gyno or flab? - AnabolicMinds.com

gyno or flab?

1. New Member

gyno or flab?

how can you tell that there is actual tissue around the breast and its not just a little extra fat?

2. New Member

yeah, i think i have this same issue. I was a really fat ass kid growing up and i think my nips have been bigger than usual. I have had this **** since i was like 8.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Pinch the skin around the nipple and roll it in your fingers. If it doesn't feel almost exactly like a roll of fat from your stomach or wherever but feels lumpier, then there's a good chance it's gyno.
    •   

4. New Member

I am new to this site, but this is one of the reasons I joined. I recently went and saw a doctor about my gynecomastia. I was a husky kid growing up, but as i started lifting (around 15) i began growing excessive breast tissue. CGCRZ is correct, roll it around and feel for a lumpy tissue, if this is what you have you have gynecomastia, and the cure for it is only surgical or hormonal treatments. If you just have a fatty chest, this is called pseudogynecomastia and you can lose that with diet and exercise or liposuction.

Someone tell me how to start a post please, Im new

-Stupid horse, that was a deer crossing.
  5. Board Sponsor

go to forums and pick a subject, than go to the bottom, and you will see sart thread at bottom... no prob bro it took me moths before i even thought about posting, let alone look and find it...
  6. New Member

If it is recently coming up - then touch your nips - it they are sore, sensitive - it is time to take action.
  7. New Member

THe thing is ive always been a chubby kid, and my breasts have always been kinda large, when i say large i mean about a handful easy. But at the same time ive had quite a bit of a belly which ive manage to reduce over time, but does still exist, the thing is now my tits are really p****ing me off, the stick out when i wear anything tight fitted, they feel funny when im lying down, they hang when im swimming....

anyway, could it still just be a bit of extra flab that needs training off?

Ps. My doctors a real a**hole.
  8. Board Sponsor

try the many hormonal protocols outlined on here...
  9. New Member

yeah my nipples show through my shirts too even though I'm not too big it annoys me. BTW it was crowned one with that great info not me.
  10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by apna2002

anyway, could it still just be a bit of extra flab that needs training off?

Ps. My doctors a real a**hole.
    We don't know... remove your fingers from the keyboard and do this :
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrownedOne
    Pinch the skin around the nipple and roll it in your fingers. If it doesn't feel almost exactly like a roll of fat from your stomach or wherever but feels lumpier, then there's a good chance it's gyno.
    .... it's your call on that.. we aren't sitting there grabbing your chest bro.

And sounds like you need a new doctor.
  11. New Member

yea I am in the same boat as you. Im still a little rotund, but my stomach and legs have shrank considerably, but the bitch tits are still there. I would assume it is gyno and you would probably need an operation.
  12. New Member

Dudes, my nipples are fine, the skin aint lumpy or nothing, **** me up when u said im gonna need an operation or some sh*t.
  13. Registered User

Dudes, my nipples are fine, the skin aint lumpy or nothing, **** me up when u said im gonna need an operation or some sh*t.
    You aren't pinching just the dermis... you are pinching around and under the areola.

Do this... take your right index finger and fore finger, lay flat and with your left arm straight up, over your head, now rock them back and forth.. do you feel a lump that is hard and only slightly moves... that's Gyno.

Do a google search ... do something to help yourself. ....
  14. New Member

nah man, no hard lump, just soft and squidgy... i take it thats good yah?
  15. Registered User

From your avatar your bf - at least upper body looks to be low.

If you are still concerned do a google search for gyno and you can see surgeon websites with before and after pictures. The before's will give you a better picture of how it can look.
  16. New Member

cheers folks, thanks alot for the advice, gonna do some more research and see the best ways to rid myself of these bad boy's
  17. laz
    Board Sponsor

If you are curious go to an endo, he will be able to tell you right away.
  18. New Member

how can you tell that there is actual tissue around the breast and its not just a little extra fat?
    Unfortunately, it can be difficult to distinguish just what is causing the problem. Gynecomastia male breasts can be fat, gland, or most commonly a combination of both. Sometimes skin and sagging tissues can be a factor. Pseudo Gynecomastia is supposed to be fat only gynecomastia. The problem with that "classification" is that in almost every case of gynecomastia I have seen there is some component of gland. This gland can be very small, but it is present almost all the time. So do you have Pseudo gynecomastia when there is a 1%, 10%, 50%, or 90% deformity from fat? Reality just does not work that way.

Defining the problem with photographs sometimes can help. However, it is impossible to tell from photographs if the deformity is from fat or gland. The dynamic images, of my standard set of images can show a region that compresses differently. Even clinical examination differentiation can be difficult.

Fat tends to be soft, gland tends to be firm. Fingers of gland often dissect between fingers of fat. Look at this drawing and move your mouse over the arrows. However, gland can be soft and fat firm confusing the picture. Gland tends to be located under the nipple and pinching pressure can sometimes tether to the nipple pulling it in.

Men with excessive fat do tend to have certain contour issues. Check out this link about Sumo Wrestlers. Men tend to carry excessive weight in their chest and stomach.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-30-2005, 05:22 PM
  2. Can't be gyno...or could it?
    By iron ogr in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 09:38 AM
  3. Gyno, or just stubborn fat?
    By Doko in forum Anabolics