Help me learn to cut

marshmallow man

marshmallow man

Awards
I want to start cutting but I am not sure what changes need to happen in my diet, workout routine and cardio sessions???

Andrew

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
with your previous posts you could easily take out a cutting plan. Try the 40/40/20 diet. Add in some cardio (I like to keep my heart about 65% or so for 40-45 minutes or so. Eat 500 Cals below maintenance. Eat low GI, and clean.

Adams

marshmallow man

marshmallow man

Awards
This is what was recommended to me???

Hey man, here is what I would suggest as a start ou based on you stats. As you know I'm a big believer in having either protein/fat or protein/carb meals. During a cut I"m a also a believe in pretty much everyday cardio and weight sessions being separate. I would start out something like this:

Workout Days

**CARDIO** first thing in the AM on an empty stomach 45 mins at 65-75% Maxium Heart Rate. MHR is determined by subtracting you age from 220 and then multiplying by the percentage.

Meal #1 - Pro/Fat Roughly 45g Pro, 16g Fat .. U can use sat fats in this meal. I used to have egg whites, bacon, and cheese on a low carb tortilla for my first meal for the first 6 weeks of my cut.

Meal #2 - Pro/Fat Same Macros as above. Easiest ot utlize Whey Powder here and then an EFA source (flax oil, olive oil, etc for ur fat)

Meal #3 - Pro/Fat Same Macros as above - Same as meal #1

Meal #4 - Pro/Fat Same Macros as above - Same as Meal #2 (If you start getting too hungry switch out the protein shake for a solid meal here)

**WORKOUT**

Meal #5 - Right after your owrkout Protein 40 grams, Dextrose 80g. Whey Shake + Dex

Meal #6 - Pro 40/ Complex Carbs 80g

NON WORKOUT DAYS:

SAme as above except make Meal #5 - 45g Protein, 30g Carbs

And Meal #6 should be pro/fat 45/16

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ugh

marshmallow man

marshmallow man

Awards
Could ya'll please elaborate on why that advice is poor??

Andrew

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
I doubt you will be able to stick to that diet for any length of time.

MGH1982

Awards
U should try a cutting trial w/ Bobo, many will approve of this.. Once i can rack up some $$, I will be heading to bobo... Graduate school is draining my wallet at the moment though :(

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Marshmallow, someone gave you a cookie cutter diet program that is advocated by an internet diet guru (not Bobo for sure). Which is fine but beware especially if that person tried to take "credit" for that plan. Disclaimer, this is just an educated guess...

marshmallow man

marshmallow man

Awards
Does it hurt you to answer questions??

Why don't we all stop posting and search everything....

Andrew

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is what was recommended to me???

Hey man, here is what I would suggest as a start ou based on you stats. As you know I'm a big believer in having either protein/fat or protein/carb meals. During a cut I"m a also a believe in pretty much everyday cardio and weight sessions being separate. I would start out something like this:

Workout Days

**CARDIO** first thing in the AM on an empty stomach 45 mins at 65-75% Maxium Heart Rate. MHR is determined by subtracting you age from 220 and then multiplying by the percentage.

Meal #1 - Pro/Fat Roughly 45g Pro, 16g Fat .. U can use sat fats in this meal. I used to have egg whites, bacon, and cheese on a low carb tortilla for my first meal for the first 6 weeks of my cut.

Meal #2 - Pro/Fat Same Macros as above. Easiest ot utlize Whey Powder here and then an EFA source (flax oil, olive oil, etc for ur fat)

Meal #3 - Pro/Fat Same Macros as above - Same as meal #1

Meal #4 - Pro/Fat Same Macros as above - Same as Meal #2 (If you start getting too hungry switch out the protein shake for a solid meal here)

**WORKOUT**

Meal #5 - Right after your owrkout Protein 40 grams, Dextrose 80g. Whey Shake + Dex

Meal #6 - Pro 40/ Complex Carbs 80g

NON WORKOUT DAYS:

SAme as above except make Meal #5 - 45g Protein, 30g Carbs

And Meal #6 should be pro/fat 45/16
On workout day, its lists 3 Shakes a day. And what is the point of only eating carbs at the end of the day??? You should be consuming Low GI carbs all day. Honestly there is just no thought put into this... Or to much thought... can't really tell. Either way, stick to what I said earlier, then just lay out your diet with what you want to eat, calculate your maitenance calories, subtract 500 then from that calculate how much Protien/Carbs/Fat you are allowed to take in a day. Go on fitday or something like that, it makes it REALLY easy. Lay out what you would like to eat in a whole day... look at the nutritents... adjust accordingly.

Adams