Crystal Light, Sugarfree Gum, Sugarfree Jello

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
What does everyone think about having these things as part of their diet. I know Jay Cutler likes the sugarfree tang which is the same thing as crystal light. On the back of sugarfree gum it always says there is like 1 or 2 grams of carbs and like 1 or 2 grams of sugar alcohols? What in the heck does this mean?

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I drink 32oz of crystal light a day along with 32oz of water if not more..fills u up...

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
Same here. I keep the 16.9 or 20 oz bottles in one fridge and picture of crystal light in the other. Besides water, its about the only thing i consume alot of.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I mix it with 1/2 gallon of water and BCAAS for every workout. Covers up the nasty powders well.

JCJXXL

Awards
Good stuff. Lipton makes one called CARB OPTIONS. It's like Crystal Light but instead of Nutrasweet it's made with Splenda.

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
I would avoid product that contain Aspartame, especially if you use oral "supplements." This is due to the fact that it is well established that aspartame converts into formaldehyde in the liver. Certainly, it is a minute amount, but add up all of the aspartame you consume on a daily basis and it could definitely be harsh on your liver. But my primary concern with aspartame is chronic use over a period of 10-15 years. Anyone exposed to any sort of toxin, even in small amounts, but for a long period of time, is going to have some problems.

Stick with Sucralose and Acesulfame Potassium.

Crystal Light and even sugarless gum both have Aspartame. If you're like me and chew almost a pack a day of gum... it adds up quick!

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Yea, I'm willing to bet some of the medical problems my grandmother is going through have to do with the fact that she has had 2 or more packs of sweet-n-low (aspartamine sweetener) per day for 20+ years (I'm willing to be she's been using it instead of sugar in her tea since it came out). I'm all for splenda.

ManBeast

cgcrz8

Awards
Couldn't one just get a pack of koolaid mix and instead of sugar add splenda? I did this and it tastes fine. I mix my creatine with it.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Guys sucralose probably isn't going to prove to be any better than aspartame. There just aren't enough human studies done yet, to show it's dangers. Give it time.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Stevia my friends, that is the way to go.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Stevia my friends, that is the way to go.

Agreed!!

Some research has showed that sucralose causes shrunken thymus glands and enlarged liver and kidneys.

Jonny, where do you get your Stevia? I don't recall seeing it in the supermarkets..

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
I am not too sure it will be in supermarkets probably need to go to a health food store. It is actually considered a supplement. Some FDA bullshit. Been used for centuries without any reported issues.

http://www.stevia.net/fda.htm

jhferry

Awards
I would say Stevia after reading this thread and the link to that article. The FDA is such bullshit.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
stevia can be had at Vitamin World or any health food store, the thing is its not an all purpose sweetner like Splenda, Stevia is good for drinks, other than that its a tad bitter.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I found that the Crystal Light that is made in 16 oz. bottles does NOT have aspartame in it.
It is more expensive than buying the little tubs of Crystal Light - but does not have aspartame.
You can get these at Wal-mart of Sam's.

Also, Propel by Gatorade doesn't have aspartame. It does have some calories, but the big ones only have 12 cals from carbohydrates. Even someone dieting should be able to adjust for those cals.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just got my tub of Stevia in today. I'll be trying it tomorrow. I was a huge fan of Splenda so we'll see how this goes...

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Stevia = yuck! It's got an awful bitter taste; I'll be going back to good ole Splenda...

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
how much stevia did you use? and with what?
It says one serving is 1/32 of a teaspoon. I prob used 1/4 teaspoon and I put it in my oatmeal. It just had a nasty bitter taste. Hell it tasted worse than aspartame. I have toi use it up since I just got it, but I can't wait to get back to Splenda. I'd use regular sugar before I'd use Stevia again.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
YOU GOTTA GET THE WHITE STEVIA BOSS.........NOT THE EXTRACT!
Huh? My stevia is white. It came in a little container and its a fine white powder. I do believe it's the extract tho. The only other choice was a liquid.

Jblake

Awards
Yea, I'm willing to bet some of the medical problems my grandmother is going through have to do with the fact that she has had 2 or more packs of sweet-n-low (aspartamine sweetener) per day for 20+ years (I'm willing to be she's been using it instead of sugar in her tea since it came out). I'm all for splenda.

ManBeast
Sweet-n-Low is actually saccharine.