Step By Step Keto Diet Plan! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

Step By Step Keto Diet Plan!

Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  160 lbs.

Would Clen and Venom Hyperdrive be good or bad on keto diet? if bad why?

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'6"  236 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ke0ki View Post
    I plan to start a CKD diet plan soon, and noticed that there are alot of calculations I had to perform (protein cals, fat cals, carbs on load days, etc). I decided to put it all into an excel spreadsheet and use formulas to compute all the information on the fly by filling in your body weight and body fat %. The rest of the spreadsheet is filled in automatically. This saves a ton of time and you can re-compute everything easily as your weight and bf % change. I also included the training program which is recommended in the article at the bottom of the spreadsheet, which you can remove or replace with your own program.

The formulas I used are directly from the article. For ex: for protein g per day I used 1 x lean mass, for carbs on load day I used 10 x (lean mass / 2.2), etc.

There may be errors in the spreadsheet, if so please let me know. If there are any suggestions as to things I could add to improve it please let me know. It was created in Excel 2003, so I have attached several different version formats for those using older versions.

Hope this is of help to everyone.

Dude. Thank you so much for that excel spreadsheet. That's awesome. Saves me printer ink, pencil led, and valuable time.

Thanks again man...
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  88 lbs.

hi guys, i've recently started the CKD. Not counting calories yet, just getting used to the food that I need to eat. Never been able to count calories but i've lost weight before.

Been on it for 5 days now and I can already see a little less fat on my stomach, moreso then just normal water weight loss.

Since we want protein + fat isn't an ideal meat chicken drumsticks with the skin on?

I'm not eating that atm, mostly chicken breast, bacon and veal so far.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.

I have a few questions about the diet. I started yesterday with very low carbs like under 20. About half of them come from a fiber supplement.

On carb loading days what can I eat. I've read you are supposed to limit fat intake on these days. And then I have also read you can eat whatever you want like pizza, ice cream......So which is it exactly?

I have also read that on workout days I am not supposed to eat any fats after the workout is that true?

Anyone have dizziness when starting the diet? This morning I had a headache, I felt dizzy, and nauseous. It went away after a few hours. I felt sick.

I've done something similar to this diet before with good results. Last time I lost 75 pounds in three months. This time I hope for similar results. Last time was a while ago so I don't really remember the induction so much. I feel like a girlie man when I work out definite lose of strength. I hope it gets better.
  5. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by walugi View Post
    hi guys, i've recently started the CKD. Not counting calories yet, just getting used to the food that I need to eat. Never been able to count calories but i've lost weight before.

Been on it for 5 days now and I can already see a little less fat on my stomach, moreso then just normal water weight loss.

Since we want protein + fat isn't an ideal meat chicken drumsticks with the skin on?

I'm not eating that atm, mostly chicken breast, bacon and veal so far.
    Never been able to count calories before? You mean you're lazy? Half assed efforts equal half assed results
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  88 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Never been able to count calories before? You mean you're lazy? Half assed efforts equal half assed results
    How the hell do you count calories for chicken breasts? In veal? For vegetables?

Sure, I can guess calories give or take 10% but by then i've already lost any kind of calorie deficit/bonus

Pretty sweet post, lots of good information that was highly useful.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

How the hell do you count calories for chicken breasts? In veal? For vegetables?

Sure, I can guess calories give or take 10% but by then i've already lost any kind of calorie deficit/bonus

use nutritiondata.com

or you can use the diet tracker, anything that's similar.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  198 lbs.

Great info guys. Hey a quick note for you all. You can make no carb tortilla shells from provolone cheese..Put the chesse in the microvave till it turns brown,actually burns..Fold it while it is warm and you have a taco shell. I have also made "chips" with them, just add your favorite seasoning and put them in a bag to snack on
  9. Senior Member

scroll up to the top of the page, click on diet tracker, the rest you should be able to figure out
  10. Banned

anyone got a list of ideal foods to eat on this diet?

im supposed to be getting 93g of fat per meal as im only having 4 meals a day but finding it hard, so a list of foods would really help.

many thanks
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.

I am a little confused on how to determine protein/fat/carb calories each day... any help on that?

---Hmm, i found the diet tracker in here... answered my own question
  12. Professional Member

Alright keep making excuses and see where it gets you.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  88 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Julio R View Post
    use nutritiondata.com

or you can use the diet tracker, anything that's similar.
    ****, nutrition data is awesome Some of it is way complicated though. How do I decipher something like this?

Chicken, broilers or fryers, breast, meat only, raw

If it's chicken breast why are there so many types with "raw"?

Also, Rugger, you could've provided a link or something useful. I guess that must be hard when you're on the rag
  14. Senior Member

Stats
    5'11"  246.4 lbs.

