Could someone post a site or formula to figure out my Maintanence cals please?

Squats

Awards
I've seen the formula before but can't remember what it is but i wanna cut but i wanna do it SLOWLY cuz i don't wanna lose ANY muscle or strength...

How low below maintancance can i go to ensure that i won't lose any muslce or strength, THANX GUYS

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
LBM add a zero times 2.

170 (LBM) = 1700 x 2 = 3400

Seems to work for me. I have no idea how I made that up but it seems reall consitant with the flex article mentioned above.

The reason I do LBM no BW is your muscle is what drive the metabolism.

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
This is assuming that you train, and are somewhat active not the average AMerican slob.

jverch

Board Supporter
Awards
how good do you think that is? It lists me out at over 4000 calories/day!
I guess it depends which one you're talking about. The ISSA method works good for me - it gave me a good starting point for my bulks and cuts so I could fine tune it myself. The *17 method seems to have assumptions built in and isn't as accurate, but puts me in the same ballpark.

joe weider

Board Supporter
Awards
sorry, I assumed by copying the ISSA one you guys would know. Yeah, I'm talking about the one from bodybuilding.com.
I've been eating less than 2000, and a guy told me I should try about 2300, if I should be around 4000 it's no wonder I feel like ****.
I could diet at 3500...
Thanks!

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Again, there is no "exact" figure, both because individuals vary widely, and because the body is very efficient at changing its activity level in response to minor variations in caloric intake.
This is the most important thing to remember. BMR's vary widely....you need to figure it out for yourself by trial and error.