this bread good?

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
majority of my complex carb source comes from brown rice, oatmeal, wheat bread. the simple carbs from fruit, dextrose and milk. question is, the wheat bread i get has its main ingredient after whole wheat flour and water as high fructose corn syrup. (it is 100% stound ground wheat and its $1.04 for a loaf). this good food still?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Im not a fan of anything "high fructose"
Fructose is the main sugar found in fruits man and is a low glycemic index carb. It is a simple sugar, monosacchardie. Fructose also increases the amount of blood fats(not a bad thing).But thats what you got, so eat it ;) Not gonna kill you or your diet, probably is better out there, Im not sure all wehat bread is high fructose. Good luck.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
right...thats more what i was asking. does most 100% wheat bread contain high fructose corn syrup? im not worried about it hurting my diet but just curious what you guys thought about me spending a bit more for the organic kinds or ones that might not contain nothing but good stuff.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
does most 100% wheat bread contain high fructose corn syrup?
Not all of them do. I think Roman Meal is one that does not, and some use honey instead. I think you just gotta look before buying next time, that's all.

true_c

Awards
this is why some people avoid it while cutting, but u know what, its still the best bread for u, and infinitely better than white bread. so unless ur into a serious cutting stage, i wouldnt worry.

even honey, gives the usual insulin response

SteveDFW

Awards
does most 100% wheat bread contain high fructose corn syrup? im not worried about it hurting my diet but just curious what you guys thought about me spending a bit more for the organic kinds or ones that might not contain nothing but good stuff.
Mrs. Bairds and Nature's Own now has a 100% Whole Wheat Sugar Free/High Fructose Syrup Free.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established

Mrs. Bairds and Nature's Own now has a 100% Whole Wheat Sugar Free/High Fructose Syrup Free.

nice....but who knows how taste would be. (had the worse lunch ever today, trying to stay healthy while at this one joint) you name it, it had it (like, butter free, sugar free, whole wheat, all organic, fat free, no perservitives,.etc. never doing that shid again. the best part of my meal was the milk. shame....)

SteveDFW

Awards

nice....but who knows how taste would be. (had the worse lunch ever today, trying to stay healthy while at this one joint) you name it, it had it (like, butter free, sugar free, whole wheat, all organic, fat free, no perservitives,.etc. never doing that shid again. the best part of my meal was the milk. shame....)
I have eaten them both. They taste fine too me. I cannot tell the difference.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
aight. next trip to the market, picking me up a loaf. thanx stevedwf

Sean

Awards
Im not a fan of anything "high fructose"
Fructose is the main sugar found in fruits man and is a low glycemic index carb. It is a simple sugar, monosacchardie. Fructose also increases the amount of blood fats(not a bad thing).But thats what you got, so eat it ;) Not gonna kill you or your diet, probably is better out there, Im not sure all wehat bread is high fructose. Good luck.
Fructose also cannot be converted to glycogen to be used by your muscles, if I remember correctly.