From the old CKD website -

All Fish:
    Tuna, Samon, Sole, Trout, Flounder, Sardines, Herring, Anchovies

All Meat:
    Beef, Pork, Lamb, Veal, Venison, Ham*, Bacon*

All Fowl:
    Chicken, Turkey, Duck, Goose, Cornish Hen, Quail, Pheasant

All Shellfish:
    Oysters, Crabmeat, Shrimp, Lobster, Clams, Squid, Mussels

All Eggs:
    Scrambled, Fried, Poached, Deviled, Hard-boiled, Soft-boiled, Omelets

*Processed meats, such as ham, bacon, pepperoni, salami, hot dogs and other luncheon meats may have added sugar and will contribute carbs. Try to avoid meat and fish products cured with nitrates.

Snacks-On-The-Go:
    String Cheese, Beef Jerky, Turkey Jerky, Olives, Low Carb Bars

Information about Low Carb Bars:
    Low Carbohydrate bars often have a label for net carbs. Net carbs are the total amount of carbohydrates in grams, minus the total amount of carbohydrates that do not impact your blood sugar. For example, a Low Carb bar may have 14 grams of Total Carbohydrate and 12 of those 14 grams are non-impact carbs. Meaning that only 2 carbs (14g-12g) should be counted towards your daily carb totals. Only 2 carbs have an effect on your blood sugar and need to be counted.

Information about Fiber:
    Fiber is considered a carbohydrate on nutriton labels but does not have any effect on blood sugar levels. For example, if a product has a Total Carbohydrate of 4 grams and 1 gram of fiber, only 3 (4-1) grams of carbohydrates count towards your daily totals, as these 3 carbs have an effect on your blood sugar.

Cheeses:
    Cheddar, Cream Cheese, Swiss, Mozzarella, Gouda, Goat, Roquefort, Other Blue Cheeses

Low-Carb Vegetables:
    Peppers, Mushrooms, Celery, Cucumber, Lettuce, Romaine Lettuce, Radishes, Bok Choy, Parsley

Low-Moderate Carb Vegetables:
    Artichoke, Asparagus, Snow Peas, Spinach, Broccoli, Spaghetti Squash, Eggplant, Brussel Sprouts, Tomato, Cabbage, Turnips, Onion, Zucchini, Cauliflower

Salad Garnishes:
    Grated Cheese, Sour Cream, Hard-Boiled Egg, Mushrooms, Bacon, Oil, Vinegar, Full-Fat Salad Dressing

Herbs & Spices:
    All Spices, Garlic, Basil, Pepper, Dill, Thyme, Oregano, Ginger, Rosemary, Sage

Fats & Oils:
    Olive Oil, Vegetable Oil, Canola Oil, Walnut Oil, Soybean Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Sesame Oil, Sunflower Oil, Safflower Oil, Butter

Artificial Sweetners:
    Sucralose (Splenda), Saccharin (Sweet N' Low)

Beverages:
    Filtered, Mineral, Spring, Tap Water, Club Soda, Heavy Cream, Decaf Coffee, Decaf Tea, Herb Tea, Lemon Juice

Quote Originally Posted by 0-hero View Post
    anyone got a list of ideal foods to eat on this diet?

im supposed to be getting 93g of fat per meal as im only having 4 meals a day but finding it hard, so a list of foods would really help.

many thanks
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

****, nutrition data is awesome Some of it is way complicated though. How do I decipher something like this?

If it's chicken breast why are there so many types with "raw"?

Also, Rugger, you could've provided a link or something useful. I guess that must be hard when you're on the rag
    i don't know, its probably to be really specific for other people who look for stuff like that.
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

If it's chicken breast why are there so many types with "raw"
    ?

Nutritiondata.com is really specific with a lot of it's information. The reason they have so many raw is because they have different nutritional value depending on what part of the animal your eating. For chicken breasts they have raw meat only and raw meat with skin.

100 grams of raw chicken breast with skin has 8 more grams of fat than 100 grams of raw chicken breast without skin.
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

I officially LOVE CKD

On another note, I have been doing my refeeds every week and been alright with energy and crap, but if I was to not do my refeed this week, but do it next instead, would I end up suffering from it?

I'm close to where I would like to be, and I'd like to have that extra week to be deeper in keto. I am doing fine in basketball practice and also workouts still, so I'm not totally out of energy(Poseidon and Leviathan Reloaded help a lot ^_^ )

If needed, I could just up my protein intake during that week.
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

If you do the refeeds once every two weeks it won't hurt you so much. You'll have more time in ketosis, more time peeling fat off. What I would do though is just throw in a higher calorie day, hit a little above maintenance calorie levels.
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Alright thanks.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  88 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasRivera View Post
    Nutritiondata.com is really specific with a lot of it's information. The reason they have so many raw is because they have different nutritional value depending on what part of the animal your eating. For chicken breasts they have raw meat only and raw meat with skin.

