How I eat, and BK ain't part of it!

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I've simplified my day to day eating for my schedule.. Normally, I'd eat more meals while cutting to keep my metabolism up (the infamous "No Cardio Diet").. Since I don't plan to compete for a long time (never), I've decided to stay somewhat lean, and build from there.. So far, this is what I eat on a regular day, times are approximate..

6:30am- 1 serving Muscle Milk in 12oz rice milk

7:00am- 64oz water, 10g BCAA powder in the first 16oz..

7:45am- 1 1/2 cup oats, 12oz green tea (brewed), Met-Rx Big 100 bar

8:30am- 52g whey in 12oz rice milk, 12g flax/bran/oat fiber supplement

9:25am- turkey sandwich w/o bread, 32oz water, 8oz rice milk

10:45am- 1 can tuna, 1 Organic Fiber Bar by Renew Life

11:30- 52g whey in 12oz rice milk w/ 12g fiber

1:00pm- 2 slices cheese pizza, 10oz fountain soda (yes, you can hate me!)
2:45pm- 12oz green tea, Met-Rx Big 100 bar

4:00pm- 32oz water, pre-workout supplements (CEE, NO-booster)

6:00pm- CEE/Creatine mono blend with 75g dextrose (pwo)

6:30pm- 52g whey in 12oz rice milk

8:00pm- 10oz ground beef mixed in 1/2 cup basmati rice

9:00pm- Met-Rx Big 100 bar, 32oz water

Before Bed: 1 serving Muscle Milk..

Odd how this has got me to my current avatar status, eh? Hopefully my recent bloodwork tells a good story.. :burger:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
damn, that's a lot of eating. what are the daily totals?

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That was what I ate today, possible as to why i'm holding water.. :D

I gotta figure that out, I really should factor in the cals.. :nutkick:

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
WOW- amazing that you can get away with that.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I didn't list the fact that I'm using Tight, CEE, CE Transport (pwo), and afew nutrient partitioner supps, along with my diabetes meds..

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
That was what I ate today, possible as to why i'm holding water.. :D

I gotta figure that out, I really should factor in the cals.. :nutkick:
this guy. 5% BF and jacked, has no idea what his totals are. :wtf:

yeah, i'm jealous. :rasp:

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Mainly when I eat, I worry more about how much protein I get in and how much less my carb intake is.. I do take fish oil (10g= 10 softgels), flax oil (same as fish), and the fiber product.. I get in alot of good omega fats, sometimes I'll take a straight 2 tablespoons of olive oil, just 'cause.. ;)

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
well, whatever you're doing, it's working.

don't fix what ain't broke. :)

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
They call it genetics...some got it....some don't. But I still feel that anyone who is even half BB'ing should know what their cals are....especially a mod

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I drink about a half a gallon of green tea every day now. I love it. Rice milk huh. I remember drinking that stuff in Korea. Not bad really. Do you drink regular milk too or just the rice milk? What's the nutrient breakdown on that?

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Some info on rice milk:

8oz serving contains:
110 calories
2g fat/0 sat.
22g carbs/ 17g sugar
2g protein

I haven't used regular milk in over a year, my intestines thank me for it.. :woohoo:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
would you mind posting your training regimen up as well? cardio and all?

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Not at all.. I don't do cardio, so this will be short.. :D

4 days per week, 45min-1hr10mins per session..

Monday: Chest/Delts
Tuesday: Back/Calves
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Quads/Calves
Friday: Biceps/Triceps

I do two warm-up sets, then 4 work sets per bodypart. I use 4 exercises, 4 worksets per movement. My routine changes every week, I did back Monday with triceps, yesterday I did chest/calves.. I probably only rest 30 seconds between sets and the next exercise, so I'm constantly moving.. :run:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Not at all.. I don't do cardio, so this will be short.. :D

4 days per week, 45min-1hr10mins per session..

Monday: Chest/Delts
Tuesday: Back/Calves
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Quads/Calves
Friday: Biceps/Triceps

I do two warm-up sets, then 4 work sets per bodypart. I use 4 exercises, 4 worksets per movement. My routine changes every week, I did back Monday with triceps, yesterday I did chest/calves.. I probably only rest 30 seconds between sets and the next exercise, so I'm constantly moving.. :run:
no cardio...... :FUfinger:

pretty solid looking program. reps vary?

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah, rep range is 10-20 for warm-ups, 8-12 worksets..

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks, brother.. I'm more towards staying relatively lean (diabetic) instead of doing those crazy suicide bulk-ups where I eat anything and everything.. I did alittle math on what I ate yesterday, and I think I'll cut it down abit..

Here's the other supps I'm using everyday:
Green tea extract- 2g split in 3 doses
Betalin by BSN- 4 caps 3x daily
Essential Enzymes by Source naturals- 2 caps 3x daily
ALA- 1200mg with 600mg pwo
Metformin(extended release)- got a script for it, 2 tabs daily 500mg each
R-ALA- 600mg daily
Tight- 1 capsule daily w/25mg ephedrine hcl
Flax- 10 softgels
Fish- 10 softgels

So basically I'm popping afew pills with my food..

