>20% bf
Weight train 5x per week
Cardio 5x per week: 35min stair climber

Here is what my diet looks like, let me know what u think:

190g protein
137g carbs
60g fat

4 EGG WHITES
2 SLICES TURKEY HAM (EXTRA LEAN; 98-99% FAT FREE)
1 SLICE OF 100% WHOLE WHEAT BREAD
1 CUP GREEN TEA / WATER
MULTI-VITAMIN/MINERAL

1oz RAW ALMONDS (ABOUT 23 KERNELS)
1 SCOOP WHEY PROTEIN SHAKE

4oz CHICKEN BREAST COOKED IN OLIVE OIL
1 CUP VEGETABLES
WATER

1 SCOOP WHEY PROTEIN W/2 TABLE SPOONS OF FLAXSEED
1 SMALL APPLE

1 CAN TUNA HEATED W/1 TBSP OLIVE OIL
½ CUP BROWN RICE
VEGGIE SALAD W/SMALL AMOUNT OF FAT FREE DRESSING
WATER

WORKOUT

PROTEIN POST WORKOUT DRINK

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Although your foods are cleaned and it seems you are headed in the right direction I think you may be eating too few calories, even for a cut..But I can't accurately tell you that without your age, because I do not know your BMR..That and you definitely need more protein if you want to retain muscle, and by my calculations that is 226 grams of carbs.

johngalt

Awards
Might want to throw some casein protein (cottage cheese) along with some healthy fats into your diet. Eat them right before bed...

Synthetik

Awards
I'm 26yrs old. I did bump up the protein to over 200 grams. So my cals went up just a bit. Should I include more carbs, or bump up the cals through healthy fat calories? Thanx for your replies!

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
your fats are fine, but you are only eating around 1900 cals. You should definately be eating more protein and more carbs.

try someting more like 250 carbs and protein plus 60 fat. Also, what's in your pre and post workout shakes?

Synthetik

Awards
preworkout, dats something i have not added as of yet. Post workout is 20g whey protein, 15g maltodextrin, 15g dextrose.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, you should bump your calories to around 2400-2500 cals...If you are on a cut I suggest you switch from using malto/dext Post WO because there is a danger there for adipose storage..Think about switching to a lower GI Post WO..You should also be taking in some high-quality carbs 45min-60min pre workout..Couple of things to think about

Synthetik

Awards
thanx for the replies, i will recalculate my diet

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah I would bump up the cals also. Something that always helps me stay sane too is have a chat eal every week or every other week. You will also benifit from the metabolism spike as well.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, you should bump your calories to around 2400-2500 cals...If you are on a cut I suggest you switch from using malto/dext Post WO because there is a danger there for adipose storage..Think about switching to a lower GI Post WO..You should also be taking in some high-quality carbs 45min-60min pre workout..Couple of things to think about
Honestly, if he is taking in that few calories I do not think there is any risk for adipose storage from 30g of CHO no matter how high the GI. It isn't necessary to take the high gi carbs but that is personal choice. If he has figured them in it and is below maintenance calories then it won't really matter.

>20%BF, I'd be looking to put a larger engine to burn more gas. More muscle=higher metabolic rate=burn more fat. You have some time to put on some LBM and cut some fat before the summer:) Lean bulk thru mid-april, then cut until July. JMO

SirThor

Awards
I think you need to add some more protein in your diet. Right now your eating just enough to maintain the muscle that you have already. If you are trying to put on some more lean mass at the same time or your cutting off the fat you are definitely going to have to add more protein.JMO

Synthetik

Awards
Thanx everyone. I have recalculated my diet. I've taken out the simple carbs and replaced them w/complex ones. Now all my carbs come from complex/fibrous. The reason why i'm cutting now is for my wedding. I'll be headed to cancun, and man, I need to get rid of my fat! Thanx again!

Synthetik

Awards
Ok guys, so far I have not lost weight, and actually increased! I have noticed increase in strength and the good thing I have noticed that my muscles are not diminishing. But I feel that I am not doing something right. This is how I changed my diet, let me know if you think I still need to change it. Here is a sample of one day, which is very similar for the rest of the days on my macros. By the way, here are my stats again:

26yrs old
185lbs
5ft 6in
Daily activity level: office job/student
Of course I workout 5x per week

6 EGG WHITES
½ CUP OATS
1 CUP GREAN TEA

½ CUP OATS
1 SCOOP WHEY PROTEIN SHAKE
2 TBS FLAXSEED

6oz CHICKEN BREAST COOKED IN OLIVE OIL
½ CUP BROWN RICE
1 CUP BROCOLLI

2 SCOOP WHEY PROTEIN
½ CUP OATS
2 TBS FLAXSEED

6 OZ SALMON
½ CUP BROWN RICE
1 CUP BROCOLLI

PROTEIN POST WORKOUT DRINK

This is what I calculated:

PROTEIN: 253.5g ~45%
CARBS: 199.5g~ 35%
FAT: 51.5g~ 20%

Total Cals: 2275.5

Should I increase my cardio to 45min per session and change it ot first thing in the morning? I will be starting ALCAR and ALA sometime next week, along with Ephidrine/Caffiene stack. Hopefully this should help out. Let me know what u all think. Thanx again.......:food:

Synthetik

Awards
Man, my I can finally notice my body changing! The mistake I did at the beggning was that I was too rapped up on scale numbers. Also, I didnt take my bf%. But by using the best method of all, which is my mirror, I can see where My back is shaping up, my gut has seriously gone down, and so has my face fat! LOL. I have not lost any size from my arms. As a matter of fact, I gained some size on my quads! Man, I finally see how a major difference on choosing the right sources of food makes! Thanx for all your help.

I think I'm still gonna lower my fat about 10 g less about 4 weeks before my wedding. I want to drop more fat cause I want to get nice tans in the beaches of Cancun for my honeymoon.