What is on your grocery list?

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
Im about to make my weekly trip to the grocery store to get my food. Im sure a lot of you do the same every week. I was writing out my list and Im trying to think of some new stuff. This could be a good reference thread. Here is what I usually get. Im cutting right now.

Chicken Breasts
Lean Beef
Sliced turkey breast
Whole wheat bread
Liquid egg whites
Wheat Tortillas
Cottage Cheese
Low carb Yogurt
Frozen Broccoli
Natty Peanut Butter or Almonds
Oatmeal

My dad always has a garden so I dont have to buy many veggies. I still dont eat near enough of them though.

So whats on your list whether you are cutting, bulking, or just at maintenence?

bda55

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Chicken breasts
Steak
Tuna
Eggs
Semi-skimmed milk
Brown rice
Whole-wheat pasta (different kinds)
Whole-wheat bread
All Bran
Flax Oil

As for veggies, my freezer is full of em. :)

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Just about the same thing every week

Eggs
chicken breast
steak
peanut butter
animal crakers
diet soda

During a bulk I add
pasta
pasta sauce
bread
jelly
soda

That about does it.

CROWLER

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Chicken
Tuna
Skim Milk
Kashi Granola Bars
Oatmeal
Long Grain Brown Rice
Sweet Potatos
Ground Turkey
Turkey Sausage
Eggs
Liquid Egg Whites
Almonds
Broccoli
Asparagus
Mushrooms

FlexMasterFunk

FlexMasterFunk

Awards
Chicken Breast
Ground Turkey
Eggs
Skim Milk
Steak
Yams
Oatmeal
Yogurt
Cereal
Protein Bars (Just in case I don't have access to a blender)
Apples

knox

Awards
  • Established
went grocery shopping today: same damn things every week,

10+ cans of tuna
couple cans of tyson chicken
2 bags of frozen chicken breasts
1 loaf of whole grain bread
couple of bags of frozen broccoli
apples and oranges
bucket of oats
healthy harvest pasta
4 dozen eggs
half gallon 1% or fat free milk
4 thingys of fat free cottage cheese
i'm seriously drunk right now and this post took me 30min to write.......i'm idiot lool i apologize

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
Chicken breast
Ground Turkey breast
1% cottage cheese
Oatmeal
Apples
Bananas
Oatmeal
Mushrooms
Broccoli
Brown rice
Whole grain Bread
Bison steak
Salmon
High protein skim milk(14g per 8 oz)

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Milk- 2 gallons, skim
Eggs- 2 cartons of 18
Multi-Grain Bagels- 2 bags
Rolled Oats- 1 big container
Salmon- Small amount, whatever is on sale
Tuna
Fresh Chicken- Large quantity is cheaper
Smart Balance Butter with omega-3
Spaghetti- New omega-3 whole wheat version!
Hormel Turkey Chili
Coke w/ Splenda- sometimes

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
The frozen veggies are okay?

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Milk- 2 gallons, skim
Eggs- 2 cartons of 18
Multi-Grain Bagels- 2 bags
Rolled Oats- 1 big container
Salmon- Small amount, whatever is on sale
Tuna
Fresh Chicken- Large quantity is cheaper
Smart Balance Butter with omega-3
Spaghetti- New omega-3 whole wheat version!
Hormel Turkey Chili
Coke w/ Splenda- sometimes
LMD- I wish I knew then what I know now, so props to you. Your grocery list looks like mine now, but in college, it was something like:
Crunch Berries
Ghostbusters cereal
non-natty PB
Schmidt, Pabst BR, or whatever else sold for $3 a 12-pack
cheap vodka, brandy
frozen pizza

...small wonder I never played college ball! Well...that, and that UC Santa Cruz doesn't play football. Lotsa stoned frisbee, though... ;)

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
LM no fruit? by the way do u play for FSU bro ?
Haha no fruit because I can't afford it ;). I would go through it too quickly for it to be really affordable since I would put it in my cottage cheese (which I forgot to put on the list) and Oatmeal which I eat a lot of.

And yes I play Cornerback for FSU.

Milwood- Haha its funny you say that because I say that to kids I know who are still in high school. I mean I am 21 and if I knew then (when i was like 16) what I knew now I would have easily been recruited!

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
hahaha Ghostbusters cereal - did it come with a prize

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I mean I am 21 and if I knew then (when i was like 16) what I knew now I would have easily been recruited!
I feel the same way, whether it be football or top tier ice hockey.
At that age (16) you can go overboard and do yourself quite a bit of harm if you get too aggressive. Ignorance is bliss in terms of teens and anabolics.

Lake your story is really inspirational - and that's why your an AM McDonalds All American!
well among other things.. :wave:

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
100% whole wheat bagels
turkey chili
skim milk
whey protein
eggs
all bran
brocolli
cottage cheese
tuna
canned chicken
diet soda
fat free cheese
peanut butter
flax oil

Mrs. Gimpy

Mrs. Gimpy

Awards
hm....
frozen pizza
top ramen
capri suns
arizona green tea
alot of pasta (i work at an italian restaurant)
butterfingers
grapes
watermellons
veggies (variety)
chips

yes i need to start eating healthy i know......

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Never heard of this stuff. Any good?
Yeah, the turkey chili is pretty good. 98% fat free. I like to add a lot of stuff to it sometimes. Extra beans or rice, fat free cheese, hot sauce, salsa, extra can of chicken or even a can of drained and rinced tuna (i swear i can't taste it).

