Help me learn to cut

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Help me learn to cut

I want to start cutting but I am not sure what changes need to happen in my diet, workout routine and cardio sessions???

Andrew

2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

with your previous posts you could easily take out a cutting plan. Try the 40/40/20 diet. Add in some cardio (I like to keep my heart about 65% or so for 40-45 minutes or so. Eat 500 Cals below maintenance. Eat low GI, and clean.

Adams
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

This is what was recommended to me???

Hey man, here is what I would suggest as a start ou based on you stats. As you know I'm a big believer in having either protein/fat or protein/carb meals. During a cut I"m a also a believe in pretty much everyday cardio and weight sessions being separate. I would start out something like this:

Workout Days

**CARDIO** first thing in the AM on an empty stomach 45 mins at 65-75% Maxium Heart Rate. MHR is determined by subtracting you age from 220 and then multiplying by the percentage.

Meal #1 - Pro/Fat Roughly 45g Pro, 16g Fat .. U can use sat fats in this meal. I used to have egg whites, bacon, and cheese on a low carb tortilla for my first meal for the first 6 weeks of my cut.

Meal #2 - Pro/Fat Same Macros as above. Easiest ot utlize Whey Powder here and then an EFA source (flax oil, olive oil, etc for ur fat)

Meal #3 - Pro/Fat Same Macros as above - Same as meal #1

Meal #4 - Pro/Fat Same Macros as above - Same as Meal #2 (If you start getting too hungry switch out the protein shake for a solid meal here)

**WORKOUT**

Meal #5 - Right after your owrkout Protein 40 grams, Dextrose 80g. Whey Shake + Dex

Meal #6 - Pro 40/ Complex Carbs 80g

NON WORKOUT DAYS:

SAme as above except make Meal #5 - 45g Protein, 30g Carbs

And Meal #6 should be pro/fat 45/16
    •   

4. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

ugh
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  5. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Answers

^I second that
  6. CSK
    Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow man
    This is what was recommended to me
    Disregard everything that person told you and listen to DAdams91982's advice.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Could ya'll please elaborate on why that advice is poor??

Andrew
  8. Registered User
    Answers

I doubt you will be able to stick to that diet for any length of time.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  217 lbs.
    Answers

U should try a cutting trial w/ Bobo, many will approve of this.. Once i can rack up some $$, I will be heading to bobo... Graduate school is draining my wallet at the moment though
  10. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'1"  229 lbs.
    Answers

Marshmallow, someone gave you a cookie cutter diet program that is advocated by an internet diet guru (not Bobo for sure). Which is fine but beware especially if that person tried to take "credit" for that plan. Disclaimer, this is just an educated guess...
  11. Board Supporter
    Answers

READ READ
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Does it hurt you to answer questions??

Why don't we all stop posting and search everything....

Andrew
  13. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow man
    This is what was recommended to me???

Hey man, here is what I would suggest as a start ou based on you stats. As you know I'm a big believer in having either protein/fat or protein/carb meals. During a cut I"m a also a believe in pretty much everyday cardio and weight sessions being separate. I would start out something like this:

Workout Days

**CARDIO** first thing in the AM on an empty stomach 45 mins at 65-75% Maxium Heart Rate. MHR is determined by subtracting you age from 220 and then multiplying by the percentage.

Meal #1 - Pro/Fat Roughly 45g Pro, 16g Fat .. U can use sat fats in this meal. I used to have egg whites, bacon, and cheese on a low carb tortilla for my first meal for the first 6 weeks of my cut.

Meal #2 - Pro/Fat Same Macros as above. Easiest ot utlize Whey Powder here and then an EFA source (flax oil, olive oil, etc for ur fat)

Meal #3 - Pro/Fat Same Macros as above - Same as meal #1

Meal #4 - Pro/Fat Same Macros as above - Same as Meal #2 (If you start getting too hungry switch out the protein shake for a solid meal here)

**WORKOUT**

Meal #5 - Right after your owrkout Protein 40 grams, Dextrose 80g. Whey Shake + Dex

Meal #6 - Pro 40/ Complex Carbs 80g

NON WORKOUT DAYS:

SAme as above except make Meal #5 - 45g Protein, 30g Carbs

And Meal #6 should be pro/fat 45/16
    On workout day, its lists 3 Shakes a day. And what is the point of only eating carbs at the end of the day??? You should be consuming Low GI carbs all day. Honestly there is just no thought put into this... Or to much thought... can't really tell. Either way, stick to what I said earlier, then just lay out your diet with what you want to eat, calculate your maitenance calories, subtract 500 then from that calculate how much Protien/Carbs/Fat you are allowed to take in a day. Go on fitday or something like that, it makes it REALLY easy. Lay out what you would like to eat in a whole day... look at the nutritents... adjust accordingly.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Want to help me with my cutting diet?
    By drchildress in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-14-2010, 01:42 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 01:19 PM
  3. Help me go to sleep
    By Hurleyboy05 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 07:21 AM
  4. Hey ppl, help me with a cut cycle
    By Brian5225 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9