diet check - AnabolicMinds.com

diet check

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Question diet check

well, my ass checked in at 296lbs on friday evening. so i figured it was time for a diet again, lol. need some diet feedback from you more experienced diet gurus out there. any tweaks?

meal 1
    10 egg whites
    1 cup oatmeal
    1 scoop protein

meal 2
    1 can tuna
    1/2 can beans

meal 3
    8oz ultra-lean burger
    1 cup brown rice

meal 4
    1 can tuna
    1/2 can beans

meal 5 (preWO)
    2 scoops whey
    1 cup oatmeal

meal 6 (postWO)
    2 scoops whey
    1 cup oatmeal

meal 7
    8oz chicken (baked, broiled, etc.)
    1 cup broccoli
    10 grams flax oil

meal 8
    2 scoops whey
    10 grams flax oil

totals:
    3773 cals, 419 pro, 368 carb, 69.5 fat

previous totals:
    4486 cals, 468 pro, 412 carb, 101 fat

starting empty morning weight: 275.5lbs

edit: overall water intake per day - 2 gallons
    Last edited by Beelzebub; 02-13-2006 at 02:51 PM.

2. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

I may not be one of the experienced gurus, but I would add a little more veggie and some fruit to the mix. Some berries in the protein shake, bananas, apples and spinach salads are my pers choices. Overall carb and protein sources are great ( Me loves some beans).
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

*barf*

lol, i knew it. veggies were low, they just taste like ass. ****. only thing i can stomach is raw broccoli. whatcha thinking as far as how much to add? and where to add it?
    •   

4. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Well I'm no saint myself. I have a big baby spinach salad w/brocolli and maybe some red/yellow bell peppers for dinner along with whatever lean meat I prepare. I try to make up for it in fruit. I keep apples in the fridge, somethin about a cold apple is really refreshing. Make sure they are new crop and have not been sitting in storage for a year. Your produce guy can point ya to the fresh ones. Berries are really good for you, low GI, naturally sweet, loaded with anti-oxidants and blueberries in particular act as an anti inflammitory. Bananas are also fairly low GI ( the greener the lower), high in potassium and actually help to supress appetite.

One other thing I sometimes get is a green juice of some sort. Mixture of fruits and concentrated greens that actually tastes really good. FWIW
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr
    I may not be one of the experienced gurus, but I would add a little more veggie and some fruit to the mix. Some berries in the protein shake, bananas, apples and spinach salads are my pers choices. Overall carb and protein sources are great ( Me loves some beans).
    Bump that^

Bird's Eye frozen green beans with almonds always works well for me. Quick and easy. 3/4-1 cup with any whole food meal.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  6. Registered User

i think it looks like a great diet brotha

i do agree though it would behoove you to throw in 3 cups of broccoli spread out throughout the day

you should see some great changes after three weeks or so at which point i would lower the protein down to a little below 400 then start tweaking with the carbs

so aside from adding some veggies in and buying a toupe i wouldn't change anything
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

friggin hair joke. bastard.

another vote for more broccoli. how do ya argue with that avatar? 3 cups? **** me. where do you see em best utilized at? (the broccoli that is, not the '**** me' part)
  8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    so aside from adding some veggies in and buying a toupe i wouldn't change anything

9. Registered User

i'd throw the 1 cup with your bedtime meal and another with either meal 2 or 3

and you're best bet is to **** yourself with a double sided glass dildo
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

oh, so 2 additional cups? i can swing that. i'll throw one in with meal #3-4 (more optimal than 2 for me). and one with bed. awesome. much appreciated shortie
  11. Registered User

yeah that definitely works IMO

what kinda beans btw?
  12. Registered User

I always throw a cup in with the egg whites and a piece of fat free mozz.
  13. Registered User

oh one more thing i just noticed .. i'm not a fan of whey before bed .. any chance you can get casein? (either aussie or micellar)
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

beans are currently pork and beans (fat removed, tomato sauce drained, trace amounts left for taste). but i realize there are better options out there and starting next week, they're being switched to pintos or black.

drew, you throw a cup of broccoli in with the egg whites? that sounds absolutely horrible. i blend all my **** up in one big ass shake for breakfast. i would seriously hurt someone for sneaking broccoli in there.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    oh one more thing i just noticed .. i'm not a fan of whey before bed .. any chance you can get casein? (either aussie or micellar)
    goddamn it. i was under the assumption that the fats would slow the digestion of protein down somewhat. am i mistaken? i'll buy the other protein if you feel it is necessary. i was formerly using skim milk mixed with it, but as you see, all dairy has been dropped.
  16. Registered User

well i do agree the fats and the fiber from the broccolli will slow digestion .. however whey is REALLY fast and i do think you're better off with a blend like 40% casein, 40% MPI, 20% whey
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

alrighty, consider it done.

thanks again brutha.
  18. Board Supporter

before I go to bed I normally have a small bowl of cottage cheese and a casein shake with udo's oil.

I sprinkle some splenda on the cottage cheese and eat it like a giant yogurt. Actually tastes really nice! and is super quick to put together and easy to eat. Another slow digesting idea for you before bed.
  19. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Just a suggestion on the blend protein. Nutraplanet sells Matrix 5.0 for $26. Its 5lbs of Whey( unfiltered & undenatured), miscellar casein and egg albumin. Tastes & mixes awesome. I use the chocolate, vanilla and the orange cream for diff concoctions and they are all great.

