Step By Step Keto Diet Plan!

Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last

1. I'm still reading more and more into this diet plan. I noticed the last post was back in 2003.
    What I would like to know is that with the lack of carbs in a person diet on a keto diet, would this make your thyroid shut down? I read animals article "Animalbolics" it stated that it would.

2. the thyroid will mostly downregulate if calories get too low. You will need to incorportate some high calorie/high carb refeeds periodically. You can't stay low carb everyday. Your hormones will get jacked up and your muscles will always be flat. Also a high carb day or two can manipulate leptin levels and reduce cravings for the following week.
    •   

3. Six weeks, 25 lbs of total body weight and more like 32 lbs of fat...energy is up, strength is up...only thing down is bodyfat, and EVERYONE keeps commenting on that.

4. 2 months so far on this diet and I initially lost 10 lbs, but have gained back 5. BF has gone down every week, and even got some muscle gain. I am leaning out considerably on this diet. Best diet IMO for loosing fat and gaining muscle at the same time.........yes it can be done.

5. Would a CKD be beneficial for a female who does low intensity cardio 4x a week? or would they better off doing an 'atkins' type, low carb diet?
    thanks
    cc
    •   

6. Does she lift or only cardio?

7. nah, don't think she lifts. If she does, it's maybe 15 - 20 minutes of curls, side laterals, etc.

8. It is still good for her, although she will need to carb-up less in terms of quantity, since a typical CKD is built around the idea that one burns up almost all glycogen during the week. Not lifting, she would probably do best to carb-load only 12 hours a week, but this is still WAY better for her than an Atkins-type, which is keto all the way, and which, as someone else pointed out, tends to kill leptin levels...

9. I have a quick ? Do you have to follow the workout plan or can you do your own thing and still get good results.

10. i think the workout plan sucks - but that is just my opinion.

11. Which workout plan? goldylight is right.

That's a nice nick... I'mma go see the pics section - you never know

12. This diet is where it's at. I followed one very similar to it about 4 years ago and that was easily the best shape I have ever been in. I did it for 3 months while doing a periodization workout from a book called "Big Beyond Belief" by Tom Platz and Leo Costa Jr. You really have to be in the right mindset to not cheat on your carbs during the week. But when you load up on the weekend, damn, you feel so pumped, like someone pupmed helium into your muscles.

If anyone has seen this book, I highly suggest you give the workouts a try, especially if you're plateauing (sp?) right now. My bench alone jumped 50 pounds in 4 weeks. I'm a natty fyi.

The low carbs did not affect my training sessions, energy wise. But if I tried high intensity cardio, such as mountain biking, I was good for short bursts of speed but not much else.

13. Can a guy do a T3 cycle doing a CKD diet?

14. What would you guys advise go for t3 or CKD?

15. I plan to start a CKD diet plan soon, and noticed that there are alot of calculations I had to perform (protein cals, fat cals, carbs on load days, etc). I decided to put it all into an excel spreadsheet and use formulas to compute all the information on the fly by filling in your body weight and body fat %. The rest of the spreadsheet is filled in automatically. This saves a ton of time and you can re-compute everything easily as your weight and bf % change. I also included the training program which is recommended in the article at the bottom of the spreadsheet, which you can remove or replace with your own program.

The formulas I used are directly from the article. For ex: for protein g per day I used 1 x lean mass, for carbs on load day I used 10 x (lean mass / 2.2), etc.

There may be errors in the spreadsheet, if so please let me know. If there are any suggestions as to things I could add to improve it please let me know. It was created in Excel 2003, so I have attached several different version formats for those using older versions.

Hope this is of help to everyone.
    Attached Files Attached Files

16. Quote Originally Posted by ke0ki
    I plan to start a CKD diet plan soon, and noticed that there are alot of calculations I had to perform (protein cals, fat cals, carbs on load days, etc). I decided to put it all into an excel spreadsheet and use formulas to compute all the information on the fly by filling in your body weight and body fat %. The rest of the spreadsheet is filled in automatically. This saves a ton of time and you can re-compute everything easily as your weight and bf % change. I also included the training program which is recommended in the article at the bottom of the spreadsheet, which you can remove or replace with your own program.

The formulas I used are directly from the article. For ex: for protein g per day I used 1 x lean mass, for carbs on load day I used 10 x (lean mass / 2.2), etc.

There may be errors in the spreadsheet, if so please let me know. If there are any suggestions as to things I could add to improve it please let me know. It was created in Excel 2003, so I have attached several different version formats for those using older versions.

very cool, thanks for sharing that. I am starting a CKD soon and this should help alot.

