Best Macros for cutting

• Thread starter nevergoodenough
  • Start date
nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
While Bulking I use the old 40/40/20. I've been researching the best macros for cutting and cant really nail down a solid answer, previously I had always though 50/15/35 was good, but the more I read the more I realize the fat is too high and carbs are too low. And it never really worked that well for me. What do you guys use?

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
I personally use a 40/40/20 for workout days(but still have overall calories reduced) and a 25/45/30 c/p/f on non-workout days. I occasionally have a high carb day, roughly every 2 wks, for sanity purposes more than anything. The best advice really is to experiment with your body for about 3 weeks at a time to see which diet your body reacts most favorably to.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I personally use a 40/40/20 for workout days(but still have overall calories reduced) and a 25/45/30 c/p/f on non-workout days. I occasionally have a high carb day, roughly every 2 wks, for sanity purposes more than anything. The best advice really is to experiment with your body for about 3 weeks at a time to see which diet your body reacts most favorably to.
I agree. You need to find the sweet spot for you. I have do CKD, Low Carb, and High Carb and I relize that for me the 40/40/20 is the best. I just either up the cardio or drop cals bit.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
40/40/20 with a caloric deficit and tons of cardio. Try to get all your fats from the good stuff ie. fish, olive oil, nuts etc. All my carbs are low GI with the exception of an occasional cheat meal :). Protein is from salmon, white fish, tuna, chkn breasts.