carb-up pre contest

1. carb-up pre contest

What are your favorite foods to carb up on the day of a contest or when you are taking pictures? I think pete enjoys snickers

WYD

2. Tastycake Butterscotch Krimpets
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
    •   

3. bump for more responses...

4. Hate to say it, but the best carb up I ever did (not for shows or pics, I dont do them) was a 12 pack of becks after 4 weeks of a keto diet. I had all 12 before bed and when I woke up, I was full as hell..it was really remarkable.

No I do not recommend this at all

5. Hell yes!! Sounds like a plan to me! I imagine you'd have to do it overnight like wardog did to take advantage of the dehydration from the alcohol... Otherwise you'll come in all bloated
    •   

6. Daddy, I'm not really sure if you're looking for advice or just wanting to see what crazy things others have eaten.

I've recently heard from a solid source, that the loading should begin about three days prior to showtime. On the first day, it's a pure carb-load. On the second day, you begin to fat-load. And, on the final day, anything goes...pies, ice cream, anything.

I can try to get some more info if you're interested.

7. I believe that is called ****loading Tombo, and you can learn a lot about it from Sfzilla on 'bolex

8. I see said the Blind Man. Good to meet up with ya, 'Dog. How goes it, brutha?

9. yeah, actually I was concerned with getting complex carbs... would it be a problem if I was to consume some throughout the day or should I strict to simples as much as possible
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Pre Contest Carb Depleting and Pre Workout Drinks
    By xtreme1 in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-28-2010, 07:55 AM
  2. Pre Contest Work Up Cycle To Hulk Up
    By Cooky32 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 01:47 AM
  3. UCP1 pre-contest. Good or bad idea?
    By FullyBuilt in forum Supplements