Stalling on CKD

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Stalling on CKD

I did my second carb up on Sunday and weighed myself again today and I was actually up a half pound. Now my first take is yah well I am still holding some water from the carbup and it will go down by the weekend but just in case I do stall I was wondering what to expect is it likely to pass and I will resume losing or will I have to add some cardio to continue. I don't want ot drop calories at this early stage.

Its a good thing. Muscle glycogen is just filling up after being depleted for a while. I actually go up about 3 lbs after a big carb-up. Its a good thing. Don't pay attention so much to the weight but more to what you look like in the mirror. Some people put a couple lbs of LBM in the beginning stages of a CKD. Obviously, this is a good thing.
    Last edited by Dwight Schrute; 03-20-2003 at 01:10 PM.

2. Hal
    Answers

It's probably just water. Have a couple cups of coffee. If you're really stuck try a fat fast.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

I'm a proponent of droping cals before adding cardio. How far under maintenance are you right now?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

About 400 or so I'm pretty far out for dropping cals and I'm currently not doing any cardio. (Trying to avoid it as long as I can). I started some ECA so that might make a difference as well.

Hal can you give me some details on this Fat fast.
  5. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

Originally posted by DreamWeaver
    I did my second carb up on Sunday and weighed myself again today and I was actually up a half pound. Now my first take is yah well I am still holding some water from the carbup and it will go down by the weekend but just in case I do stall I was wondering what to expect is it likely to pass and I will resume losing or will I have to add some cardio to continue. I don't want ot drop calories at this early stage.

Damn. I hate when I hit the wrong button. Sorry DW, I edited instead of quoted!

Just read that:

Its a good thing. Muscle glycogen is just filling up after being depleted for a while. I actually go up about 3 lbs after a big carb-up. Its a good thing. Don't pay attention so much to the weight but more to what you look like in the mirror. Some people put a couple lbs of LBM in the beginning stages of a CKD. Obviously, this is a good thing.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  6. Hal
    Answers

Fat fast: eat pretty much nothing but fat; zero carb, as low protein as you can take. Atkin's recommends it for induction. Not many good recipes here, try to get at least 2 grams fat per gram protein, the more fat the better. Hot dogs dipped in mayo, cream cheese and a spoon, that kinda thing. If you're stuck, try a day of it.
  7. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

Originally posted by Hal
    Fat fast: eat pretty much nothing but fat; zero carb, as low protein as you can take. Atkin's recommends it for induction. Not many good recipes here, try to get at least 2 grams fat per gram protein, the more fat the better. Hot dogs dipped in mayo, cream cheese and a spoon, that kinda thing. If you're stuck, try a day of it.
    Keep protein levels up, always. Atkins recommendations are for sedentary people. It should take a day, maybe less, to get back into ketosis. ALA helps getting back into ketosis quicker too.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Ok sounds like a plan, just what I was looking for I'll give it another day or so then I"ll cut remaining carbs right out and add some fat. I'm taking ALA already.

Thanks guys
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Well the ball is rolling again and I have changed to slightly higher fat lower protein (paranoia had me a little high). I'm 55% fat 40% protein and 5 carbs. Dropped my cals a litlle too to keep them at 10 cals per lbs of body weight, I am about 600 cals lower than on that BMR calculator but I am an endo and have a low metabolism.

When I switch back to me regular precontest the cals will go up but that's cool cuz I will be in the middle of a T1 pro cycle with some 1, 4 andro and would have just started some 3-alpa to boot. I will still be a few hundred under the BMR but up from where I am now. My protein intake increases dramatically on the precontest also so I think I'm covered.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. stalled on CKD, advice needed!
    By bboyflash in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-30-2011, 02:32 PM
  2. stalled on max ot thinking of doing west side
    By mixedup in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 11:00 AM
  3. Sesamin on CKD
    By TheMyth in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-19-2006, 10:02 PM
  4. Why do you get so damn hungry on CKD?
    By windwords7 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-18-2003, 08:32 PM
  5. drinking on ckd
    By Rictor33 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-07-2003, 09:08 AM