How can I tell for sure if I'm lactose intolerant?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.45%

How can I tell for sure if I'm lactose intolerant?

When I was a baby, some doctor decided I was allergic to milk, so instead I ate beef hearts. Then as I got older, my mom said I would chatter my teeth at night if I drank milk. So, then i go all growed up and started drinking milk again and it didn't bother me at all. But lately I'm having degestive problems, so I want to find out for sure If I have a problem with milk. Is there some kind of test a Dr. can give you to see if your lactose intolerant?

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.02%

I think the test is just a look-see, not a blood test generally. Tomorrow morning have a quart of milk for breakfast...if you **** like mad in an hour or two.....avoid lactose from then on.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.92%

lactose intolerance is very common. It can develop as an adult hood problem due to lactase enzyme essentially running out or become less effective. This allows more lactose into the intestines. Natural bacteria in the intestines then use this for fuel and create gas and lactic acid. This is why your stomach cramps up and you feel gassy and bloated. If this happens to you, you're lactose intolerant. Its an easy fix, if you drink milk and it makes your stomach hurt, don't drink milk.

J
    •   

4. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.94%

you can tell if you have an allergie to milk by your bowel movements
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.36%

*** BEWARE THIS IS PERSONAL OPINION ****

I used to be lactose intolerant, used to **** a lot after taking a glass of milk, but somehow i was submissive and decided to keep going till my body would adapt, and guess what? it did, after 2 weeks of drinking milk in that period I was starting bodybuilding, my body adapted and I never felt a bloat or pain like the first days, and now i can tolaretate milk at any time at any meal or whatever, my 2 cents here.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.02%

RaulJimenez
    ...I've never heard of anyone adapting to lactose before...I can't see how that could happen...I bet that what you thought was lactose intolerance was something else that was just correllated to your dairy intake...any way, I toast my full glass of milk to you! I can't imagine what I'd do if I became lactose intolerant.
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I'd say that in general, you'll definitely know if you have problems with lactose... as all the people mentioned above, there are telltale signs that are usually more severe and involved than some mild stomach upset, but continue to test yourself as Hal said...and good luck, lactose intolerance would suck for sure... I'd die
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.45%

Well, I haven't drank any milk the last couple days and I haven't **** 6 times a day so I guess my tummy doesn't like milk. I know I can handle small amounts of dairy though, I'll just have to mix my whey protien with soy milk I guess...
  9. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.23%

Originally posted by Hal
    I think the test is just a look-see, not a blood test generally. Tomorrow morning have a quart of milk for breakfast...if you **** like mad in an hour or two.....avoid lactose from then on.
    not just that but when i drink Milk i get Gas like none other. Its totally different than the Gas i get from anything else.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.57%

I am lactose ent.

I can still eat yogurt and ****, frozen yogurt, cheese, just not milk or ice cream. There is this milk that has no lactose in it (it is dairy), it tastes the same but costs like a buck more for a carton.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.96%

If you try some Lactaid right before you drink or eat your milk products, you won't have any of the problems with lactose intolerance.  Works great and you don't eliminate milk from your diet.

Similar Forum Threads

1. How can I tell if my liquid Nolva is legit or not?
    By Protege385 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-20-2011, 04:48 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-06-2011, 03:27 AM
  3. How can I tell if my Batch of M-drol is not "bad"
    By schwellington in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-25-2010, 02:40 PM
  4. How can I tell if my CEL M1,4ad is legit?
    By WesleyAlpha in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-22-2009, 05:55 PM
  5. how can i tell if my omnadren is the new version?
    By JohnnyGotJacked in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2004, 09:58 PM