New Barilla Multi-Grain Omega-3 Pasta!

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
The stuff tastes great and it has like 13 grams of protein and 350mg of omega-3 per serving! I just started seeing it at Publix, it is in a yellowish container. :cheers:

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Barilla Plus ?

I'm gonna try to get my family to switch to this. I tried it too and it's almost impossible to tell the difference between it and regular Barilla.

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Been eating it for a couple months. Awesome pasta!

sly

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have also been eating it for about 2 months now, awesome nutrient profile and great taste, even has flax seeds in it.

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
Same here. Makes me almost not kinda possibly feel too guilty eating pasta.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
I'm not familar with this product specifically, so this comment may or may not apply... but I've noticed that several companies are producing multi-grain and or whole-wheat blend pastas.

The key there being that idea of a 'blend.' One company sells a product with 'whole grain wheat' in big lettering across the front with 'blend pasta' in smaller letters. A close look at the ingredients show that it is simply standard-fare samolnella pasta with some whole grain wheat added (the last ingredient on the label.)

You might want to re-check the label and see if you aren't basically eating just regular old spaghetti or penne with some additions. Of course, there are several whole wheat/whole grain options, including some organic pastas; but I'd want a second look at the label of the multi-grain. Hopefully it's 'as advertised.'

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
I'm not familar with this product specifically, so this comment may or may not apply... but I've noticed that several companies are producing multi-grain and or whole-wheat blend pastas.

The key there being that idea of a 'blend.' One company sells a product with 'whole grain wheat' in big lettering across the front with 'blend pasta' in smaller letters. A close look at the ingredients show that it is simply standard-fare samolnella pasta with some whole grain wheat added (the last ingredient on the label.)

You might want to re-check the label and see if you aren't basically eating just regular old spaghetti or penne with some additions. Of course, there are several whole wheat/whole grain options, including some organic pastas; but I'd want a second look at the label of the multi-grain. Hopefully it's 'as advertised.'
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29300&highlight=barilla

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Same here. Makes me almost not kinda possibly feel too guilty eating pasta.
Why would you feel guilty anyways? The GI on pasta is anywhere from 38-46 depending on what kind it is. That is very low GI.

Giantz11

Giantz11

Really Really Good Looking
Awards
  • Established
Why would you feel guilty anyways? The GI on pasta is anywhere from 38-46 depending on what kind it is. That is very low GI.
I agree, I've heard the whole no pasta during cutting thing a millions times, but the GI on regualr pasta is very low to begin with. I've been using Barilla plus for a few weeks not and usually have a nice sreving after a leg or back day. Tastes friggin great with a grea nutritional profile. Very good stuff indeed!

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
http://www.barillaus.com/PLUS_information.aspx

Experience the Next Generation of Pasta...Barilla PLUSTM
Incorporating Healthy Living

More and more Americans are striving to embrace a healthier lifestyle. However, making changes can feel like a big challenge in the face of overwhelming schedules and family obligations that leave little time for thinking about new eating and exercise strategies. In addition, although we crave familiar foods that offer satisfying taste and are quick and easy to prepare, we think the majority of those foods can’t possibly also be good for us.

Making effective changes doesn’t mean you have to completely revamp your lifestyle; long-term changes need to come bit by bit, by making small adjustments one at a time. For example, small changes like drizzling olive oil on your salad instead of using traditional salad dressing, incorporating more fiber-rich fruits and vegetables in your diet, walking and taking the stairs instead of driving and using the escalator can add up to a big difference over time. The result is a more energetic, satisfying way to go through the day.

How Barilla PLUS Can Help

Now, eating healthfully is even easier with new Barilla PLUS, a premium, multi-grain pasta that provides a strong foundation for a nutritionally-balanced meal and has the taste your whole family will enjoy. Barilla PLUS is the next generation of pasta because it offers people a new way of enjoying pasta as part of a healthy, balanced diet. Made with wholesome ingredients that are naturally rich in protein, fiber and ALA omega-3 fatty acids, delicious Barilla PLUS meets the growing challenges of a family desiring a healthy lifestyle while still providing the great taste they expect from their favorite pasta meals. The best news is that Barilla PLUS can easily be incorporated into your family’s favorite pasta recipes, using many of their favorite pasta shapes .

Barilla PLUS will be available nationally as early as mid-March at most major and independent supermarkets or by contacting My Brands, Inc. at 1.888.281.6400 to place an order.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
:thumbsup:

It looks pretty good.

I certainly wouldn't eat it in order to get my omega-3s from it, but while you're eating pasta you might as well get the bonus!

Presently, when I eat pasta, I use whole wheat organic penne from Bionaturae and whole wheat spaghetti from Heartland.