rye bread over wheat bread?

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
im wondering if rye bread is better or as good as whole wheat.  They both have HFCS in them, but the whole wheat bread i had, had a little more sugar in it then the rye...and the rye had more fiber.   Fat content was the same.  Protien, i believe was higher by 1g in the wheat.

anyone?

h19

belbs75

Awards
i think rye is better, thats what i do eat if i ever eat bread..

spike1205

Awards
I like rye better too--thanks for letting me know its better for me too

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
i have been eating 9 grain bread..?? dont know if its the best or what??

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
i have been eating 9 grain bread..?? dont know if its the best or what??
best bread around is a 20 grain flax bread which i get from costco. But b/c im currently at school in ny, havent had a chance to have them since running out the 6 loafs i brought over in the beginning of the semester. i woudl say look at the ingredients and compare what the products are made of. Sage

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
thats what i did with the rye and wheat....yeah there are totally better breads..like ...the 20 grain etc. I had this 12 grain bread ....i dont like that ****.....i mean rye and wheat is better then white, so ill stick to those....

the 12+ grain just aint worth it...feels like im eating a birdseed sammich

h19

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I use honey bran flax bread. I think it's 5 or 9 grains, good stuff. The "honey" psrt had me worried, but the carbs looked fine on the label when I first bought it.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
yeah, I've seen what you're talking about Weave, I wondered about the honey part myself.