weights & higher reps?
  10. Board Supporter

Hi,
    Glad to hear that you have things on track.
    Don’t forget that weighing yourself is fine, but don’t obsess with the numbers, if you are lifting, they will not move as fast as it you were just dieting and loosing muscle too.
    Taking photographs will help a lot, as will taking measurements of yourself.
    The weightlifting question depends on the type of look that you are going for, and your body type.
    Heavy weights, slow lifts and fewer reps will bulk out your muscles, and although this is what I do, my biceps and pretty huge for a girl and there is no hiding them when you have a strapless stringy top on.
    However if you don’t naturally bulk up easily then this should not be a problem, it’s a body type/genetics thing.
    Lower weights with more reps will add to your cardio and will create a more toned look, rather than the bulging muscle look, you can also achieve some of this excercises every day just by wearing ankle and wrist weights as you go about your daily routine.
    Good luck, and let us know your progress.
  11. New Member

In addition, I'm in the middle of changing my eating habits to 4-5 smaller meals throughout the day so I don't feel like I'm starving myself. I've been adding meal replacements little by little to my daily intake so its not a dramatic change in my eating habits. Its great when I'm on the go too.
  12. Board Supporter

There is something distinctly rewarding about being able to eat so many times in a day
    I find it useful to keep a food and excercise diary, just so that I know exactly what is going in and out in a day.
    I also note my mood and how much energy I have, and alter the diet accordingly.

I am so excited for you
  13. New Member

Thankyou...I'm just happy that I stopped avoiding the long length mirrors and the scales. Getting control of my life and what kind of life style I want. I have been keeping track of everthing I eat but not the mood I was in or how much energy it gave me. That sounds like a great idea...I'll try to remember to include my mood and energy for each day. Thanx.
  14. Registered User

edit: whoops, missed it in the first sentence
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.

I agree with a lot of what has been said above. Mainly, keeping on doing cardio on an empty stomach in the morning. Keep the intensity low to medium-low. 40 minutes should be pretty ideal for good fatloss. B5150 said it right: start the dieting with about 2000 calories. 2200 even. Then as you get the hang of things, you can play with calorie intake in a precise manner. There are many many ways to make dieting more interesting and they all require that you know exactly what you are doing an how much of everything you are taking in.

You have to understand that your metabolism will try to downregulate because you are dieting. Downregulating means that on any given day, your body burns less calories than it use to. This, you want to avoid.

Lifting, especially lifting HARD, upregulates metabolism. When in a calorie deficit, you will not put on any muscle size except in the first couple months, then it will stop. This is the initial adaptation to lifting. So wether or not you want to gain muscle, it's not really going to happen while dieting. One thing that does happen, is that HARD lifting damages your muscle tissue, and rebulding it burns a lot of calories. Moreover, you can certainly gain quite a bit of strength by training this way. I strongly encourage you to get into lifting hard, but to break into that slowly. After weights, EAT something, this will help trigger the energy-consuming repair I wrote about.

I also encourage you to log all your food, bodyweight and activities on fitday.com. I strongly encourage you to measure your waist, buttocks, thighs, calves and arms once or twice a month and keep all this data in a spreadsheet. Sometimes if the scale moves down 2lbs in 6 weeks you might feel discouraged, but if you see that you lost 2" around your waist at the same time, you'll KNOW things are going well. You want to look into getting calipers for bodyfat measurements, but that is nothing urgent. Wait 3-4 months and you should be ready to use them.

A diet pointer for you: avoid sweets. You also want to cut down on the breads, pasta, flours and rice. Yes they're good for you, but even though they are fat-free, they can be surprisingly evil when dieting. Green veggies, I encourage you to eat tons of. Asparagus, wax beans, peas, broccoli, bell peppers are all goodness-filled, low calorie foods that you can eat tons of. Fat-free cottage cheese, canned tuna, chicken breast and fish should make up most of your protein intake. The meal replacements don't really replace whole foods, so I encourage you to use them as sparingly as possible. Your stockpile will just last longer.

One last thing that is worthy of mentioning: Keep coming back here. Keep a log thread of your progress from day one. Why? Lots of people will read it, and you'll be awed at the amount of knowledge and experience that gets thrown your way for free simply because you are a member here. On top of that, moral and psychological support will be aplenty if it is ever needed. Dieting is fairly simple. So is training. But the resolve and willpower to go through with it and keep the discipline going for months can be difficult to maintain when life throws you a curve ball. If you keep a log here, moral support will make a very real difference in your life. You can count on it.

16. New Member

Hey guys ....thankx for the great advie. I haven't been around due to work and finals . I have not gone to the gym as much as I wanted but its still something. I will keep everyone updated about my progress. Thanx again .
  17. New Member

Well, its been a while but I haven't forgotten about this website . To be quite honest I went through a few problems which led me to detour off of my diet and workout plan . Actually, I had gained 5lbs . But I have lossed 15lbs since then So far so good. I have improved in my daily intake immensely and kept my workout plan very simple: A PULL day, A PUSH day, and a leg day. I wanted to share this with you guys since all of you gave me great advice . I really appreciate it and I will keep you updated.
  18. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by LaVela4u
    Well, its been a while but I haven't forgotten about this website . To be quite honest I went through a few problems which led me to detour off of my diet and workout plan . Actually, I had gained 5lbs . But I have lossed 15lbs since then So far so good. I have improved in my daily intake immensely and kept my workout plan very simple: A PULL day, A PUSH day, and a leg day. I wanted to share this with you guys since all of you gave me great advice . I really appreciate it and I will keep you updated.
    15lbs!!! Thats fantastic, you must feel great.
    Keep up the great work.
    KG
  19. Banned

Welcome!!!! AND I think Grunt gave you some great advice
  20. Banned

EDIT: Then go somewhere else.
  21. King Kong

Quote Originally Posted by shorty231
    hey yall im 16 and looking at taking superdrol. ive heard everybody saying "your to young, your to young" so im not looking for another mommy to come and tell me not to take it. im trying to find some information on what i might expect at my age. thanks alot.
    You are an idiot. Take your stupid azz to bb.com with that attitude, cuz we for sure dont need that sh1t over here!
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

And to think I posted a thread about growths in my back that are possibly cancerous and i didn't even get a reply...That's it i'm changing my name to Lillolitah and starting over...

btw Welcome and good luck on your goals. These guys offer guys(and gals) offer great advice. It's working for me.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Newbie Needs Advice for Trenadrol PCT!
    By gwyatt79 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 02:41 PM
  2. Newbie, need advice on first stack/cycle...
    By getinthegame in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 02:49 AM
  3. Newbie needs advice!
    By jessicalykwan in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 02:55 PM
  4. Diet newbie needs advice for cycle
    By Irongame in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-23-2003, 03:56 PM
  5. ph newbie needs advice