Anyone have a recipe for protein bars not used for bulking?

JohnGafnea

Awards
I see lots with oils and peanut butter etc. which is great for bulking I'm sure, but I'm cutting and was wondering if anyone has any protein, semi-low carb, and semi-low fat bars? Something like 15-30 g protein, 10 g carbs, and 10-15 g fat?

Haha I know this would be pretty hard, but maybe you guys know something I don't about home-made protein bars. :)

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
im interested too, but nothing is coming to mind though...hmmm

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
the thing is, the peanut butter and/or honey is what makes the batch knead together. However, you could always toss out the honey for a sweetner (equal, splenda) and loser the amount of peanut/almod/cashew butter. Just add more water to clump up the batch. The oats, you can decrease or take out as well. I make this version for anytime i need towards the end of the day. Sage

Hal

Awards
Well, if you have a food processor you can just figure out how much peanut butter you want for fat/carb content and blend with a carb/fat free protein powder...slather out the mix, cut it up and chill. It will take more than a little work to scape the mess down by the blade, and you'll need to add water for processing. I tried it and decided it was much, much easier to make a shake. If you really want bars I'd just buy them.