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
Pete, have you been diabetic your whole life? Or is this something that has happened thru slin usage? Sorry, I just don't remember you posting that you were diabetic before....

15 meals a day? Jesus!!!!

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What diabetic meds are you taking? Are you using a blood glucose monitor and if so how are you levels with that diet? Those dextrose shakes can be nasty meals for a diabetic...

Ginseng

Awards
Hey pete,

How long have you been using digestive enzymes and what kind of results have you notice from using them?

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Pete, You're looking jacked bro and obviously what you're doing is working pretty f-ing good, but no cardio?? :wtf: No disrespect man but how's your BP and lipid profile? Again, just speaking as a fellow iron brother who cares a little more than just about how you look. ;)

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Cardio is overated. ;)

BP, you lookk really good. I'm also starting to sway towards staying at a certain weight and maintaning for the long run...the hell with being 275lbs and not being able to climb stairs. Too many young guys are fvcking themselves up from being too heavy, even if it's muscle. I just got my BP and all bloodwork checked today in a long time and it was 140/84...not too great considering I'm pretty lean now. Our bodies just aren't made to carry 250+ lbs. of muscle...making me rethink my long term goals for sure...good luck w/ not competing...lol.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Cardio is overated. ;)

BP, you lookk really good. I'm also starting to sway towards staying at a certain weight and maintaning for the long run...the hell with being 275lbs and not being able to climb stairs. Too many young guys are fvcking themselves up from being too heavy, even if it's muscle. I just got my BP and all bloodwork checked today in a long time and it was 140/84...not too great considering I'm pretty lean now. Our bodies just aren't made to carry 250+ lbs. of muscle...making me rethink my long term goals for sure...good luck w/ not competing...lol.
Damn you are only 24 and weigh 275 NICE JOB

How tall are you and what BF%

And yes I am jealous. :twisted:

CROWLER

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Damn you are only 24 and weigh 275 NICE JOB

How tall are you and what BF%

And yes I am jealous. :twisted:

CROWLER
Thanks for the compliments...I was 275 at the end of my last cycle. I've ran probably 25+ cycles in the last 3 or so years....lol. I was able to add on pretty quick since I ate 5000+ clean cals like it was a job for so long...AAS pretty much metamorphisized me. Lifting consistently going on 5 years now.

I'm 5'10" and currently on a 2.5+ month cut, I'm now back down to 250-255 I'd guess at 12-13% or so.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the compliments...I was 275 at the end of my last cycle. I've ran probably 25+ cycles in the last 3 or so years....lol. I was able to add on pretty quick since I ate 5000+ clean cals like it was a job for so long...AAS pretty much metamorphisized me. Lifting consistently going on 5 years now.

I'm 5'10" and currently on a 2.5+ month cut, I'm now back down to 250-255 I'd guess at 12-13% or so.
Thanks for the info it helps.

I thought your post was saying that you were currently 275 and trim. SO I thought DAMN this guy is 275 and probably about 11 - 12% BF

But I reread your post and talked about your BP and that you were trim but it was NOT saying that you are currently 275.

I actually feel better about myself now, yes I know I am shallow :icon_lol:

CROWLER

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
BTW you are still bigger than me so I am was NOT slamming you bro.

I was HATING on you but NOT slamming you lol

CROWLER

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Boss K/ Nitrox= I was diagnosed last year after an infection bitch-slapped my pancreas.. Type 2 runs in my family, moms had to get on a regimented eating plan, guess who put it together for her? ;) I take 1g metformin daily to help with insulin sensitivity, i only use Humalog by dr. script when my glucose reads over 220..

Lean 1= My bp is normal, can't remember the number but it was good to go.. Liver values are no more elevated than most athletes usually are..

Ginseng= I've used digestive enzymes mainly while bulking, at the time I ate alot of Burger king, so I needed help.. :D

CSK

Board Supporter
Awards
That's weird; I thought type 1 diabetes was usually hereditary and type 2 diabetes was usually caused by obesity...

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That's weird; I thought type 1 diabetes was usually hereditary and type 2 diabetes was usually caused by obesity...
Genetics are a factor in both. For type 2 obesity is but one of the factors - Im just shy of 5'10" and the heaviest I've ever been was 165 lbs yet I'm type 2. Either can hit anyone.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Is it true the number one cause of blindness is diabetics either NOT taking their insulin properly or not eating properly and is totally avoidable?

CROWLER

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Is it true the number one cause of blindness is diabetics either NOT taking their insulin properly or not eating properly and is totally avoidable?

