getting lean

M

matrix

Awards
ive been leaning out for 14 weeks now im down to 12.8% at 180 from 215 at 18.5%. Everytime i get my bodyfat tested my lean body mass goes down when i was at 215 it was at 175 and now its down to 157 i know some of this is water weight but is it normal for it to keep going lower i thought at some point it would level out.

S

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You're possibly in cortisol hell. Try some leanXtreme.

D

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
or just take a break...I imagine that your metabolism is all shot to hell considering that you have lost 18 lbs of muscle.

M

matrix

Awards
ive tried taking a break no gym no diet and then come back i feel alot better in the gym but didnt change me losing muscle. also i lost alot of muscle at first coming off a 1-ad cycle pct was good i ate the same amount of food as i did on cycle for 4 weeks after but still lost some weight and muscle during this time. on my body fat test my body fat actually went up and muscle went down during this time. since then they have both steadily went down ive been keeping track of my diet exactly writing everything down only having one cheat meal a week and sticking to only losing a pound a week i dont know what else to do. how would lean extreme help me?

D

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
If you try to loose too much weight at once your body will turn to muscle to get the rest of its energy. This sounds like what is happening.

First off how many calories are you taking and post your exact diet w/ macros.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I was never as heavy as 215, but I used to always lose all the muscle I gained while bulking. If you have an extra $300 you should hire Bobo. You'll learn how to keep that hard earned mass.

M

matrix

Awards
my callories are at about 2500 my meals consist of
oats egg whites flax oil
whole grain bread chicken
brown rice chicken brocoli
pre work out shake whey and carbs
post work out shake whey and carbs
brown rice steak brocoli
skim milk
cottage cheese

thats a typical day all the meals are about 30g protein and 25 carbs except pre and post work have 50 carbs sometimes i cut out the milk depending how hungry i am after i work out i do cardio in the morning

D

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
I was never as heavy as 215, but I used to always lose all the muscle I gained while bulking. If you have an extra $300 you should hire Bobo. You'll learn how to keep that hard earned mass.
ditto that

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
oats egg whites flax oil
brown rice steak brocoli
skim milk
cottage cheese

thats a typical day all the meals are about 30g protein and 25 carbs except pre and post work have 50 carbs sometimes i cut out the milk depending how hungry i am after i work out i do cardio in the morning
I don't know how you can be losing muscle, your eating lot's of chicken and steak. Your diet looks pretty sound.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
oats egg whites flax oil
brown rice steak brocoli
skim milk
cottage cheese

Your foods look good. I could give you a few tips, but they would basically come from Bobo's plan, which isn't fair to him.

Have you lost a lot of strength. 18lbs of muscle is a ton, so if you lost that much I would expect you to have experienced a tremendous drop in strength. If this did not happen, much of that 18lbs may have been water. There is also the issue of caliper accuracy when tracking bf, which could also throw your calculations out of whack.

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
Another thing I was looking at is if your up 30 pnds from 2 years ago that's not that bad. Also if you put on 50pnds in 10 months chances are your bf was much higher than 14.8%

M

matrix

Awards
i have lost some strength, im still stronger then i was this time last year i was wondering about the accuracy of the test also its not the caliper test its the electronic one i forgot what you call it you use it with a computer and it suposedly reads your body fat by taking a reading on your arm

S

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That is the electronic impedance measure. Its results will vary greatly depending upon a host of factors among which are hydration and electrolyte amount/balance. If it is the only test you have access to, I suggest always doing it in the exact same conditions : right after waking up after a normal night, etc. Also, averageing the results taken a few times is a good way to diminish the error.

Also, what's the mirror telling you?

M

matrix

Awards
the mirror is good i have veins and am getting really lean. I had no veins when i was 18% my waist has gone way down i still have a little roll on my bottom abs and around my back and my legs havent really got defined yet but i definitly am alot better then before.