What would you guys consider a megadose of forskolin?

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
From what I read at the Sabinsa site half a gram a day seems to be the standard dose which aids in fat loss. I've been thinking of running a simple stack of bulk powders, TTA from Custom and forskolin/forslean from BAC. Thing is to get the recommended dose of forskolin from this 10% extract 50 grams gets you 5 grams of actual forskolin and so 10 days of standard dosing for 18 bucks. Now for the normal dose that doesn't seem too bad at all monthly. However if you want to megadose and maybe bump to a gram a day instead of 500mg you're looking at over 60 a month just for this.

Now that's still not outside the realm of reason for me, especially after the silly season ends. However, I was wondering if a higher potency extract exists that anyone knows of. So far as I know the forslean extract is the most potent one.

I'm also trying to stick with bulk powders here so I can keep it to the two ingredients and maybe get some bloodwork done, see how my triglycerides ride up and check liver values as well to test an idea from another thread that the higher workload on the liver would make the use of an antioxidant necessary/worthwhile while on TTA (MP's active for those who don't know yet).

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Good question. I'm a big fan of Forselean for it's anti depressive properties as well as fatloss. I'd really like to see one of our vendors offer it in bulk at a 20% extract. I beleive that's the strength USPLabs uses in cAMPI. I've been curious about running higher doses of this stuff..and wonder if it's safe.

If USP or Custom could cap up a Forselean/Rhodiola combo that'd be sweet.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good question. I'm a big fan of Forselean for it's anti depressive properties as well as fatloss. I'd really like to see one of our vendors offer it in bulk at a 20% extract. I beleive that's the strength USPLabs uses in cAMPI. I've been curious about running higher doses of this stuff..and wonder if it's safe.

If USP or Custom could cap up a Forselean/Rhodiola combo that'd be sweet.
Make the 2 votes.

Adams

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Make that three. I was thinking this was something I could probably find at Custom, but it wasn't there. Not that he's doing a bad job or anything, good additions all around on the site lately. A good standardized extract of >10% is proving impossible to find though.

I may just end up dropping the +60 needed to get to a gram a day, then save some more and get the TTA the month after or so. Was hoping to get it all at once though.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
If USP really loved us, they'd offer up their 20% extract. lol

BAC is the only source I have come across and even there it's not exactly cheap.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BTW Sabinsa is the company with patent and rights to Forslean.

Adams

akp2004

Awards
Thing is to get the recommended dose of forskolin from this 10% extract 50 grams gets you 5 grams of actual forskolin and so 10 days of standard dosing for 18 bucks. Now for the normal dose that doesn't seem too bad at all monthly. However if you want to megadose and maybe bump to a gram a day instead of 500mg you're looking at over 60 a month just for this.

Now that's still not outside the realm of reason for me, especially after the silly season ends. However, I was wondering if a higher potency extract exists that anyone knows of. So far as I know the forslean extract is the most potent one.
Good news man.

I think your math is off.... the recommended dose is between 50-100mg of active forskolin extract.

You are correct you have 5 grams of active from 50 grams of 10% active extract powder.

But you only need 50-100mg of that active per day to get a recommended dose.

I'm pre-coffee, but I think you actually have 50-100 days worth of powder not 10.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Good news man.

I think your math is off.... the recommended dose is between 50-100mg of active forskolin extract.

You are correct you have 5 grams of active from 50 grams of 10% active extract powder.

But you only need 50-100mg of that active per day to get a recommended dose.

I'm pre-coffee, but I think you actually have 50-100 days worth of powder not 10.
That would be good news. I'm going out right now, but I'm going to look into dosing again. If so the next paycheck after Christmas is gonna have a chunk lopped off for this stack.

By the way, anyone who wants some cool gifts, check here: http://www.thinkgeek.com/

I got all my friends at least one of the plush stuffed diseases.

french_muscle

Awards
  • Established
the coleus forskholii in MAN's scorch is standardized to 40% forskolin... at least that's what they say

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
However, I was wondering if a higher potency extract exists that anyone knows of. So far as I know the forslean extract is the most potent one.
There is a 95% extract as far as I know; however, I dont know where to obtain it...Par over at avant was talking about how he ordered a kilo of it awhile back (cost him a couple Gs supposedly) and was willing to sell it to people at cost for megadosing experiment purposes.

DodgelovesCake

Awards
Currently the dosing profile is 50mg 2-3 times daily.

Don't expect miracles though.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
yeah, I'd have to say 5 grams of the 10% extract is at least 5 (more like 10) megadoses. 5 grams of forskholin active is beyond mega & into crazy. JMO