What is on your grocery list?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. This is turning into a pretty good thread. Im definitely gonna check out the turkey chilli and the omega-3 wheat spagetti. I need more good carb sources.

2. hmm, never looked into turkey chili. Is it something that tastes good enough to just pop the can open, heat and eat? or is it something you need to make a recipe with? Need something like that, thats quick for me to eat while at work during my 15 min breaks.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Grifter
    hmm, never looked into turkey chili. Is it something that tastes good enough to just pop the can open, heat and eat? or is it something you need to make a recipe with? Need something like that, thats quick for me to eat while at work during my 15 min breaks.
    ya, I just open the can, throw some pepper and half a can of black beans in it, then heat for a few minutes. It tastes pretty good, but if you asked my friends that's not saying much from me, so you definately need to try it out.

4. Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    Sounds really good. What isle number is it in and if you are looking at the front of the store is it on the right or left hand side lol j/k

CROWLER

When your looking at the store it is on the right side

In fact, if you were to make a grid of any regular sized publix it would be at the precise three dimensional coordinates of 345.882,127.999,2.334
    PharmD

5. Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD
    found it.

it's got a lot of sodium, but thats true of all canned goods usually. Shall give it a try.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
    •   

6. Hormel Turkey Chili w/ Beans...

7. that's one, mine is fat-free with beans.
    Nearly simply nutritional line however

thanks for that post!
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

8. I like to get salsa and baked tostitos as a snack sometimes too...The baked corn chips are great!

Note the ingredients: Corn and salt!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

9. Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    I like to get salsa and baked tostitos as a snack sometimes too...The baked corn chips are great!

Note the ingredients: Corn and salt!
    Good call! I like the fac there is no fat and 20 chips is a great serving size for that low of calories. I found some peach flavored salsa the other day and it was GREAT!
    PharmD

10. here's the info for the turkey chili w/o beans:

Nutritional Facts Serving Size 236 g Servings Per Container 2 Amount Per Serving% Daily Value Fat Calories Per Serving: 25 Calories Per Serving: 190 Saturated Fat Per Serving: 15% Total Fat Per Serving: 35% Cholesterol Per Serving: 7025% Sodium Per Serving: 125052% Carbohydrates Per Serving: 176% Fiber Per Serving: 312% Sugar Per Serving: 4 Protein Per Serving: 24

11. Good call! I like the fac there is no fat and 20 chips is a great serving size for that low of calories. I found some peach flavored salsa the other day and it was GREAT!
    Exactly! Most regular 'fried' chips have nearly 10 TIMES the fat that the baked corn chips do. Plus, the baked chips seem to stay fresh much longer.

And salsa is nearly guilt-free, as long as you watch your Na intake.

BV

12. I 've been buying alot of beans recently. They are cheap and pretty healthy with plenty of fiber.

13. A couple good salsa ideas: cottage cheese & refried beans (both fat free).

You can mixc ottage cheese about 50/50 w/ salsa, &/or add refried beans & fat free sour cream. Pretty good stuff. Probably lowers the GI of the chips quite a bit too. One of my favorite snacks.

14. The turkey chili wouldn't be a wise choice if i were trying to keep the bloat under control would it?

15. Not if it has too much sodium...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What is 'GI' and a List of Common Foods
    By Mulletsoldier in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 07-11-2016, 06:25 PM
  2. Who is on your ignore list?
    By Rugger in forum General Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-05-2008, 01:54 AM
  3. The Official What's On Your Ctrl+V Thread!
    By Cellardude in forum General Chat
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 10-21-2007, 11:47 PM
  4. What is in your stash thatyou do not use?
    By Big BAMA in forum Supplements
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 10:55 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-04-2003, 02:19 AM