Please critique. Advice appreciated

1. Board Supporter
    Answers

Please critique. Advice appreciated

Here's what I ate yesterday:

Meal #1: Whole Wheat (WW) bagel, 10 oz skim milk, 2 scoops whey
    Meal #2: 4 slices Canadian bacon, 2 whole eggs, 2 WW English Muffins
    Meal #3: 2.5 oz Barialla Plus spaghetti, 5 oz hamburger (96/4), 1/2 cup sauce
    Meal #4: WW bagel, 2 scoops whey (post WO)
    Meal #5: same as Meal #3
    Meal #6: WW bagel
    Meal #7: 1 cup brown rice, 1/2 can tuna, 1 tbsp olive oil

Total calories roughly equal 3380 with 72 g fat, 390ish g carbs (with amost 50 g of fiber), and 290ish g protein. It breaks down to ~20/46/34 Fat/CHO/Prot. I should probably reduce carbs a bit but I'll see how it goes first. When I stall, it will be the first place I start cutting.

I'm slowly adjusting my calories in order to prevent muscle loss and stalls. Before, I would go straight to 2000-2400 calories and I would always stall after losing 10-15 pounds. However, cutting calories and adding cardio always cost me hard-earned muscle. This time, I'm starting much closer to what I believe is maintenance. Hopefully, when I stall, I can cut calories to jumpstart fat loss but still have enough calories to preserve muscle.

Question: How many times per day should one have bread, bagels, and muffins while cutting? I'm primarily concerned about the high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) in the bagels and bread.

By the way, this isn't what I eat every day. On most days, I'll have a plain baked potatoe w/skin and chicken. I'll also have chicken, shrimp, & broccolli in a stir fry dish with brown rice. However, between the bread, the bagels, and the English muffins, I will be eating some type of "bread" for 3 or 4 of my meals including PWO. The other 3 or 4 will have brown rice, potatoes, or pasta. So back to my first question, in general, how many servings are too many when it comes to cutting?

I'm on a 4 day split with 2 days of med-heavy cardio. I weigh 260 lbs at 24% BF.

Thanks in advance for the input.

2. Registered User
    Answers

im no expert but ill try....

is the pasta whole wheat?

where are the veggies and fruits?
  3. Board Supporter
    Answers

I'm not much of a veggie or fruit person. Veggies are usually broccolli and carrots. Fruit is usually just oranges or the occasional bannana. The pasta is multigrain.

I'm no expert either but I thought I would post and see what others thought. Thanks for the interest.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

IMO you're consuming too many processed carbs for cutting; substitute the bagel for oats and add atleast a cup of veggies to your pasta, but stick to cruciferous veggies.
  5. Board Supporter
    Answers

Thanks for the input Grimlock. I do replace the bagels for oats but it really depends on my mood. I am eating about a cup or two of broccoli per day.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

From a health perspective, your diet is very low in healthy fats like fish oil, nuts, etc. I'd look to add a serving of salmon here and there with a nice salad for dinner.

The combo of a bagel + whey protein powder = insulin spike. There are better meal choices. Keeping blood sugar nice and steady is a good goal to shoot for.

The last two meals are light on protein. Perhaps spread out the protein over the meals a little more evenly.

Like the others, I'd find ways to cook and prepare veggies so you increase them. Learning to love veggies is not only good for your health, but great aid to cutting as you diet over your life.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Test Prop/T3/clen cycle critique and advice appreciated
    By mjswss57 in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-30-2013, 09:30 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-10-2012, 06:59 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 03:54 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-27-2005, 12:23 AM