PWO carbs while cutting - AnabolicMinds.com

PWO carbs while cutting

1. New Member
    Answers

PWO carbs while cutting

I wanted to get some people's input on post-workout carbs while cutting. Should I stick with dextrose/malto or go low GI or drop them all together? It's seems like a very confusing area...like one if you're not careful enough you'll wreck your progress.

Thanks.

2. New Member
    Answers

Depends upon a lot of factors, the most important two being your body type (do you collect body fat very easily) and the second being the kind of cut you are doing.

I have seen guys who do Velocity Diet style cuts do extremely well using high GI post workout carbs. Other guys do well aiming for the usual 40/40/20 splits and don't use the post workout carbs.

If you're an ectomorph, I think shutting off cortisol's going to be pretty important (post workout spike: yes) but much less so for endo or meso guys.

A highly, HIGHLY debatable point of view...

3. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Malek256
    Depends upon a lot of factors, the most important two being your body type (do you collect body fat very easily) and the second being the kind of cut you are doing.

I have seen guys who do Velocity Diet style cuts do extremely well using high GI post workout carbs. Other guys do well aiming for the usual 40/40/20 splits and don't use the post workout carbs.

If you're an ectomorph, I think shutting off cortisol's going to be pretty important (post workout spike: yes) but much less so for endo or meso guys.

A highly, HIGHLY debatable point of view...
    If I had to say a body type, I fall somewhere in between meso and endo. I've always had trouble figuring it on my own. I gain muscle fairly easy and fat gain takes some time. I also lose muscle somewhat fast. When I hurt my rotator cuff I missed 7 weeks of lifting and I lost about 12 lbs. But I seem to have zero problem meeting my goals when I get my ass in gear and stick to a diet and workout pan. But I am a little "soft" as well though...

As far as what kind of cut I am doing, I started at 230 with around 17% bf and would like to get around 10-12%. I've lost about 9lbs so far in just under four weeks while on Melting Point and Basic Cuts and 7-oxo-dhea (I'll be switching to LXT now that its back in stock). With the 7-oxo/lxt I'm not so sure that cortisol is a big problem. But I don't want to do anything or not do anything that I'll regret three months from now....

•   

4. Elite Member
    Answers

I'd say stick with low GI carbs just to be on the safe side...they're still going to replenish your glycogen stores but without the potential for fat gain that a higher GI carb will.

BV

5. Registered User
    Answers

low GI carbs. May try 50g immediately PWO and another 20-30 1 hour later. With protein, of course.

6. New Member
    Answers

Call me crazy, but unless you've just finished a 2-hour workout, you should stick to protein only after a workout, followed by a low-glycemic, whole food meal about an hour later (sweet potato, oatmeal, etc.). This is assuming you want to lose bodyfat, of course.

7. New Member
    Answers

Thanks

8. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cscsguy
    Call me crazy, but unless you've just finished a 2-hour workout, you should stick to protein only after a workout, followed by a low-glycemic, whole food meal about an hour later (sweet potato, oatmeal, etc.). This is assuming you want to lose bodyfat, of course.

depending on body type IMO. As an ecto, I know I need carbs immediately post such a workout with protein, and that carbs (at this time) will not negatively affect a cutting plan. That is, of course, my opinion only. If you have great difficulty shedding pounds and/or more of an endo, the protein only plan seems to work according to some people.

9. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by milwood
    low GI carbs. May try 50g immediately PWO and another 20-30 1 hour later. With protein, of course.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best carbs for pwo while cutting? Dextrose? Malto?
    By rhodesb11 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-18-2010, 12:30 PM
  2. PPWO carbs while cutting
    By bigbrock in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 11:50 PM
  3. Am I eating too little carbs while cutting???
    By BIGGUNZ401 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-02-2007, 10:16 AM
  4. Are preworkout carbs necessary while cutting?
    By CSK in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-09-2005, 01:43 PM
  5. Carb/Amino Drink while cutting
    By Sticks in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-07-2005, 01:19 PM