diet check

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
well, my ass checked in at 296lbs on friday evening. so i figured it was time for a diet again, lol. need some diet feedback from you more experienced diet gurus out there. any tweaks?

meal 1
10 egg whites
1 cup oatmeal
1 scoop protein

meal 2
1 can tuna
1/2 can beans

meal 3
8oz ultra-lean burger
1 cup brown rice

meal 4
1 can tuna
1/2 can beans

meal 5 (preWO)
2 scoops whey
1 cup oatmeal

meal 6 (postWO)
2 scoops whey
1 cup oatmeal

meal 7
8oz chicken (baked, broiled, etc.)
1 cup broccoli
10 grams flax oil

meal 8
2 scoops whey
10 grams flax oil

totals:
3773 cals, 419 pro, 368 carb, 69.5 fat

previous totals:
4486 cals, 468 pro, 412 carb, 101 fat

starting empty morning weight: 275.5lbs

edit: overall water intake per day - 2 gallons

Last edited:
bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I may not be one of the experienced gurus, but I would add a little more veggie and some fruit to the mix. Some berries in the protein shake, bananas, apples and spinach salads are my pers choices. Overall carb and protein sources are great ( Me loves some beans).

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
*barf*

lol, i knew it. veggies were low, they just taste like ass. ****. only thing i can stomach is raw broccoli. whatcha thinking as far as how much to add? and where to add it?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Well I'm no saint myself. I have a big baby spinach salad w/brocolli and maybe some red/yellow bell peppers for dinner along with whatever lean meat I prepare. I try to make up for it in fruit. I keep apples in the fridge, somethin about a cold apple is really refreshing. Make sure they are new crop and have not been sitting in storage for a year. Your produce guy can point ya to the fresh ones. Berries are really good for you, low GI, naturally sweet, loaded with anti-oxidants and blueberries in particular act as an anti inflammitory. Bananas are also fairly low GI ( the greener the lower), high in potassium and actually help to supress appetite.

One other thing I sometimes get is a green juice of some sort. Mixture of fruits and concentrated greens that actually tastes really good. FWIW

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
I may not be one of the experienced gurus, but I would add a little more veggie and some fruit to the mix. Some berries in the protein shake, bananas, apples and spinach salads are my pers choices. Overall carb and protein sources are great ( Me loves some beans).
Bump that^

Bird's Eye frozen green beans with almonds always works well for me. Quick and easy. 3/4-1 cup with any whole food meal.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i think it looks like a great diet brotha

i do agree though it would behoove you to throw in 3 cups of broccoli spread out throughout the day

you should see some great changes after three weeks or so at which point i would lower the protein down to a little below 400 then start tweaking with the carbs

so aside from adding some veggies in and buying a toupe i wouldn't change anything

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
friggin hair joke. bastard.

another vote for more broccoli. how do ya argue with that avatar? 3 cups? **** me. where do you see em best utilized at? (the broccoli that is, not the '**** me' part)

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i'd throw the 1 cup with your bedtime meal and another with either meal 2 or 3

and you're best bet is to **** yourself with a double sided glass dildo

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
oh, so 2 additional cups? i can swing that. i'll throw one in with meal #3-4 (more optimal than 2 for me). and one with bed. awesome. much appreciated shortie :D

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
yeah that definitely works IMO

what kinda beans btw?

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
I always throw a cup in with the egg whites and a piece of fat free mozz.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
oh one more thing i just noticed .. i'm not a fan of whey before bed .. any chance you can get casein? (either aussie or micellar)

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
beans are currently pork and beans (fat removed, tomato sauce drained, trace amounts left for taste). but i realize there are better options out there and starting next week, they're being switched to pintos or black.

drew, you throw a cup of broccoli in with the egg whites? that sounds absolutely horrible. i blend all my **** up in one big ass shake for breakfast. i would seriously hurt someone for sneaking broccoli in there.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
oh one more thing i just noticed .. i'm not a fan of whey before bed .. any chance you can get casein? (either aussie or micellar)
goddamn it. i was under the assumption that the fats would slow the digestion of protein down somewhat. am i mistaken? i'll buy the other protein if you feel it is necessary. i was formerly using skim milk mixed with it, but as you see, all dairy has been dropped.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
well i do agree the fats and the fiber from the broccolli will slow digestion .. however whey is REALLY fast and i do think you're better off with a blend like 40% casein, 40% MPI, 20% whey

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
alrighty, consider it done.

thanks again brutha.

logan

logan

Board Supporter
Awards
before I go to bed I normally have a small bowl of cottage cheese and a casein shake with udo's oil.

