protein before morning cardio?

1. protein before morning cardio?

doing the 1st thing in the am cardio. wondering if i should do a scoop of whey or aminos with my stims? doing 30 mins @ 65-70% of max. on recumb. bike.

2. It would be a good idea to possibly prevent muscle catabolism that may occur with fasted mroning cardio.

There are a few very good threads here on pre-cardio nutrition and people's opinions on whether doing cardio in the morning has an added benefit on fat loss that you may want to search for.
    •   

3. personally when i do morning cardio i don't eat anything before hand just get up grab a bottle of water and hop on the treadmill

4. I wouldn't either. They'd probably just be converted to glucose anyway. From what I've heard lately, being in a severe catabolic state every morning when you wake up is just a big myth. I would make sure to keep intensity low though, about 60%, maybe 65. JMO

5. Oh yeah, here's some good cardio threads: 1, 2, & 3

6. Early am cardio slow pace - 65%-75% requires no protein before hand there are an ass load of threads here that will debate both - but a simple study from pub med will show that it's not neccesary. I think this question along with which type of cardio (slow of H.I.T) may be two of the biggest talked about/debated subjects here.

7. When I do morning cardio, I just take a Lean Extreme and stims. Like moyer said, all of the protein will probably be converted to glucose.
  8. Wink

thanks guys, all good thoughts. i think the protein would likely just go through glyconeogenesis, but it never hurts to get some anecdotes. honestly, i don't know which i'm more leery of, absolute scientific data or web-blabber. lol. i mean, can they still prove that a bee can't fly? have a great weekend y'all.

9. I'm anti fasted cardio, but I'm an ecto/hardgainer and go catabolic if I don't eat all the time. At least some BCAA's/EAA's first thing and before cardio. I usually eat an hour or 2 pre-cardio just as I do pre-weights. Some of you eddos and mesos have a much easier time in the BB game. I love you all anyway....

10. Quote Originally Posted by julius kelp
    can they still prove that a bee can't fly?
    •   

11. they could years ago...of course it was anything but reality.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Protein Shake Before or After morning Cardio??
    By SacDIESEL in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 10:38 AM
  2. What to do before morning cardio?
    By excalibur in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2004, 10:53 AM
  3. clen before morning cardio
    By mike02885 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2004, 11:18 PM
  4. ALA before morning cardio?