My new Lean/Bulk Diet**Ideas/advice plz - AnabolicMinds.com

My new Lean/Bulk Diet**Ideas/advice plz

1. New Member

My new Lean/Bulk Diet**Ideas/advice plz

After finding out about www.fitday.com and how easy it is to use and plan out my meals, I recorded what I had today, and am going to use that as a typical diet for lean bulking.

Stats:
    Ht: 6'4
    Wt:175
    BF: 8.9%
    Cals F C P
    Meal 1) 1 Cup of Fiber One Cereal

3 Egg white omlette with one peice of non-fat american cheese

1 large banana
    Total stats for Meal 1) Cals=372 Fat:3g Carbs:83(20 fiber)g Protein:30g

Meal 2) Turkey Sandwich on Whole Wheat
    1/2 Cup Non Fat cottage cheese with a few blueberries
    Total stats for Meal 2) Cals=378 Fat:7g Carbs:33 Protein:62g

Meal 3) Open Turkey w/gravy
    1/2 cup of nonfat cottage cheese
    Few tops of steamed broccoli
    Total stats for meal 3) Cals=311 Fat:4g Carbs:33g Protein:63g

Meal 4) Pre workout Protein Shake Cals=230 Fat:1.5g Carbs: 12g Protein 42g

Meal 5) Post workout Protein Shake Cals=230 Fat:1.5g Carbs:12g Protein:42g

Meal 6) Plain Chicken and some broccoli
    Cals=256 Fat:6g Carbs=24g Protein=48g

Meal 7) A casein protein shake
    Cals=110 Fat=1g Carbs=3g Protein=23

I also put 90 calories for random sauces and mustards i had throughout day*
    Daily Total: Cals=2090 Fat=24g Carbs=204g Protein=296g

The ratio is 59%Protein 30%Carbs 11%Fat

I guess my only concern is that its not enough calories to be a Lean/bulk but that it is a cut, but i have been eating a diet very close to this over the past few weeks and it seems to be giving me mass while leaning me out.

2. dsl
    officially an adult

First off, you definatly need to up cals if you want to bulk. Remember you still should eat an excess of cals if you plan of gaining some weight, but keep it clean and the amount of fat you gain will be minimal.

Meal 1: drop the banana and eat a half dozen whole eggs--this is a great meal for lots of cals (clean cals!!) so take advantage

meal 2- make sure that whole wheat is made from whole wheat flour and not enriched whole wheat flour

meal 3- -->I don't know what this is: Open Turkey w/gravymeal 4-great time for 50g or so of carbs

meal 5-same

meal 6-have some milk or a whey shake also

meal 7-add flax oil

Also, I don't know if you are counting the carbs from brocolli but I wouldn't worry about it. Furthermore, don't be carbphobic--they're good for you, well the good kind at least.

Overall, I would keep protein about the same but add 100g more carbs and triple the fat
  3. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Why drop the banana? They be good for ya.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
    •   

4. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by dsl
    First off, you definatly need to up cals if you want to bulk. Remember you still should eat an excess of cals if you plan of gaining some weight, but keep it clean and the amount of fat you gain will be minimal.

Meal 1: drop the banana and eat a half dozen whole eggs--this is a great meal for lots of cals (clean cals!!) so take advantage

meal 2- make sure that whole wheat is made from whole wheat flour and not enriched whole wheat flour

meal 3- -->I don't know what this is: Open Turkey w/gravymeal 4-great time for 50g or so of carbs

meal 5-same

meal 6-have some milk or a whey shake also

meal 7-add flax oil

Also, I don't know if you are counting the carbs from brocolli but I wouldn't worry about it. Furthermore, don't be carbphobic--they're good for you, well the good kind at least.

Overall, I would keep protein about the same but add 100g more carbs and triple the fat
    Thanks, yeah im going to up the calories, I need the banana cause i just started Melting Point and need to take a lot of pottasium to keep the cramps away, also they are filling and if i didnt have that i would probably have another bowl of cereal, The Open turkey/w gravy is just thick slices of turkey with clean gravy sauce and I probably have that just once a month anyway, i would have a tuna sandwich in there instead. Yeah i just ordered some whey protein and that will probably take the place of my pre/post shakes. Yeah I try not to eat too many carbs, or at least slow digesting ones after around 4'oclock because I know my body and if I eat them late in the day they can be stored as fat. Thanks for the tips . Also, im kinda new to this so this may be dumb, but i always see ppl posting that they eat like 3/4 a cup of oats before working out, what kind of oats and where can i get my hands on em?
  5. dsl
    officially an adult

Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr
    Why drop the banana? They be good for ya.
    I subscribe to the low gi diet ideas so that is why, i don't think it's a huge deal since he is at such a low bf, but every little bit helps.

ssor-the oats are just old fashioned oats- not instant, i always buy the house brand because they are cheaper.
  6. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dsl
    I subscribe to the low gi diet ideas so that is why, i don't think it's a huge deal since he is at such a low bf, but every little bit helps.

Bananas have a GI of like 55. The greener the lower. The really brown ones will be quite a bit higher.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  7. Board Supporter

WOW man...for your height and weight I would look at at least 4000 cals a day. Partioning looks great, numbers look awful.
  8. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Just regular oats, available at any super market. Just stay away from the Quick oats or the instant. Steel cut have the lowest GI but can be a little harder to find and a bit more expensive. They can be chopped in a coffee grinder or thrown in the blender with your whey and such. I like to cook em up and add some cinammon, splenda and some skim milk.
  9. dsl
    officially an adult

Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr
    Bananas have a GI of like 55. The greener the lower. The really brown ones will be quite a bit higher.

insert foot in mouth...okay so bobo told me no, that's it, that's all I got...lol
  10. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rage (SoCal)
    WOW man...for your height and weight I would look at at least 4000 cals a day. Partioning looks great, numbers look awful.
    While I am concerned with gaining mass, I also want to lean out as well. After running the numbers (im pretty sure i did it right), for me to stay the same weight I have to eat around 2800 calories a day. Even though it seems strange I have gained LBM eating under 2800 calories over the past 4 months, about 15 lbs of muscle and lost a bit of fat so im going to keep this going at least for a month or so. Thanks for the ppl replying about the oats, i'll head to the supermarket tommorow.

This might be stupid, but what is GI?
  11. dsl
    officially an adult

glucose index, there's info about it all over the net
  12. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Glycemic index: The effect of different foods on blood glucose (sugar) levels over a period of time. Some foods may raise blood glucose levels more quickly than other foods containing the same amount of carbohydrates.
  13. New Member

okay thanks again
  14. New Member

Just going to post todays Daily Stats:

Total Calories=2198 Fat=31g Carbs=185 Protein=295

This is a non workout day, but i did medium intensity cardio for about 35 minutes earlier in the day along with a couple minutes of abs.
  15. dsl
    officially an adult

how long have you been working out, new gains may be the reason why you are still able to put on mass
  16. New Member

Just over four months, but havent been eating clean that whole time just basically the last 2 months, the last month especially.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. my new lean mass diet
    By Sgt. Swole in forum Bulking
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-05-2012, 01:52 AM
  2. thoughts on my new clean bulk diet (reps)
    By WEEZYFBABY in forum Bulking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 02:57 AM
  3. thoughts on my new clean bulk diet (reps)
    By WEEZYFBABY in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-12-2007, 10:33 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-07-2007, 03:15 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-17-2006, 08:10 AM