17. very cool man, thanks. What do you have on Sunday? Are you on a 6 day cycle?

18. Quote Originally Posted by ke0ki
    I plan to start a CKD diet plan soon, and noticed that there are alot of calculations I had to perform (protein cals, fat cals, carbs on load days, etc). I decided to put it all into an excel spreadsheet and use formulas to compute all the information on the fly by filling in your body weight and body fat %. The rest of the spreadsheet is filled in automatically. This saves a ton of time and you can re-compute everything easily as your weight and bf % change. I also included the training program which is recommended in the article at the bottom of the spreadsheet, which you can remove or replace with your own program.

Very cool man, thanks. What do you have on Sunday? Are you on a 6 day cycle?

19. i have a question regarding bacon cured with sodium nitrate can this prevent me to get in to ketosis?

20. Would Clen and Venom Hyperdrive be good or bad on keto diet? if bad why?

21. Quote Originally Posted by ke0ki View Post

Dude. Thank you so much for that excel spreadsheet. That's awesome. Saves me printer ink, pencil led, and valuable time.

Thanks again man...

22. hi guys, i've recently started the CKD. Not counting calories yet, just getting used to the food that I need to eat. Never been able to count calories but i've lost weight before.

Been on it for 5 days now and I can already see a little less fat on my stomach, moreso then just normal water weight loss.

Since we want protein + fat isn't an ideal meat chicken drumsticks with the skin on?

I'm not eating that atm, mostly chicken breast, bacon and veal so far.

23. I have a few questions about the diet. I started yesterday with very low carbs like under 20. About half of them come from a fiber supplement.

On carb loading days what can I eat. I've read you are supposed to limit fat intake on these days. And then I have also read you can eat whatever you want like pizza, ice cream......So which is it exactly?

I have also read that on workout days I am not supposed to eat any fats after the workout is that true?

Anyone have dizziness when starting the diet? This morning I had a headache, I felt dizzy, and nauseous. It went away after a few hours. I felt sick.

I've done something similar to this diet before with good results. Last time I lost 75 pounds in three months. This time I hope for similar results. Last time was a while ago so I don't really remember the induction so much. I feel like a girlie man when I work out definite lose of strength. I hope it gets better.

24. Quote Originally Posted by walugi View Post
    hi guys, i've recently started the CKD. Not counting calories yet, just getting used to the food that I need to eat. Never been able to count calories but i've lost weight before.

Been on it for 5 days now and I can already see a little less fat on my stomach, moreso then just normal water weight loss.

Since we want protein + fat isn't an ideal meat chicken drumsticks with the skin on?

I'm not eating that atm, mostly chicken breast, bacon and veal so far.
    Never been able to count calories before? You mean you're lazy? Half assed efforts equal half assed results

25. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Never been able to count calories before? You mean you're lazy? Half assed efforts equal half assed results
    How the hell do you count calories for chicken breasts? In veal? For vegetables?

Sure, I can guess calories give or take 10% but by then i've already lost any kind of calorie deficit/bonus

Pretty sweet post, lots of good information that was highly useful.

26. Quote Originally Posted by walugi View Post
    How the hell do you count calories for chicken breasts? In veal? For vegetables?

Sure, I can guess calories give or take 10% but by then i've already lost any kind of calorie deficit/bonus

use nutritiondata.com

or you can use the diet tracker, anything that's similar.

27. Great info guys. Hey a quick note for you all. You can make no carb tortilla shells from provolone cheese..Put the chesse in the microvave till it turns brown,actually burns..Fold it while it is warm and you have a taco shell. I have also made "chips" with them, just add your favorite seasoning and put them in a bag to snack on

28. Quote Originally Posted by walugi View Post

scroll up to the top of the page, click on diet tracker, the rest you should be able to figure out

29. anyone got a list of ideal foods to eat on this diet?

im supposed to be getting 93g of fat per meal as im only having 4 meals a day but finding it hard, so a list of foods would really help.

many thanks
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Step-By-Step Instructions for Injecting?
    By P4D2A022 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 12:10 PM
  2. Any sites with pics for step by step
    By asap nutrition in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 02:50 AM
  3. Keto diet plan check
    By Matthew D in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-19-2003, 06:46 PM
  4. Your Thoughts And Opinions on Keto Dieting??
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-02-2002, 02:12 AM
  5. Carb sensistive after keto diet?
    By lbm4life in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2002, 05:56 PM