I sprinkle some splenda on the cottage cheese and eat it like a giant yogurt. Actually tastes really nice! and is super quick to put together and easy to eat. Another slow digesting idea for you before bed.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Just a suggestion on the blend protein. Nutraplanet sells Matrix 5.0 for $26. Its 5lbs of Whey( unfiltered & undenatured), miscellar casein and egg albumin. Tastes & mixes awesome. I use the chocolate, vanilla and the orange cream for diff concoctions and they are all great.

Oh, try white beans. Taste awesome plain, especially with rice. Bush's chili beans are another favorite, only 1 gram fat per serving and quite tasty. Blackeye peas are another staple for me but they may be more of an acquired taste.

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
just so you know I have found bagles with a little cream cheese much quicker than eating oats. I would guess that you make a shake but I can't stomach one of those without milk cause it tastes like my ass just threw up :blink:

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
beans are currently pork and beans (fat removed, tomato sauce drained, trace amounts left for taste). but i realize there are better options out there and starting next week, they're being switched to pintos or black.

drew, you throw a cup of broccoli in with the egg whites? that sounds absolutely horrible. i blend all my **** up in one big ass shake for breakfast. i would seriously hurt someone for sneaking broccoli in there.

Yeah, it is really not all that bad. I put the Broc. in the microwave for 55 sec. then cook the eggs and add the brock about 30 seconds before I take it off the stove. Kind of tasty, I know it sounds gross but it goes down easy. Plus, its nice to get a cup out of the way early in the day.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
bpmartyr, thanks for that tip with matrix 5.0. might be the thing i'm looking for at bedtime.

dsl, the oatmeal ain't nuttin' to it. only thing that gets me is veggies.

drew, **** you. keep that nasty ass thing away from me. and you can take that however you want it, lol. :D

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
bpmartyr, thanks for that tip with matrix 5.0. might be the thing i'm looking for at bedtime.

dsl, the oatmeal ain't nuttin' to it. only thing that gets me is veggies.

drew, **** you. keep that nasty ass thing away from me. and you can take that however you want it, lol. :D

Beelzebub= PUS PUS!!!

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I love me some pus pus on my beefcake!

Cold

Awards
Lookin swole there beezelbub. I can see that mega mass 4000 is doing wonders.:D

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
He did so well he was even able to start his own website:

Attachments

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Lookin swole there beezelbub. I can see that mega mass 4000 is doing wonders.:D
narrator: are you a 90lbs weaking?
cartman: i weigh 90lbs.

narrator: weight gainer 4000 has over 1000 grams of saturated fat per serving. the fat is equally distributed to the muscles of your body making your muscles bigger and stronger. can you say beefcake?

cartman: beefcake

narrator: BEEFCAKE

cartman: BEEFCAKE!!!!

Smoky

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'll throw in my thoughts as well. I prefer a lower fat ratio and less sugars. I basically shoot for zero fats, as it is almost impossible to reach. Not to mention its provides me flexability when the occassional grab what you can and run scenerio hits. With EFA supps and the natural fat inherent in much that you will consume more than covers it. (as long as you are consuming real food protiens like beef, chicken, turkey, lean pork, tuna, and the like). The fruits are great when on maintenenace but if reducing is your goal I would eliminate all simple carbs other than during a carb refeed at least once a week. Exceptions are before or after WO. I also recommend all carbs prior to your relative evening time. Consume only protiens at that point to carry you over till morn. I like to have a whey shake in skim as well. It slows down the process a bit due to its casein. But without doubt cottage cheese is king there. Sprinkle some whey on it if you can and you are good to go. As far as the veggies go stick with coarse roughage as much as you can. The digestive process alone keeps the metabolism cranking away. The body will always get its requirements from the easiest sources it can. Hence I stay away from sugars and simple carbs that convert easy as well. All other dairy is restricted outside of what I mentioned. Just my 2 cents, and what works for me....

