Campbell's Tomato Soup: BEWARE!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
So the girlfriend cooks me a nice old school dinner last night that I havent had in forever: Grilled cheese and tomato soup. I havent had this in ages, so it was a nice little splurge. Anyway, after finishing off the sandwich, I go to taste the soup and it tastes disturbingly sweet. I got up and and checked out the ingredient list on the can...and what's the second ingredient?

FREAKING HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP!!!

I was so irritated I dumped my whole bowl of soup down the drain. The TV is plastered with commercials about all the healthy, great 'possibilites' of campbell's Tomato Soup - a wholesome meal for kids, etc. My ass!! The government and the media go haywire trying to ban every anabolic supplement under the sun, while the Campbell's Soup Company sets up our nation's youth for a lifetime of Type 2 Diabetes. Why the hell do you need to sweeten tomato soup anyway!??!!

Sorry to go off, but this really pisses me off. You can't eat ANYTHING without running into that crap. Why don't they take all that damn corn and process into ethanol so we can have some cheaper fuel?

BV

Last edited:
Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Frustrating i know.. all this knowledge is almost a burden sometimes..

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
what kills me is cereals. those things are loaded with simple sugars; even raisin bran (my fav.) has a high glycemic load. i stick with wheaties if im in a hurry now.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Grape Nuts for me if I dont have time to cook oatmeal or brown rice. Its just so frustrating - there's not even a need to sweeten a lot of the food being sold, and yet they dump HFCS in it anyway.

Maybe when a famous athlete ends up contracting Type2 diabetes from ingesting too much processed sugars, the media will make a huge deal of it and the FDA will emegency schedule HFCS.

:)

BV

SVTMuscle

SVTMuscle

Awards
Come on, you dont love the fact that Mcdonalds has more advertising than any other company? Or that the death rate of tobacco and alcohol a year in US alone is approx half a million people... but me and you getting big muscles is illegal... god i love america

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Come on, you dont love the fact that Mcdonalds has more advertising than any other company? Or that the death rate of tobacco and alcohol a year in US alone is approx half a million people... but me and you getting big muscles is illegal... god i love america
If everyone in washington were avid about physical fitness and being strong and healthy it wouldnt be an issue. But most of them are a bunch of fat, lazy, greedy bastards. Why would they want to ban cigarettes or the over-use of processed sugars in foods? Or start promoting ethanol as an alternative to oil? (most modern cars can run on straight ethanol without any modifications!!) Because it would cause a massive chain reaction where people wouldnt be so dependant on the big industries of oil, tobacco, and pharmaceutical manufacturers. Where would Merck or Pfizer chemical be if everyone in the US took their health seriously?

We still need drugs in this day and age, no doubt. Just an example: think about the billions of dollars in profit made off the sale of over-priced high blood pressure medication. A condition that can usually be treated with diet and exercise. Our government and this economy NEED McDonalds. If nobody got sick and everyone were in shape, the whole economy would collapse:D

BV

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Its becoming the same in the Uk, i picked up some Baxters lentil soup the other day, low cal, just to dump my chicken breasts into for a bit of a change. I bought them in a rush and not until later discovered the sugar... Why!

Best one i have seen yet was raisens in my local supermarket..... covered in a hydrogenated vegatable oil glaze... to make em nice and shiny!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
You can't buy anything packaged nowadays because all of the **** manufacters throw in there to improve taste. Pfft! Taste is overrated anyways.

Coulaid

Awards
tomato paste + little water and a little seasoning could yeild a good soup?

marshmallow man

marshmallow man

Awards
HFCS sucks....

I avoid that crap at all costs. It seems to be in damn near everything though. My son is 19 months old, my wife will buy him "100%" juice that is loaded with this crap. I have to constantly educate her how bad this is for him and pretty much everybody else.

Andrew