Critique My Diet... - AnabolicMinds.com

Critique My Diet...

  1. :::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
    Achilles13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    468

    Reputation

    Critique My Diet...


    Meal 1 - 5 ouncesChicken Breast + 2 cup of Oatmeal in skim milk or water.(8am)

    Meal 2 - 2 servings of ON Gold Standard Whey + 2 cups of oatmeal in skim milk.(3pm)

    Meal 3 - 2 cups salad(includes tomatoes, carrots, grilled chicken or turkey)Ranch Dressing(probably fat free)+ 5 ounces of baked fish.(6pm)

    Meal 4 - Chicken breast 10 or 15 0unces + Green Beans (8pm)

    Meal 5 - 5 or 10oz of Chicken Breast (10:00pm)

    Meal 6 - 2 scoops of ON Whey(11:00pm)

    Been following this diet for awhile. Ususally use this format when I am cutting and bulking. On bulk, I add in more oz in each meal. Using fitday, this estimates around 2609 cals...57fat...143carb...366pr ot. I've been following this diet since the beginning of my cut and continuing until I lose more weight. Looking for advice from anyone who sees something faulty. Thanks AM.

  2. Professional Member
    Grunt76's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    47
    Posts
    3,131
    Rep Power
    1783

    Reputation

    The smartass with the bad diet here will advise.

    It looks good except for a couple points: First, there's 7 whole hours between the 8:00 and 3PM. Gotta have one, or possibly 2 snacks in there bro. And then, you have 9 hours between the whey and the breakfast. Unless you sleep 9 hours, I'd suggest trying to move the meals closer together. That's the more major improvement you can possibly make.

    If you had caseinate, I'd say chug some down during the night, that's pretty hardcore. One last thing I'd do is add a few tablespoons of psyllium husks or some broccoli, which is very low-carb, to one or 2 meals in there. But this is pretty minor. Is your PWO shake the 3PM?
  3. :::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
    Achilles13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    468

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Grunt76
    The smartass with the bad diet here will advise.

    It looks good except for a couple points: First, there's 7 whole hours between the 8:00 and 3PM. Gotta have one, or possibly 2 snacks in there bro. And then, you have 9 hours between the whey and the breakfast. Unless you sleep 9 hours, I'd suggest trying to move the meals closer together. That's the more major improvement you can possibly make.

    If you had caseinate, I'd say chug some down during the night, that's pretty hardcore. One last thing I'd do is add a few tablespoons of psyllium husks or some broccoli, which is very low-carb, to one or 2 meals in there. But this is pretty minor. Is your PWO shake the 3PM?

    Thanks for replying Grunt... I should've explained why there is such a long time in between my first two meals. I go to school around 9am and don't get out unti 12:15pm. After that, I hit the gym, which consists of my lift and cardio. Ususally runs about a hour and half. Then it's like 30 min drive home(dedication right there...lol) . Usually around 11:00am I eat 2 or 3 oranges for some carbs so I can get ready for my workout. The 3pm meal is my pwo shake/meal( I drink the shake right after workout and may 3 a small orange or apple then eat the oatmeal when i get home). I'll look into some caseniate and broccoli.
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    Grunt76's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    47
    Posts
    3,131
    Rep Power
    1783

    Reputation

    But you really really really have to do something about that nutrition gap, man, ESPECIALLY preworkout. You're catabolic right before starting your lifting and that can't be good for you. A couple oranges is better than nothing, but how about bringing something to school bro? I dunno, a container of cottage cheese with a veggie, like Red Bell pepper, celeri or broccoli and use the cottage as a dip. Yum.
  5. :::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
    Achilles13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    468

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Grunt76
    But you really really really have to do something about that nutrition gap, man, ESPECIALLY preworkout. You're catabolic right before starting your lifting and that can't be good for you. A couple oranges is better than nothing, but how about bringing something to school bro? I dunno, a container of cottage cheese with a veggie, like Red Bell pepper, celeri or broccoli and use the cottage as a dip. Yum.

    I don't do cottage cheese to well bro. That stuff is gross. How does a protein bar(IDK what kind yet) and some broccoli or something?
  6. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    bpmartyr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,443
    Rep Power
    27395

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles13
    I don't do cottage cheese to well bro. That stuff is gross. How does a protein bar(IDK what kind yet) and some broccoli or something?
    Protein bar is better than nothing. I'd bring a banana, an apple, a tuna sandwich and a yogurt and have them all down in that empty span you have.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  7. :::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
    Achilles13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    468

    Reputation

    Need some more help. Eating this consistant and this many calories, I feel bloated throughout the day. Is this normal? I mean, I don't mind eating frequently and upping my cals from 2k but should i feel like crap and bloated?

    Another question, when I was taking in no more than 2k cals, I felt leaner and 'drier'. Mearning throughout the day abs were visible and vascularity is very visible. Why is it now that those things are leaving? I haven't been back on the scale since upping my cal intake but I don't feel like I have been losing weight. Going by michaels calc, I am takin in the right amout of cals. I hold water well so i usually don't take in more than 150 carbs a day. Right now, I feel like it's a waste to diet and workout because no progress is being made. No I am not looking for quick results, but losing 2lbs a week shouldn't be hard and following what the calc outputed, i should be losing but feels like i am not. Once again when I was taking in about 2k cals(maj protein)... i lost some muscle but not alot. Can anyone shed some light on what is going on. Right now I feel like i am at a standstill and I need some advice.


    To also note, my second meal is usually at noon which consits of brocolli, orange, and a protein bar.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. please critique my diet
    By KILROZ in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-12-2004, 11:29 PM
  2. Critique My Diet! Currently 358g Protein!
    By Animosity in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-18-2004, 10:19 PM
  3. Another critique my diet thread-need pros only
    By ps24eva in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-18-2004, 03:11 AM
  4. T-1 Post cycle Q and critique my diet
    By Beta BBer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-08-2003, 04:56 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-23-2003, 09:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in