All is relative to your calculated needs and proper caloric reductions.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
The fruits are great when on maintenenace but if reducing is your goal I would eliminate all simple carbs other than during a carb refeed at least once a week. Exceptions are before or after WO. I also recommend all carbs prior to your relative evening time. Consume only protiens at that point to carry you over till morn. I like to have a whey shake in skim as well. It slows down the process a bit due to its casein. But without doubt cottage cheese is king there. Sprinkle some whey on it if you can and you are good to go. As far as the veggies go stick with coarse roughage as much as you can. The digestive process alone keeps the metabolism cranking away. The body will always get its requirements from the easiest sources it can. Hence I stay away from sugars and simple carbs that convert easy as well. All other dairy is restricted outside of what I mentioned. .
Why do you avoid fruits? What are you referring to when you say simple sugars? It is the GI that shows us the effect on bloodsugar. Most fruits have a GI lower than oats. Strawberries have a GI of 40, wild blueberries are about 13. Also, what is your reasoning for excluding carbs in the evening, as long as you avoid hi GI and starchy carbs you will be just fine. Whey is the last type of protein you want before bed even in milk, stick to whole foods, cassein, or at least a blend protein ( which is what I do out of sheer convenience ). And why restrict dairy? Yogurt is a great source of slow release protein and low GI carbs, plus the active cultures aid in digestion. Recent studies have shown dairy products to aid in fatloss. FWIW

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, thanks Moyer. Good read.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Any time. If it's one thing I'm good at, it's bookmarking.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Off topic but, what is your bf% in your avatar Moyer?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Your guess is as good as mine. Calipers say 9-10%. Cheapo boielectric bf scale says 22.7% :blink:
Thanks. 9-10 sounds about right. I am getting close to that appearance wise and like to compare with other peoples readings to try and ascertain an accurate average. ( Say that 10 times fast, whew )

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Beelz. If you cook the eggs then I would throw in some Bell peppers. I chop up half a pepper and it adds to the flavor and theres a nice crunch when i am eating.

Smoky

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Why do you avoid fruits? What are you referring to when you say simple sugars? It is the GI that shows us the effect on bloodsugar. Most fruits have a GI lower than oats. Strawberries have a GI of 40, wild blueberries are about 13. Also, what is your reasoning for excluding carbs in the evening, as long as you avoid hi GI and starchy carbs you will be just fine. Whey is the last type of protein you want before bed even in milk, stick to whole foods, cassein, or at least a blend protein ( which is what I do out of sheer convenience ). And why restrict dairy? Yogurt is a great source of slow release protein and low GI carbs, plus the active cultures aid in digestion. Recent studies have shown dairy products to aid in fatloss. FWIW
Not an easy answer. But first let me say it is what works for me. Never claiming to an expert or anything. I will attempt to explain my logic in a layman fashion as I don’t recall the specifics/Scientifics at this time. I look at the body kind of like I do a car or machine of sorts. We know the body has many ways to maintain itself. We also know some are not favorable for our desires. If I want to loose BF then I look at what I want my body to burn. In this case FAT. So loosely based on that I want to eliminate the others in a controlled/healthy manner. Directing the body to burn FAT for fuel. We won't bother discussing protein needs as we all understand that about the same. Most of us agree but not all, that science and reality don't always line up. We know that the liver and the muscle tissues both have glycogen stores. When they are empty the body basically turns to fat for basic fuel. Fat is very high in value in its respects to what the body needs. But it requires great energy to convert as needed. (good thing) Here is where the complex carbs come in. Burning fat just to digest if all goes according to plan. The liver n the other hand if my memory is with me also holds glycogen but of a different value so to speak. It also has a larger store mainly filled by the complex carbs. Notice I make distinction of complex and simple carbs NOT low or high GI. One might suggest celery as an example it requires more energy to digest than it provides. By limiting the simple carbs which generally convert to sugar and feed the muscle stores which are very small, we encourage FAT burning. Also once the muscle stores have reached capacity the rest is stored as fat. Complex via the liver does not as much due to its much larger store, to the best of my memory. I am thinking that it may also dump the excess instead of storing but my memory is unsure there. I also believe we get a much smoother more stable blood sugar with this concept. This adds up to more control over what is happening. Sugars create spikes due to their rapid assimilation. With this recipe you then determine what to add or take away. I have always started this way then adjust as my body needs. Slowly finding the balance. Yes the fruits are good for you and all that you said. It’s just the method I use to train the metabolism you might say. Making it earn what it needs in one perspective. For me it’s hard to explain as it’s more of a philosophy than a science. I suppose I should have stated this is how I start if major loss is required. When all is falling in place so to speak and you are achieving your goals, then you get to the area of requiring finer control dietary manipulation. At that time I will lean more towards your understanding of diet. At that point in your journey, one should be aware of where they are and what they need to manipulate.

