Preventing the body from lowering BMR during cutting

The Doberman

Awards
Can someone point to a study that tells how long it takes the body to lower BMR on a hypocaloric diet?

My interest lies in "tricking" the body with occasional refeedings. I feel like I need a refeed after about 5 days of cutting. Would be interested in seeing some data on how long it takes the body to adapt to the low cal diet. I have seen studies on BMR being lowered after extreme diets of 400 cal a day or so;however I am more interested in data that might pertain to a 1200 cal or so diet.

thanks

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
I can't give you exactly what you're looking for, however if you go to Avant and do a search for 'vinegar' you'll find that it is very useful when cutting. Mimics fed state, increases leptin expression, etc.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
refeeds, EC stack, not cutting for excessive periods of time. Maybe some 7-OH

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
If you read Lyle MacDonald's UD 2.0 you'll find some good info on refeeds. I think it is after 4-5 days that leptin levels plummet if in a severely hypocaloric state (I would consider 1200 extreme). That is why Lyle has a refeed at the 4.5 mark. But you can do just as well by not going so extreme. If you look for my review of Bobo's cutting plan you'll see a comparison of UD2 vs. Bobo. Bobo kicked UD2's ass, but when you get down to low bf% (say <9) UD2 can be a good way to trick the body.

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
Do everything possible to stimulate TSH. Synthetic Guggul ect...