I will probably get flamed for this...but

conversekidz

Awards
Do you still eat big on your off days? Say Saturday and Sunday are your rest days, do you still take in as much food as workout days?

I am worried that if I eat 3500 cals on the weekend days it is going to add more fat than what I want.

thanks

Draven

Awards
  • Established
Yes, you still eat the same. That's the short answer anyways. Your body requires thoughs extra cals to repair your damaged muscle tissue, without thoughs extra cals your body will break down it's own protein reseerves (Muscle tissue) to repair itself.

conversekidz

Awards
Yes, you still eat the same. That's the short answer anyways. Your body requires thoughs extra cals to repair your damaged muscle tissue, without thoughs extra cals your body will break down it's own protein reseerves (Muscle tissue) to repair itself.
Should I just stick to the same diet that I planned for the weekdays then?

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
LOL, good luck converse... all I gotta say is if you are sure enough of getting flamed to be putting it in the title... ? mebbe some more reading is in order :D

Jay Mc

Awards
hehe, I have high tolerance I'll give some details. Basically your body is the ultimate constantly evolving machine. It 'evolves' or adapts to physical stress very well. Frequen heavy lifting is a big physical stress. In order to 'evolve' your body wants to put on more muscle so that it can handle the same stress adequately next time it faces it. If you are eating a certain amount and not really gaining or losing weight while not lifting, obviously you are gonna need to eat more to add this muscle, that entire e=mc^2 thing...matter doesn't get created or destroyed, only changed forms, and that equation there also account for energy/mass which is why you need more calories than just for adding more weight...energy!, kinda neat that theory of relativity can be (loosely) applied to body building :) Anyway, if you constantly have the calories coming your body will be much more willing and able to adapt to the stress of heavy exercise. And, most importantly, it doesn't really do this adapting while your lifting. It does it while you are resting and on your days off. So if you're only eating big on lifting days you aren't giving your body the fuel it needs on rest days to add the mass. Also, eating high calories every day will let your body know its ok to add muscle because the building blocks and the fuel are gonna be there...its like would you try and rebuild a car if you could only get spark plugs once a year and gas only once every month? No, it owuld be pointless and a waste of your time. Thats why consistancy is important... I'm sure others have other opinions but I think thats the gist of it. Search more if you want other opinions...just keep in mind they will be wrong and that mine is the only correct one!

J

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
Eat the same just change your Simple PWorkout Carbs to Complex Carbs and spread them Throughout the rest of your Meals.