Some female help please

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.19%

Some female help please

I'm totally lost on this one so I was hoping my good friends at AM could help me out. I've been helping my gf out with getting into shape but we've hit a road block that I"ve never encountered before in my own training. She's at the point where she's just not getting any leaner no matter what we do. Currently she's training 4 days per week on both cardio and weights. Upper body one day and lower at the next workout for weights. Cardio is 40 mins per session. Calorie breakdown for today (which is a typical day for her) looks like this:

1233 kcals total
    103 g protein (33%)
    24.9g fat (18%)
    152.2 g carbs (49%)

Currently weighs 138 pounds. Any suggestions here? From my experience this would look pretty damned good.

2. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.28%

5-45 minutes cardio sessions a week. Lots of ab work. Try having her do sit ups with medicine balls. How much more weight does she have to lose?
  3. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.73%

This may sound strange, but she may not be eating enough. Only 1233 calories a day may be putting her body into starvation mode. Can you post the foods she is eating as well. May need more protein than that if she is training hard.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

103 g of protein isnt enough, How can she maintain her muscle mass? Adding muscle will burn more fat so up the protein to ATLEAST 1.2 gm per pound so like 166g per day. CAnt starve yourself to lose weight, fat chicks everywhere prove this "I only eat twice,once a day". Not calling your girl fat tho. lol
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.83%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by mab904
    This may sound strange, but she may not be eating enough. Only 1233 calories a day may be putting her body into starvation mode. Can you post the foods she is eating as well. May need more protein than that if she is training hard.
    my thoughts as well
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.61%

Quote Originally Posted by Gethuge
    I'm totally lost on this one so I was hoping my good friends at AM could help me out. I've been helping my gf out with getting into shape but we've hit a road block that I"ve never encountered before in my own training. She's at the point where she's just not getting any leaner no matter what we do. Currently she's training 4 days per week on both cardio and weights. Upper body one day and lower at the next workout for weights. Cardio is 40 mins per session. Calorie breakdown for today (which is a typical day for her) looks like this:

1233 kcals total
    103 g protein (33%)
    24.9g fat (18%)
    152.2 g carbs (49%)

Currently weighs 138 pounds. Any suggestions here? From my experience this would look pretty damned good.
    if shes dieting then keep protein high. like 50% total macros. either go 50pro/30fat/20cho or try a ckd, which is protein(muscle) sparring. total cals look way low if working out. try bw x 12 for cals. when fat loss slows drop cals gradually. i think shes stalled due to starvation mode and or a survival response from her body. if she is stalled it might be a good idea to eat at maintenance level for a week or two to get metabolism humming once again. also don't be afraid to cycle cals from high to low daily and have that cheat at least once a week, maybe more.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.56%

she may also be at her weight..meaning it's the bodys way of keeping you in check......no matter what she does she may be 138
    RIP Ryan, :(
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.15%

Increrase calories = avoid the starvation response which shuts down metabolism. You might want to consider 3 days/1day low/hi carb cycling as well.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.73%

FEED HER MORE!

Atleast 1.2 to 1.5 grams of protein per body lb. (like the other guys posted). Have her do the cardio in the morning, before she eats anything. Doing this will allow her body to use her stored sources orf energy i.e-FAT. If she drinks a protein shake or anything else her body will probably go through gluconeogenesis, which is the conversion of sugar from non-carbohydrate sources...last thing you want. Also make sure she is in the fat-loss zone of cardio, not the cardio-vascular zone. The cardio zone is for endurance athletes and sprinters, they are training there muscles for sport, not for burning fat.

Feed her 6-7 small meals a day, the earlier she can get up, the better. The longer you keep your metabolism going, better. It may take a while to get her proper protein/carb/fat ratio down so play around with it.

Good luck.

Yea im not the most cut-up guy, but I have lost 65lbs in a year and kept a lot of muscle, so this is what has worked for me. Again, best of luck
  10. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.83%

I support the others as well. Do the math and get her metabolism up. I have found that 500-1000 under maintenance with a cycling of carbs does wonders. Add a cortisol blocker and burners as applicable once the diet is under control.

Cardio is the most effective for females with high frequency. Time of its application is important as well. Do the AM or after WO for the most effect. IF she is trying to build or keep any mass keep the intensity under control.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.19%

THanks for all the help people. Here's the plan:

1. Up her calories. I'm moving her to about 1700 calories a day.
    2. More protein, reduced carbs (not zero carbs)

I'll keep everyone posted on the results. Thanks again.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99%

Are there any females taking any kind of steroids or supplements that has helped them tone up, if so what are they? My problem is, well I've gained weight, love they way I look in my clothes now, but along with that weight, came a gut that I'm finding hard to get rid of, which also looks like cellulite appearing on it as well as my thighs. I've used Lipo and Absolved for my core=didn't work! I've been running but I feel like I need to do more but don't know what. Is there anything I can take that'll help? Please help!
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.83%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

yes, you can post your diet as well. a pill is not the answer you're looking for.

there is no 'tone up'. there is lose fat and show muscle in the process.

Similar Forum Threads

1. I Need Some Fast Help Please! Gyno
    By RCounty54 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-20-2010, 12:24 AM
  2. Hi need some good help , please .
    By Aiolias in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 10:33 PM
  3. 320 lbs. need some nutritional help please!
    By figgs0798 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-08-2009, 04:03 PM
  4. 320 lbs. need some nutritional help please!
    By figgs0798 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-07-2009, 04:21 AM
  5. seriouse problem~~need some ones help please!
    By just93 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-14-2008, 04:07 PM