Living with roommates??

1. board observer

Living with roommates??

Need some advice here. I've always either lived w/ my parents, or in a dorm, or by myself until now, so I've always either bought my own food or ate for free. Two of my friends and I are moving into a house in a couple weeks and I'm not sure how I should handle it.

It hasn't really been discussed yet, but I'm pretty sure they'll want to split a grocery bill.

I'm trying to see their side, and I agree that it would be a pain for everyone to buy their own. At the same time though, I'm not gonna want to eat white bread, lunch meat, and hamburger every day.

We'll probably only eat one meal a day together(supper), so I'm hoping maybe I can get them to make that meal fairly healthy. Things like switching regular spaghetti to low carb pasta w/ extra lean ground beef or ground turkey. Or throw a chicken breast on the grill for me instead of a steak.

Also, I could probably just subtract my fair share of the lunch meat, bread, cereal, etc. from the grocery list and add in tuna, bagels, and oats. Especially considering my foods will be cheaper than theirs(although I'll probably eat more, because both of them will most likely eat out 5 times a week or more).

I'll probably have to do more than my fair share as far as cooking and grocery shopping, but I'm willing to if needed.

I'm hoping some of you have worked through this problem before or have some more ideas for me. If you've had any similiar experiences, I'd like to hear about them. Thanks guys.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

I hope your roommates can be understanding, my 2 roommates are okay with buying our own food. If you do split the bill just make sure you guys have a method that makes it fair to evryone as far as cost and food choices
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Moyer
    Need some advice here. I've always either lived w/ my parents, or in a dorm, or by myself until now, so I've always either bought my own food or ate for free. Two of my friends and I are moving into a house in a couple weeks and I'm not sure how I should handle it.

It hasn't really been discussed yet, but I'm pretty sure they'll want to split a grocery bill.

I'm trying to see their side, and I agree that it would be a pain for everyone to buy their own. At the same time though, I'm not gonna want to eat white bread, lunch meat, and hamburger every day.

We'll probably only eat one meal a day together(supper), so I'm hoping maybe I can get them to make that meal fairly healthy. Things like switching regular spaghetti to low carb pasta w/ extra lean ground beef or ground turkey. Or throw a chicken breast on the grill for me instead of a steak.

Also, I could probably just subtract my fair share of the lunch meat, bread, cereal, etc. from the grocery list and add in tuna, bagels, and oats. Especially considering my foods will be cheaper than theirs(although I'll probably eat more, because both of them will most likely eat out 5 times a week or more).

I'll probably have to do more than my fair share as far as cooking and grocery shopping, but I'm willing to if needed.

I'm hoping some of you have worked through this problem before or have some more ideas for me. If you've had any similiar experiences, I'd like to hear about them. Thanks guys.
    Buy your own and get a mini-fridge.

Trust me. Food is ALWAYS one of the biggest problems.
    •   

4. USA HOCKEY

buy your own food, and a cheap mini-fridge if you take up too much 'community' fridge space.

I had a roommate at was half my size who thought we were going to split the grocery bill - **** share the fridge, and have your own bills - you aren't getting married!
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  5. Gold Member

my roommates and i buy our own food .. we definitely take each other's stuff often but it evens out in the end so its not a big deal since there's stuff we all use (milk, natty pb (i've gotten them both to love), yogurt) as far as my bodybuilding foods they understand and just don't touch it .. and make fun of me for it nonstop lol
  6. Board Supporter

Definitely buy your own food. Get a mini fridge if you have too. Splitting the bill with non BBers will drive you nuts and piss everyone off.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Ultradrol cycle starting in January with roommate
    By megamutent8 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 03-05-2012, 04:29 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2012, 09:13 AM
  3. AAS while living with your girlfriend
    By ryaroberts in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 05-08-2010, 09:45 AM