Sixpack

Awards
Great to hear man so do you start or get any playing time etc ? As I will watch for ya this year I am a loyal canes fan sorry hehe. YOur guys QB has been through some tough times as of late. I played 4 years of college ball also at a D-2 school wide out at a school in the MIdwest. I teach down here in AZ now and personal train. Would you mind sharing some of FSU offseason agility programs workouts etc? I work with a number of athlets and now coach high school football. I work with DB's and receivers and am always looking for new drills etc. My email is [email protected]
Thanks and best of luck in your season

Haha no fruit because I can't afford it ;). I would go through it too quickly for it to be really affordable since I would put it in my cottage cheese (which I forgot to put on the list) and Oatmeal which I eat a lot of.

And yes I play Cornerback for FSU.

Milwood- Haha its funny you say that because I say that to kids I know who are still in high school. I mean I am 21 and if I knew then (when i was like 16) what I knew now I would have easily been recruited!

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Lake your story is really inspirational - and that's why your an AM McDonalds All American!
well among other things.. :wave:
Actually I wasn't chosen for this :(. I was like a backup hahahaha. :sick: :sad:

Iwannagetbig- yeah the turkey chili is awesome, I have everyone on the third floor of the apartment complex addicted ;).

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
yo is that Turkey Chili in a can? Hormel did you say?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Yeah it is in a can and yes it is Hormel. 1.59/can at Publix, sometimes they have sales and make it 2 for $2. You can't really beat it when you compare it to larger named brands like Campbells, plus it has around 35 grams of protein, 52 grams of carbs (low gi legumes), like 6 grams of fat (most of which unsat) and it is something like 400 calories total

In Publix it is usually on the bottom shelf on the same isle as soups but not near the soups, its more towards the middle of the isle. In a red can.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
My girlfriend makes awesome Turkey chili...

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Yeah it is in a can and yes it is Hormel. 1.59/can at Publix, sometimes they have sales and make it 2 for $2. You can't really beat it when you compare it to larger named brands like Campbells, plus it has around 35 grams of protein, 52 grams of carbs (low gi legumes), like 6 grams of fat (most of which unsat) and it is something like 400 calories total

In Publix it is usually on the bottom shelf on the same isle as soups but not near the soups, its more towards the middle of the isle. In a red can.
Awesome buddy, I really appriciate the info :thumbsup:

jshin

Awards
Carb Countdown Milk (fat free kind)
Egg Beaters
Fat Free Motzerella Cheese
All natty peanutbutter
tuna
canned chicken
three bags of pre-mixed salad
whole wheat bread
reduced fat mayo

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established

Sounds really good. What isle number is it in and if you are looking at the front of the store is it on the right or left hand side lol j/k

CROWLER

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
I actually just got back from the store, here's what I bought:

oatmeal
turkey chili
black beans
bread
milk
eggs
cottage cheese (usually, but the bastards were out)
chicken breasts
picante
tuna
fat free miracle whip
hot sauce

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
This is turning into a pretty good thread. Im definitely gonna check out the turkey chilli and the omega-3 wheat spagetti. I need more good carb sources.

Grifter

Board Supporter
Awards
hmm, never looked into turkey chili. Is it something that tastes good enough to just pop the can open, heat and eat? or is it something you need to make a recipe with? Need something like that, thats quick for me to eat while at work during my 15 min breaks.

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
hmm, never looked into turkey chili. Is it something that tastes good enough to just pop the can open, heat and eat? or is it something you need to make a recipe with? Need something like that, thats quick for me to eat while at work during my 15 min breaks.
ya, I just open the can, throw some pepper and half a can of black beans in it, then heat for a few minutes. It tastes pretty good, but if you asked my friends that's not saying much from me, so you definately need to try it out.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Sounds really good. What isle number is it in and if you are looking at the front of the store is it on the right or left hand side lol j/k

CROWLER

When your looking at the store it is on the right side :wave:

In fact, if you were to make a grid of any regular sized publix it would be at the precise three dimensional coordinates of :think: 345.882,127.999,2.334

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
that's one, mine is fat-free with beans.
Nearly simply nutritional line however

thanks for that post!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I like to get salsa and baked tostitos as a snack sometimes too...The baked corn chips are great!

Note the ingredients: Corn and salt!

Attachments

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I like to get salsa and baked tostitos as a snack sometimes too...The baked corn chips are great!

Note the ingredients: Corn and salt!
Good call! I like the fac there is no fat and 20 chips is a great serving size for that low of calories. I found some peach flavored salsa the other day and it was GREAT!

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
here's the info for the turkey chili w/o beans:

Nutritional Facts Serving Size 236 g Servings Per Container 2 Amount Per Serving% Daily Value Fat Calories Per Serving: 25 Calories Per Serving: 190 Saturated Fat Per Serving: 15% Total Fat Per Serving: 35% Cholesterol Per Serving: 7025% Sodium Per Serving: 125052% Carbohydrates Per Serving: 176% Fiber Per Serving: 312% Sugar Per Serving: 4 Protein Per Serving: 24

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Good call! I like the fac there is no fat and 20 chips is a great serving size for that low of calories. I found some peach flavored salsa the other day and it was GREAT!
Exactly! Most regular 'fried' chips have nearly 10 TIMES the fat that the baked corn chips do. Plus, the baked chips seem to stay fresh much longer.

And salsa is nearly guilt-free, as long as you watch your Na intake.

BV

rjones

Awards
I 've been buying alot of beans recently. They are cheap and pretty healthy with plenty of fiber.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
A couple good salsa ideas: cottage cheese & refried beans (both fat free).

You can mixc ottage cheese about 50/50 w/ salsa, &/or add refried beans & fat free sour cream. Pretty good stuff. Probably lowers the GI of the chips quite a bit too. One of my favorite snacks.

Grifter

Board Supporter
Awards
The turkey chili wouldn't be a wise choice if i were trying to keep the bloat under control would it?