One may look at this as a limiting of sorts for maximum metabolism change and slowly adding back as required too meet an individuals needs. We all know the types that seem to eat anything and it works as much as those that are opposite. To me this method helps you find your balance in a controlled efficient manner.

I also believe that the body trains you as you train it. We all react differently so one must read the signs and adjust. Lets recall how complex carbs vs. sugars work for you if you are running SD with restricted calories. Hypoglycemic in a hurry for most if they get anywhere near their limits.

To me the big key here is the metabolism. Get it running full time and keep it there if you can. Use foods that are palatable to you and as pleasing as possible. I say this as one that has learned to make it a way of life not a passing fad as we used to say. Perhaps my age has tempered me in ways. As for the protein I will agree that there are differences but only after the other facts are in control, does it become significant. We see it here all the time people have a tendency to jump to best part of cycle just like they do with video games. Lets make an example of the supplement industry or diet industry for that matter. JUST TELL ME WHAT PILL TO TAKE. We have all know the type or encountered them somewhere. They are never building the proper foundations for future growth or maintenance. I may be rambling some sorry. The main point was no carbs which you questioned. I want no excess glycogen in my body at night that can even be considered for potential fat storage. I want all energy for growth and recovery. So finding your balance is the point of the effort.

Concerning the dairy, most has a FAT content. Referring back to my shooting for zero fat, because I know I can’t eliminate nor would I want to. After I train my metabolism to burn fat and have the results to show it, then I begin to add other carbs and yes yogurt. I am a big dairy lover. But as I was inferring the way of life is easiest when you find the concessions you can have and those you can’t. I suppose I realize these things as I get older and have survived many changes. When you are 20 something its totally different than being 30 or 40, and so on. Think of Ageless, looks great but can’t open a jar of pickles. It is about survival and doing it the best we can that fits our individual needs and or desires. If everything you eat and do is a chore to achieve a goal, it grows old eventually. That’s why I use the word balance, constantly adapting in this NOW ever changing world. Giving yourself the flexibility to enjoy life in your own way.

I hope I made some sense. I will repeat I don't advocate living this way, just a method to find your BALANCE and train your metabolism. Hell I had ice cream late last night. But I enjoyed it and my methods allow it. I applied these methods during my SD. Pro cycle as well, with great success in recomping. Big difference between recomping, cutting, and maintenance. It works for me is the most I can say. My method helped a GF drop ovr40 lbs. I am also applying this to my six pack summer dream plan. I am staying strong and dropping BF as I go. Most importantly I am happy and content with my body results and condition. Sufferage is no way to live, so learn to enjoy it if you dont already. If I had to choose between a set of what ever or an evening with good relaxing company it easy. I go as far as structuring my WOs to allow for maximum flex as well. Letting myself enjoy the spontenaity of life as best I can and still achieve my personal goals.
:yawn: