When else besides PW is whey protein okay to consume?

JohnGafnea

Awards
I'm finding myself mixing it with milk sometimes...I'm getting so tired of chicken breast. :\

Intensified

Awards
i like to have whey in the mornings as well or when i wake up at night when i can afford it:)

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
well, you can take it whenever, just keep in mind the shorter absorption time frame you're working with... many people just use whey, no blends, but are careful to ingest smaller amounts throughout the day every few hours, with milk when possible, etc... just be aware that you're working with 2-3 hrs with whey vs much much longer with a blend, and you'll be fine... you can, to a degree, temper the quick absorption with not only milk, but pb, flax oil, oats, etc if straight whey is the only protein powder currently at your disposal.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Biggin is right on the mark. Whey in and of itself is not a bad protien. It is cheap, has a high BV and digests quickly. Which can be good and bad, thus its advantage post workout and disadvantage through the rest of the day. But by adding fiber, fats, and other proteins, one can slow the digestion of way, or use it as a 1-2 punch, ie whey quickly being absorbed while a smaller amount of either casein or animal protein being absorbed slowly.

bachovas

bachovas

Awards
Originally posted by Biggin
many people just use whey, no blends...
A lot of people is starting to use blends only too.

Originally posted by Scottyo
use it as a 1-2 punch, ie whey quickly being absorbed while a smaller amount of either casein or animal protein being absorbed slowly.
 These are my favorite blends.