weight loss help

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

weight loss help

First hello to everyone. I have been reading the forum he keep it up.re for a while the info provided by everyone has been great Ok to the point a few months back I ran my first cycle of SD and it was quite successful went from 170 to 185 and retained all strenght and weight gains since then. I am now at 9% bf still at 185 and need to loose to 165 and even if I get to 165 I will still have to weigh in at 155 eventually. I realize that I have to basically shrink, loose muscle and what little fat I have. My diet is clean and have started to decrease my cals and doing insane HIIT cardio and went to lifting 3 days a week. Only supps I take now are a multi vit, cee, lxt, gxr, pwo shake and flax oil. If any additional info is needed let me know. This is important because of the sport I do and any help you guys can offer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.56%

you are going to lose 16.65lbs. fat (puts you at 0% BF) and 13.35lbs water/muscle for what reason?
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

Got to lose muscle there's not much fat to lose and the water is the last thing to go but that's easy. I am doing this because I fight nhb at 155. I am not expecting to look like I'm about to go on stage nor am I expecting to keep the same size, strenght etc. just gotta get back to where I was before I bulked up.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by adidas
    Got to lose muscle there's not much fat to lose and the water is the last thing to go but that's easy. I am doing this because I fight nhb at 155. I am not expecting to look like I'm about to go on stage nor am I expecting to keep the same size, strenght etc. just gotta get back to where I was before I bulked up.
    Stop taking the LXT and the GXR. LXT preserves LBM and GXR increases glycogen storage(I think). The water will go along the way. Do you just have to weigh in @ 155. Kind of a waste though in the end Huh? Hopefully you have some time to do this. If not you are gonna be weak as hell.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

Yeah weigh in the night before so when I was at 165 and had about the same bf% I just cut the water easily but as you can see it's more complicated now. Q's about gxr I thought it can be used for weight and fat loss since it drops blood sugar which makes you burn fat more efficiently. The lxt I had the idea that it would help out aswell due to the fact that it would block cortisol and keep fat from accumilating. Then again in my situation maybe they shouldn't be used that's why I'm posting on here to find out what I can. If not they'll sit on the shelf. And yeah it is a waste but fuggit. It was fun while it lasted.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

By the way it's not like I have to drop the weight in the blink of an eye have a couple of months to lose it and haven't gotten any supps yet to aid in the weight loss so thats why I asked for some help from anyone who can offer
  7. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.9%

Q's about gxr I thought it can be used for weight and fat loss since it drops blood sugar which makes you burn fat more efficiently.
    From my understanding it is supposed to help with glycogen storage in the cell and keep it from being converted to fat and finding its way into adipose. I don't know if it works or not, I have not used it nor have I seen bloodwork supporting it. I don't know if it was designed to be similar to a Thiazoldinedione (peripheral insulin sensitivity) or Biguanides(glucophage) which primarily decrease hepatic glucose output and s'dary increase insulin sensitivity in hepatic and peripheral tissues. Do a search and find out what results people have received from GXR and then make your decision. I have heard good things though.
    Last edited by jonny21; 08-09-2005 at 02:17 PM. Reason: error
  8. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.9%

By the way it's not like I have to drop the weight in the blink of an eye have a couple of months to lose it and haven't gotten any supps yet to aid in the weight loss so thats why I asked for some help from anyone who can offer
    If you have the money, give Bobo a shot. I have heard nothing but excellent reviews. Might even be possible to maintain more lean mass than you will on your own.
  9. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  264 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.47%

Hey adidas, where and when are you fighting?

Coming from someone who has been there, ans seen it more than a few times, i would suggest cutting to 170ish and cutting water to make 155. Chris Brennan was traiing at my club not too long ago and he was walking at like 190 or so, and he fights usually at 155. And he was like a RIPPED 190, just cut a ton o water and your way bigger for the fight.

Joe doerksen does it like clockwork for every fight, he walks at like 205, 2 weeks out he cleans up his diet, and drops to about 197 just from that, then over 3 days he cuts the rest of the water. But he has done it so many times its routine for him. My first fight i had to cut 7lbs and thought i was gonna die

Do you weigh in the night before?

good luck
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher
    Hey adidas, where and when are you fighting?

Coming from someone who has been there, ans seen it more than a few times, i would suggest cutting to 170ish and cutting water to make 155. Chris Brennan was traiing at my club not too long ago and he was walking at like 190 or so, and he fights usually at 155. And he was like a RIPPED 190, just cut a ton o water and your way bigger for the fight.

