Beans and Gas-X

1. hemotep

Beans and Gas-X

I love beans...Bush's baked beans...they are pretty much just carbs and protein, cheap ($1.50), quick & easy, and taste great. A 28oz can has only 12g fat, 36g protein, and 168g carbs...thats like 900 calories.

But you'll definitely need the gasx. I just never see anyone say anything about beans on any of the boards, so I thought I'd mention em.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%

Hey, lately i've been having that same problem. Except for me it's the "Green Beans" that are the problem. I eat about 2-3 frozen packages a day of these, and eat 1/2 pack with every meal. They help fill me up, don't add hardly anything carb/calorie-wise, and IMO are a smart decision for fiber/digestion aid that comes with eating the large amounts of protein we consume.

I also have the same problem with Heinz Baked Beans(Brown Beans, white, and kidney beans alike), which I eat with Cottage Cheese to make more of the protein "Complete". Because as you probably already know, beans aren't complete proteins. That's why I wouldn't use them as a protein staple in my diet unless I were to mix them with Lentils/Peas, to fill in the lacking amino acids and make the protein complete.

In moderation, beans of all kinds are a great choice to add to your diet because of the great low glycemic, complex carbs they contain, coupled with the fiber content and extra protein opportunity(if you make the protein complete of course )

Good thread bro, I was just eating some beans when I read this, and it sure caught my eye
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

ya, thats a good amount of protein but its incomplete. you aint gonna be getting the complete source, as you would in chicken, fish, lean meats....
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.23%

As long as you mix a complete protein with your beans you are OK.

One of my favorite quick and easy meals is to eat half a can of pinto beans w/jalo peppers and a can of white chicken meat. Throw them together and microwave for 90 seconds.

Really good and easy.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.5%

Originally posted by SteveDFW
    As long as you mix a complete protein with your beans you are OK.

One of my favorite quick and easy meals is to eat half a can of pinto beans w/jalo peppers and a can of white chicken meat. Throw them together and microwave for 90 seconds.

Really good and easy.
    You could start a new topic, almost a new forum with this. I'm poor, finicky, hurried, and dense; so I'd really like to see some cheap, tasty, quick, and easy recipies geared towards bodybuilding.

Maybe even two forums, one for bulking recipes and one for cutting recipes.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Black beans and sausage
    By jacobb in forum Recipes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 12:37 AM
  2. Torm and gas pains
    By CryingEmo in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-21-2007, 07:58 AM
  3. Black Beans and Brown Rice
    By jrkarp in forum Recipes
    Replies: 5