100 grams of raw chicken breast with skin has 8 more grams of fat than 100 grams of raw chicken breast without skin.
    but if the meat is raw, then wouldn't the nutritional value be the same whether you broil it, grill it, fry it etc? As long as you don't add more stuff to it.
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

The difference that occurs during cooking is basically a change of the weight of the food, a change of the fat content of the food. While you cook a food water is cooked out and fat can be rendered out of the food.
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  88 lbs.

Oh god, that's so confusing

I usually just take the raw value and go off that, despite cooking with a george foreman.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  88 lbs.

And what do you guys do if there's something that isn't on diettracker/nutritiondata?

It's quite a fatty piece of chicken that is the thigh and leg

I read the wikipedia thing and I think it's an australian/british thing. It's really really fatty. The fat drips off it like water sometimes.

I'm not sure if that's good to eat though. It's really cheap and tastes great, but my mum reckons that it'll give me high cholesterol :P
  25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

Oh god, that's so confusing

I usually just take the raw value and go off that, despite cooking with a george foreman.

You can pretty much go off of the raw value. Just eyeball the amount of fat left in the pan, if you don't mind using left over fat to fry other things in it, it becomes a good tool :-D

I've drank the fat straight out of the pan on occasion.
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

And what do you guys do if there's something that isn't on diettracker/nutritiondata?

It's quite a fatty piece of chicken that is the thigh and leg

I read the wikipedia thing and I think it's an australian/british thing. It's really really fatty. The fat drips off it like water sometimes.

I'm not sure if that's good to eat though. It's really cheap and tastes great, but my mum reckons that it'll give me high cholesterol :P
    The CKD style diets usually lower cholesterol, I do try to get things that improve the HDL levels up during my carb loads. But generally alot of places point to ketogenic diets lowering cholestorol despite the fat.
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Well, since I'm still not 100% sure of how the CKD works, is it still going to be helpful to take a pre-WO supp? I know with no carbs the water you drink kinda flows right through ya, so I was guessing it would be the same with a pre-WO sup, but I wanna find out before I use my Ragnarok anymore. I would also be taking it with Poseidon and I'd have a Leviathan Reloaded an hour or so beforehand.(Dunno if the caffeine would matter)
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm back on the keto train. I need a step by step plan on stopping these dreams of carbs I keep having...they are haunting and taunting me in my sleep
  29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Carbs are of the devil, stay strong brutha! ^_^

I've found I frikkin love sugar-free jello when I crave carbs...I eat that crap like there is no tomorrow.
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

oh yaa..sugar free jello and heavy whipped cream gets abused often
  31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

I haven't had any heavy whipped cream yet, I might go grab me some of that. Maybe mix it with my mocha ON Whey, yummay

EDIT: How long you been on CKD since you restarted gutter?
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Yeah it tastes amazing in shakes. I usually mix heavy cream, e.v. coconut oil, and olive oil into my shakes w/ some almond butter..good stuff.
  33. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

I was doing Olive Oil, but it tasted too much like crap, and it would never mix well, it would always be at the top so every sip I took tasted like crap <_<
  34. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

it's ok when mixed with other oils I find, but on it's own - yeah it's pretty damn nasty
  35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Guess I gotta try that. How much jello is too much? I know people say the cream and the jello is fine, but how much does it take to actually hurt the CKD? I could eat 10 of those little jello packages, lol.
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

It's not the jello I don't think, but I can keep eating that heavy cream till there's no more lol...so tastey. I have to remind myself that I'm cutting..too much fat at night is not a good thing
  37. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Arg, how much can I have that is cured in sugar? I have bacon/ham/other crap that says it was cured and one of the things was in sugar, so should I not eat them? They all have 0 or 1 sugar carb, so other than that they are fine with fat and protein. So gay if I wasted 20 bucks, lol.
  38. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

As long as you stay within your carb range you should be fine.
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.

good info guys, just wondering tho. all that fat can't be good for you can it? can a keto diet like this be used constantly when you want to lean up, or should it be cycled w/ other diets?
  40. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

It can be done year around, because of the refeeds
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Step-By-Step Instructions for Injecting?
    By P4D2A022 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 10:10 AM
  2. Any sites with pics for step by step
    By asap nutrition in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 12:50 AM
  3. Keto diet plan check
    By Matthew D in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-19-2003, 04:46 PM
  4. Your Thoughts And Opinions on Keto Dieting??
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-02-2002, 12:12 AM
  5. Carb sensistive after keto diet?
    By lbm4life in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2002, 03:56 PM