Finally...the cut begins

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
After graduating HS I weighed an embarrassing 150lbs mainly because I was a XC runner but I got siick of being laky so I started lifting. The first year I had no idea what I was doing but in August 03 I started eating right and training correctly and over the past 2 years I have managed to get to 210. Unfortunately, I have also put on about 10 extra lbs of fat, so the quest to trim begins. As you might suspect I have a very fast metabolism and I usually consume around 4000kcals/day so I will start this cut at around 3000-3500kcals/day.

Stats: 5'10" 209 14.8% bf(electrical impedence)

Training: 2 on/1 off
Chest/Tris
Back
off
Legs
Delts/Bis
off
repeat

Diet:
Carbs between 300-450/day depending on activity
Protein 275ish
Fat 60

Supps:
K-RALA
Sesathin
Biotin
CEE
Taurine
Multi
Whey/Casein

My only fear is that I will lose my muscle...I tried a cut previously and lost a good deal of muscle. With that in mind I will be doing this for eight wks...generally just increased activity cuts about 5-7 lbs within 2-3 wks. I will start on 9/25 so I should be done around thanksgiving time and hopefully weigh about 195, 7%bf.
??s/comments.

SVTMuscle

SVTMuscle

Awards
sounds good man, im on that same split as you are. how much cardio you gonna put out a week?

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
sounds good man, im on that same split as you are. how much cardio you gonna put out a week?
I usually do about 30 mins of cardio after upper bidy sessions. Cardio will be either heavy bag work or incline jogging on a treadmill

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
I have a ? that I have been pondering for a while now...should I use an oral or trans to help combat any muscle loss issues. I have 1test, 4ad, md, and mohn, but ahve not used them yet.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
If you have a fast metabolism re-work your calories.

Start around 3800 and then drop from there. 500 - 1000 calories is a pretty big drop.

I wouldn't use anything yet at 21.. hormone production is still up... but hey... it's your body.... of course....

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
If you have a fast metabolism re-work your calories.

Start around 3800 and then drop from there. 500 - 1000 calories is a pretty big drop.

I wouldn't use anything yet at 21.. hormone production is still up... but hey... it's your body.... of course....
Age is the thing that is holding me back, but I read that MOHN is mild and doesnt mess with growth plates so I would lean towards using this(not to mention the strength and mood improvements). The 1000 kcal drop would likely be only once a week to create metabolic confusion. If I do it more than once, it will likely be to break a plateau but I will follow with a refeed

SVTMuscle

SVTMuscle

Awards
I have a ? that I have been pondering for a while now...should I use an oral or trans to help combat any muscle loss issues. I have 1test, 4ad, md, and mohn, but ahve not used them yet.
what's MD and mohn?

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Age is the thing that is holding me back, but I read that MOHN is mild and doesnt mess with growth plates so I would lean towards using this(not to mention the strength and mood improvements). The 1000 kcal drop would likely be only once a week to create metabolic confusion. If I do it more than once, it will likely be to break a plateau but I will follow with a refeed
Then I would listen to the little birdie on your shoulder. I am not going to preach a no steriod/ph use at a young age... but I feel that if my natural test production is still up and I am not to my genetic potential, then I won't be using yet. It's all determined by that person. Especially on a cut durring the winter months.

IMHO.. I don't think the diet/time of diet requires it as a whole.. Once you start they say.... it's doubtful that will be your only cycle..