can someone explain in laymans terms

anapolack

Banned
Awards
what vinegar/cinnamon stack is supposed to do and how it works?

mab904

mab904

Awards
Basicly, both vinegar and cinnamon are proven to lower blood sugar.

One theory on why vinegar lowers blood sugar is that vinegar affects carbohydrate digestion. That acetic acid, a component of vinegar, interferes with the enzymes that digest carbohydrates. So the simple carbs pass on through without stopping, much like fiber does.
And cinnamon’s effect on blood sugar
is believed to be due to a proanthocyanidin, an active ingredient that increases sensitivity of receptors to insulin.

Jblake

Awards
I've found vinegar to be a very good partitioner when taken with carbs. It produces a definite muscle fulness and for me, makes my veins more pronounced.

anapolack

Banned
Awards
since you are experienced with it.....how did effect fat loss?

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
and better yet how much were you dosing? Just taking sips or what

Jblake

Awards
A shotglass full mixed in with water is the best dose. It's way too acidic on it's own. You can eyeball the amount. It works well for days with high carb intake. An example would be a carb refeed after a period of depletion. The vinegar makes your glucose use more efficient and allows you to store more inside the muscles. I bloat FAR less when I use vinegar. It's also great for damage control on cheat days as it makes the impact almost non-existant. I prefer it to stuff like GXR and ALA. Vanadyl at high doses is good stuff too.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I'm no chemist, but I don't think that sodium acetate will have the exact same effects as acetic acid.

ManBeast

Jblake

Awards
What about vinegar tablets? Would they work the same or not as effective?
The tabs aren't as effective in my experience. Most don't contain enough acetic acid to do much for you from what I've read. I'd rather take tablets than choke down vinegar-water though. Blech. Try this instead:

Vinegar Lemonade
This actually tastes pretty good. I'm cutting now and I drink it with my PWO meal. Make sure your water is ICE cold. Just add about a shotglass of vinegar to 12 to 16oz of water and mix in enough sugar free lemonade mix to cover up the flavor. It almost completely cancels out the nasty vinegar taste if you use enough water/flavoring. You can use Crystal Light, your local grocery's generic, they're all the same pretty much. Enjoy!

BTW, I read that the ancient Romans were fond of using different kinds of vinegars diluted in water as a beverage. Jesus request from the cross for a drink being met with a sponge soaked in vinegar on the end of a spear may have actually been an act of kindness instead of mockery as it is often interpreted today. Wierd tastes. Of course they also used garum... look that up. *vomits*

stri8ted_planet

Awards
  • Established
Vinegar tabs should work the same and you would avoid the taste. The tabs still have the vinegar smell. I take them for heartburn, which sounds crazy but it works great for me. Before caps I was taking a shot straight. I love vinegar though.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Vinegar is the main ingredient in many salad dressings and of course vinaigrettes, but you'd probably need a pretty large serving of it for these purposes.

anapolack

Banned
Awards
what times would you take it and how would cinnamon fit in the mix?thinking of mixing with crystal lite and green tea

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established

One theory on why vinegar lowers blood sugar is that vinegar affects carbohydrate digestion. That acetic acid, a component of vinegar, interferes with the enzymes that digest carbohydrates. So the simple carbs pass on through without stopping, much like fiber does.
is believed to be due to a proanthocyanidin, an active ingredient that increases sensitivity of receptors to insulin.

WOW direct, to the point and easy to understand. Nice job, thanks

CROWLER

anapolack

Banned
Awards
thanks bro.....now if anyone can tell me how they do this?sip on vinegar/cinnamon all day?like i said i mixed mine with green tea and cinnamon.......oh and im on dnp & igf-lr3 and it actually makes me feel better

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Vinegar would be better to have w/ your high carb meals.

I don't think the timing matters w/ the cinnamon.

hpower

hpower

Awards
Vinegar tabs should work the same and you would avoid the taste. The tabs still have the vinegar smell. I take them for heartburn, which sounds crazy but it works great for me. Before caps I was taking a shot straight. I love vinegar though.
where do you get your vinegar tabs from? And, is that more expensive than buying a bottle of the liquid?

I have not tried this yet, but I would almost assume that it would be worth some premium to not have to drink vinegar.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I fucking hate the taste of vinegar. I'd also pay more for tabs.
Would Wal-mart have these?

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
you guys really can't stand the taste of apple cider vinegar that much? It's not that bad..lol.

You can get the cinnamon in caps which is what i have, cheap enough to where if it doesn't really work, at least it's the only pill i take that actually smells good.

h19

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
I'm no chemist, but I don't think that sodium acetate will have the exact same effects as acetic acid.

ManBeast
Sodium acetate is highly soluble in aqueous solutions, so the only difference is that you need more more of it to get the same effect, mg for mg. However, since sodium acetate isn't a proton donor it will more effectively lower the PH of the stomach, which will makes it more effective molecule for molecule. Either one will work.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established

Just two notes here, first, the active ingredient in cinnamon seems to work primarily on adipocytes, so unless you have chronic hyperglycemia this isn't going to be all that beneficial for you. Second, if you do choose to use cinnamon, it's the water soluble fraction of cinnamon powder that is effective, cinnamon oil (in particular, cinnamaldehyde) has been shown to be a decent irritant and potentially carcinogenic if given over extended periods. It has a rat LD50 of 3.35 g/kg which is pretty big that doesn't take in to account non-immediately evident deleterious effects.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Ex - I thought you were dead. Good to see you back.

hpower

hpower

Awards
where do you get your vinegar tabs from? And, is that more expensive than buying a bottle of the liquid?
Never mind. Wow, how about I search your site. I will have to add that to my next order.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Actually, instead of sodium acetate I have to say magnesium acetate is the way to go. Dietary magnesium deficiency is not uncommon, whereas we get more than enough sodium in our diets generally. Also, it is fairly readily available whereas sodium acetate doesn't seem to be that common.