How many people here do the high-carb meal/day?

JohnGafnea

Awards
I'm just curious how many of you agree with the theory of repairing your system and keeping your metabolism from adapting to constant high-protein moderate/low-carb meals.

PS- That is the point right? :\

belbs75

Awards
Hey bro, i have carbs with every meal i have.. my 1st 2 breakfasts 6am and 9am i take in atleast 80g carbs in both so thats 160g for the 1st 2 meals, then my next 3 meals i take 45g carbs in each then my simple carbs Post workout, another 40g..

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you mean refeeds on Keto, I do a carb up but I don't take in anyhere near as many calories as recommended on a traditional Keto. I don't believe in carb ups otherwise. I don't think my metabolism slows down when I diet so there is no need o speed it up. Others may be diffeent though.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
all i got to say is belbs is a ripped mofo and i have NOOOOO IDEA how he is doign it with the amount of carbs he gets..

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He's likely an inferno I know a guy who gets contest shape leaner and harder than I've ever seen anyone get and he does no cardio, none. It drives you crazy.

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
He's likely an inferno I know a guy who gets contest shape leaner and harder than I've ever seen anyone get and he does no cardio, none. It drives you crazy.
ya...and i kno with cardio and practically no carbs i'd never get that lean. thats where genetics comes into play. i know because two years ago i tried this...

belbs75

Awards
all i got to say is belbs is a ripped mofo and i have NOOOOO IDEA how he is doign it with the amount of carbs he gets..
Bro in the first pics i ever posted, i used to take in minimal carbs, like only for my first 2 meals.. I found out later that its better for me to take in lots of carbs, im actually more ripped now with all the carbs opposed to 8 months ago with limited carbs.. I guess thats just how my body is. I do cardio atleast 4 times a week, but thats cos i like to stay fit..

JohnGafnea

Awards
Well what I meant was the thing that some people do where every 7-10th day or so, you have a designated high-carb day where you eat much more carbs that day then you would normally.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wouldn't do anything for me as I said my metabolism doesn't really slow down much when I do a contest diet. I've heard a lot of talk about metabolism slowing down but have yet to experience it or talk to people who have. If your metabolism slows down I think it's because you went too low in calories and you will have to restart it by eating more of this I have no doubt. As a planned part of your diet, I would say a big no, why plan to screw up. Don't drop cals too low too soon and you should be ok.

CKD is different you need to restore glycogen. Why you would have to take in so many cals like perscribed on most CKD diets I have no idea, it defies common sense and I'm doing fine keeping my cals just below maintenance on my refeed days. I guess it depends on how effecient your body is. Mine sucks those carbs up like a sponge.