Joe doerksen does it like clockwork for every fight, he walks at like 205, 2 weeks out he cleans up his diet, and drops to about 197 just from that, then over 3 days he cuts the rest of the water. But he has done it so many times its routine for him. My first fight i had to cut 7lbs and thought i was gonna die

Do you weigh in the night before?

good luck
    Well I want to fight in the next AFC so I believe I'll be weighing in the night before. The most I've had to cut was 10lbs and it was so bad but just a lil worried about the big cut I have to make. You mentioned you fought too where at and if you don't mind me asking who do you train with?
  11. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  264 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.47%

I currently train at evolutionmma.com
    Currently the trainers are some of the live in fighters (who are sick jiu jitsu/wrestlers.. they tap me out everytime)
    But joe doerken was training us most of the time i was living there.

The best advice i would give is use the LX and GXR and cut calories by about 1000 under maintanence, do cardio like crazy (im sure you will be anyways) and try and get to 170.
    Give yourself a timetable, like i weigh 185 now, in 2 weeks i want to be 180, if not i will cut calories more, or do more cardio, and so on..

Some of the guys i was living with at the gym have this CRAZY way of prepping for fights, i just about crapped my pants when they told me.

Basically, they eat a cup of rice, and a can of tuna everyday while prepping for their fight.. and it seems to work.. But then again they weigh 165 or so, and fight at 145.

If you can get to 170 through dropping BF and/or lean mass, cutting 15lbs wont be that hard, as long as you have some guys to help you through it. Cut the weight over 2-3 days, drink just enough water to stay alive basically (maybe half a litre a day) then put on the sweats and run some more.

I remember waking up the morning before my fight, and had to skip rope and work the pads with one of the guys that was cutting as well. Man skipping has never been as hard as it was that morning.. i felt like ass all day, till i got some pedialyte in me, then some food. I dont envy your position.. If you cant cut the weight, or cut the fat/muscle.. id recommend getting a fight at 170.

Anyways keep us informed.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

I currently train at evolutionmma.com
    Currently the trainers are some of the live in fighters (who are sick jiu jitsu/wrestlers.. they tap me out everytime)
    But joe doerken was training us most of the time i was living there.

The best advice i would give is use the LX and GXR and cut calories by about 1000 under maintanence, do cardio like crazy (im sure you will be anyways) and try and get to 170.
    Give yourself a timetable, like i weigh 185 now, in 2 weeks i want to be 180, if not i will cut calories more, or do more cardio, and so on..

Some of the guys i was living with at the gym have this CRAZY way of prepping for fights, i just about crapped my pants when they told me.

Basically, they eat a cup of rice, and a can of tuna everyday while prepping for their fight.. and it seems to work.. But then again they weigh 165 or so, and fight at 145.

If you can get to 170 through dropping BF and/or lean mass, cutting 15lbs wont be that hard, as long as you have some guys to help you through it. Cut the weight over 2-3 days, drink just enough water to stay alive basically (maybe half a litre a day) then put on the sweats and run some more.

I remember waking up the morning before my fight, and had to skip rope and work the pads with one of the guys that was cutting as well. Man skipping has never been as hard as it was that morning.. i felt like ass all day, till i got some pedialyte in me, then some food. I dont envy your position.. If you cant cut the weight, or cut the fat/muscle.. id recommend getting a fight at 170.

Anyways keep us informed.
    I have dropped a bit weighed in @179 this morning and yeah doing cardio like a mad man. I am following Chris Brennan's cutting to 170 plan right now and will see how things go from there. Have til Oct. so it's not so crucial at this point, but it seems as if it'll be easier than I thought considering I have to burn up the muscle and strength gains I made. Btw nice website you guys have check ATT's website americantopteam.com.
  13. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  264 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.47%

You train with ATT? where at?

Good luck cutting, chris brennan is a scientist at cutting weight (tm joe rogan)
    I gots to do the same thing come october man.. Im fighting at 185 and im at 200 right now.

I want to lose fat to get to 190-195 then cut 5-10lbs to fight at 185. Im stoked.
    Is this your first fight? how long have you been training?
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

You train with ATT? where at?

Good luck cutting, chris brennan is a scientist at cutting weight (tm joe rogan)
    I gots to do the same thing come october man.. Im fighting at 185 and im at 200 right now.

I want to lose fat to get to 190-195 then cut 5-10lbs to fight at 185. Im stoked.
    Is this your first fight? how long have you been training?
    I train at the Coconut Creek Fl. gym. I've been training for about 3 yrs. started out just competing in grappling tournys then got into nhb and this will be my 7th. fight. Good luck to you too with your training. I hope Joe subs Lindland btw.
  15. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  264 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.47%

How things going? any updates?

to bad about lindlands lay and pray.. looks like hes cut now though

Similar Forum Threads

1. need weight loss help
    By dbrufus1234 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1