CARDIO on NO CARB days

rdj6107

Awards
if i following the carb cycling program of HI, MED, & NO carbs, could i do cardio in the morning on empty stomach on the NO CARB day if i follow it with a hearty protein shake as well as protein throughout the day.

Blown

inventor of the remix
Awards
No, you absolutely can't do that. Rick James will come back to life and slap you if you do.

cyflex

Awards
u can have a pro/fat meal 30min after cardio and meal2 2.5-3hr later pro/carbs
u need some carbs bro to restore energy. u can go low 30-45g carbs in that dayjust one pro/carb meal and u`ll be fine

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
u can have a pro/fat meal 30min after cardio and meal2 2.5-3hr later pro/carbs
u need some carbs bro to restore energy. u can go low 30-45g carbs in that dayjust one pro/carb meal and u`ll be fine
That would be counter productive IMO. Cardio has the same effect of increased insulin sensitivity as strength training does. If I had one meal a day to eat carbs and it was a cardio only day, I would definitely have it after cardio.

cyflex

Awards
That would be counter productive IMO. Cardio has the same effect of increased insulin sensitivity as strength training does. If I had one meal a day to eat carbs and it was a cardio only day, I would definitely have it after cardio.
i agree bro.. i know that lipolisis continue after stop cardio for 30-45min and slowly decreased by time after..if i`m wrong correct me, so thats the point of the pro/fat meal after cardio and restore the energy later

peace
cyflex

jverch

Board Supporter
Awards
Maybe I went against the grain, but I did a Low, Med, Hi carb cycle for 15weeks and cut from 18% BF to 9-10% with little loss in muscle. I DID do cardio (lower intensity) on Low carb day figuring that it would speed up fat burning. But then again my low carb day was 100-150 carbs...so not low-low...but that gradual cut was how I was able to keep most of my lean mass.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31214