Oh, try white beans. Taste awesome plain, especially with rice. Bush's chili beans are another favorite, only 1 gram fat per serving and quite tasty. Blackeye peas are another staple for me but they may be more of an acquired taste.
  20. dsl
    officially an adult

just so you know I have found bagles with a little cream cheese much quicker than eating oats. I would guess that you make a shake but I can't stomach one of those without milk cause it tastes like my ass just threw up
  21. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    beans are currently pork and beans (fat removed, tomato sauce drained, trace amounts left for taste). but i realize there are better options out there and starting next week, they're being switched to pintos or black.

drew, you throw a cup of broccoli in with the egg whites? that sounds absolutely horrible. i blend all my **** up in one big ass shake for breakfast. i would seriously hurt someone for sneaking broccoli in there.

Yeah, it is really not all that bad. I put the Broc. in the microwave for 55 sec. then cook the eggs and add the brock about 30 seconds before I take it off the stove. Kind of tasty, I know it sounds gross but it goes down easy. Plus, its nice to get a cup out of the way early in the day.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

bpmartyr, thanks for that tip with matrix 5.0. might be the thing i'm looking for at bedtime.

dsl, the oatmeal ain't nuttin' to it. only thing that gets me is veggies.

drew, **** you. keep that nasty ass thing away from me. and you can take that however you want it, lol.
  23. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    bpmartyr, thanks for that tip with matrix 5.0. might be the thing i'm looking for at bedtime.

dsl, the oatmeal ain't nuttin' to it. only thing that gets me is veggies.

drew, **** you. keep that nasty ass thing away from me. and you can take that however you want it, lol.

Beelzebub= PUS PUS!!!
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

beefcake........BEEFCAKE
  25. Registered User

Pus Pus!!!!!! Not Beefcake!!!
  26. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

I love me some pus pus on my beefcake!
  27. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr
    I love me some pus pus on my beefcake!
    Damn, I didnt know you swing both ways!
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Last edited by Beelzebub; 07-11-2006 at 10:05 AM.
  29. Registered User

Good one PUS PUS!!
  30. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by revodrew
    Damn, I didnt know you swing both ways!
    Liar!
  31. New Member

Lookin swole there beezelbub. I can see that mega mass 4000 is doing wonders.
  32. Registered User

He did so well he was even able to start his own website:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  33. Board Supporter

This is AFTER the diet

BEEFCAAAAKE

34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold
    Lookin swole there beezelbub. I can see that mega mass 4000 is doing wonders.
    narrator: are you a 90lbs weaking?
    cartman: i weigh 90lbs.

narrator: weight gainer 4000 has over 1000 grams of saturated fat per serving. the fat is equally distributed to the muscles of your body making your muscles bigger and stronger. can you say beefcake?

cartman: beefcake

narrator: BEEFCAKE

cartman: BEEFCAKE!!!!
  35. Banned

I'll throw in my thoughts as well. I prefer a lower fat ratio and less sugars. I basically shoot for zero fats, as it is almost impossible to reach. Not to mention its provides me flexability when the occassional grab what you can and run scenerio hits. With EFA supps and the natural fat inherent in much that you will consume more than covers it. (as long as you are consuming real food protiens like beef, chicken, turkey, lean pork, tuna, and the like). The fruits are great when on maintenenace but if reducing is your goal I would eliminate all simple carbs other than during a carb refeed at least once a week. Exceptions are before or after WO. I also recommend all carbs prior to your relative evening time. Consume only protiens at that point to carry you over till morn. I like to have a whey shake in skim as well. It slows down the process a bit due to its casein. But without doubt cottage cheese is king there. Sprinkle some whey on it if you can and you are good to go. As far as the veggies go stick with coarse roughage as much as you can. The digestive process alone keeps the metabolism cranking away. The body will always get its requirements from the easiest sources it can. Hence I stay away from sugars and simple carbs that convert easy as well. All other dairy is restricted outside of what I mentioned. Just my 2 cents, and what works for me....

All is relative to your calculated needs and proper caloric reductions.
  36. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoky
    The fruits are great when on maintenenace but if reducing is your goal I would eliminate all simple carbs other than during a carb refeed at least once a week. Exceptions are before or after WO. I also recommend all carbs prior to your relative evening time. Consume only protiens at that point to carry you over till morn. I like to have a whey shake in skim as well. It slows down the process a bit due to its casein. But without doubt cottage cheese is king there. Sprinkle some whey on it if you can and you are good to go. As far as the veggies go stick with coarse roughage as much as you can. The digestive process alone keeps the metabolism cranking away. The body will always get its requirements from the easiest sources it can. Hence I stay away from sugars and simple carbs that convert easy as well. All other dairy is restricted outside of what I mentioned. .
    Why do you avoid fruits? What are you referring to when you say simple sugars? It is the GI that shows us the effect on bloodsugar. Most fruits have a GI lower than oats. Strawberries have a GI of 40, wild blueberries are about 13. Also, what is your reasoning for excluding carbs in the evening, as long as you avoid hi GI and starchy carbs you will be just fine. Whey is the last type of protein you want before bed even in milk, stick to whole foods, cassein, or at least a blend protein ( which is what I do out of sheer convenience ). And why restrict dairy? Yogurt is a great source of slow release protein and low GI carbs, plus the active cultures aid in digestion. Recent studies have shown dairy products to aid in fatloss. FWIW
  37. board observer

Here's a nice post from Bobo about trying to slow digestion down with oils (it doesn't work).

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/fat-l...fore-bed.html?
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

awesome, thanks for that moyer.
  39. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Thumbs up

Yeah, thanks Moyer. Good read.
  40. board observer

Any time. If it's one thing I'm good at, it's bookmarking.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Recomp/Lean Bulk Diet! Check it out!
    By manifesto in forum Bulking
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-20-2010, 12:22 PM
  2. Diet Check..!
    By Cappy in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 12:41 PM
  3. Yet another Diet check, please critique
    By J_MAN in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15