Fat loss possible w/ calorie surplus?

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
When you're bulking, are triglycerides being released from adipose tissue during intense weight sessions?

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It is conceivable that if your calorie intake around your exercise window is lacking that your body would dip into fat stores. However if you have an overall energy surplus from other meal times, then whatever you burn will later be replaced and then some.

johngalt

Awards
Some people have reported eating a lot and gaining a couple of lbm's while leaning up and becoming more vascular while on IGF.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
There would be validity to that point, John. Although, I don't think we are talking about IGF-1 here.

I think that quality of calories is going to come into play here. With the proper cardio regiment and nutrition partioning, I believe it is possible. Very difficult, but possible.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Yes, I'm talking naturally.

Basically, if it's not possible, then there's no point in doing cardio when you're bulking unless you know you're overeating or you're looking for other health benefits.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yes, I'm talking naturally.

Basically, if it's not possible, then there's no point in doing cardio when you're bulking unless you know you're overeating or you're looking for other health benefits.
Exactly. When bulking it's mostly used as a tool to keep fat away and of course it's health benefits..