CROWLER
Yes. And there is usually a correlation between blindness in diabetics and obesity (avoidable). I don't know if you saw SuperSize Me, but a diabetic truck driver had to pull over b/c he was literally losing his sight.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That is true, I get my eyes checked after my blood work every couple months.. I may need glasses, which would mean I'd look like a nerdy Vin Diesel.. :trout:

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
That is true, I get my eyes checked after my blood work every couple months.. I may need glasses, which would mean I'd look like a nerdy Vin Diesel.. :trout:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh except 2 things. One you are more cut than Vin and bigger than he is but besides that ok.

CROWLER

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Crowler, no worries bro. :)

Hey BP, what kind of digestive enzymes do you take? I have a bottle of acidipholus (sp?) that was given to me, is this any good?...never tried it before.

DT, insulin-dependant diabetics aren't allowed to be driving CMV's (commercial motor vehicles). So I dunno about that one, story could've been fabricated for all we know in order to give further propaganda towards the film's points it was trying to get across. I don't think it happens that fast anyways. But you're right, for the most part, if you take care of yourself, the problems that diabetes can cause can be lessened to a great extent.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
DT, insulin-dependant diabetics aren't allowed to be driving CMV's (commercial motor vehicles). So I dunno about that one, story could've been fabricated for all we know in order to give further propaganda towards the film's points it was trying to get across.
Very possible. :lol:

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That is alot of food BPF, impressive to stay that lean while eating that much.

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
heheheheh you already do....just ask olivia ..:)

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dayum Big Pete you enhance your appetite at all with some good ol Sticky Icky you'd bring the house down.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Dayum Big Pete you enhance your appetite at all with some good ol Sticky Icky you'd bring the house down.
Hell, I save the green so I can stay lean.. I puff that, I'll be swole like a Syntrax product.. ;)

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
you lied! I have been eating BK... i thought... well nevermind :)
thanks for the run down, gotta love that Muscle Milk

t_dot_porkchop

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
you must have some killer genetics. like 75% of your protein comes from whey and MRPs. you dont count macros and no cardio. WTF!!!!

either way, good job! what does your "on-cycle" bulking diet look like?

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Keep in mind, that was an example of what I ate the day I typed it.. Just like my training, my eating habits rotate daily.. I'll have less shakes one day, more the next.. Yesterday I ate nothing but steak, sweet potato, chicken breasts, tuna and brown rice.. Had only 2 shakes and 2 Big 100 bars..

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
Keep in mind, that was an example of what I ate the day I typed it.. Just like my training, my eating habits rotate daily.. I'll have less shakes one day, more the next.. Yesterday I ate nothing but steak, sweet potato, chicken breasts, tuna and brown rice.. Had only 2 shakes and 2 Big 100 bars..
if i ate that in any one day i would explode...LOL

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
dude, that is way to many protien shakes, must be working though. I would puke in this diet dude, thats alot of food

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
Same here

I take a lot of fish/flax oil and worry about my protein intake. I never count calories because it's insane to me and it takes all the fun out of working out. I eat five meals a day and drink 3 meal replacement shakes. I also eat plenty of nuts.

I never tried the olive oil.

Mainly when I eat, I worry more about how much protein I get in and how much less my carb intake is.. I do take fish oil (10g= 10 softgels), flax oil (same as fish), and the fiber product.. I get in alot of good omega fats, sometimes I'll take a straight 2 tablespoons of olive oil, just 'cause.. ;)

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
dude, that is way to many protien shakes, must be working though. I would puke in this diet dude, thats alot of food
I got the idea from Dave Palumbo last I talked to him.. Regardless of the dirt he's involved in, he has some radical ideas for dieting and such..

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Food for the day: 8/25/05

NOTE: I had water with every meal, 32oz.. 64oz upon waking, and I'm sipping on the second 64oz right now.. ;)

Meal 1- Muscle Milk in 12oz rice milk

Meal 2- Low-carb bagel with egg and cheese

Meal 3- turkey and cheese on whole wheat

Meal 4- chicken breast, brown rice, brocolli

Meal 5- 52g whey in 12oz rice milk

Meal 6- 2 slices cheese pizza

Meal 7- 52g whey in 12oz rice milk

Meal 8- chicken breast(3 6oz pieces)

Meal 9- MRP mixed in of course, rice milk

About to have Meal 10, roast beef and grilled veggies.. :nutkick:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Food for the day: 8/25/05

NOTE: I had water with every meal, 32oz.. 64oz upon waking, and I'm sipping on the second 64oz right now.. ;)

Meal 1- Muscle Milk in 12oz rice milk

Meal 2- Low-carb bagel with egg and cheese

Meal 3- turkey and cheese on whole wheat

Meal 4- chicken breast, brown rice, brocolli

Meal 5- 52g whey in 12oz rice milk

Meal 6- 2 slices cheese pizza

Meal 7- 52g whey in 12oz rice milk

Meal 8- chicken breast(3 6oz pieces)

Meal 9- MRP mixed in of course, rice milk

About to have Meal 10, roast beef and grilled veggies.. :nutkick:
don't think you said so but what were your totals for the first post and what are they in this one?