Portable carb sources?

1. Portable carb sources?

Looking for simple things that don't have to be cooked or refrigerated. A few so far:

Whole Wheat Bagels (I usually add fat free cream cheese)

Fruit- Bananas, Apples, etc. Prunes & Raisins are especially portable.

Kashi Granola Bars

I'm not sure about rice cakes, but I assume they are fairly hi GI.

Baked beans fit the category I guess, if you like to eat 'em cold like I do. You'd also need a can-opener & a spoon though.

Any other ideas?

2. Triscuits - whole grains, but have salt (as compared to bagels).

Any of the whole wehat cold cereals.

Rice cakes are high-GI, so be careful with those.
    •   

3. i find portable quality low gi carbs sources the hardest to find out of the three macronutrients.

4. weetbix biscuits, cheerios, multigrain cereals and the works.. granola.. also, sometimes i bring steamed/boiled sweet potato with me..

5. Ezkiel bread

Quote Originally Posted by lionel
    weetbix biscuits, cheerios, multigrain cereals and the works.. granola.. also, sometimes i bring steamed/boiled sweet potato with me..

6. I prefer the multi-grain bagels to the whole-wheat ones. They are a little harder and dont have the little things on top of it that make a mess everywhere. Of course I am talking about Thomas's bagels, I am not sure which one you buy. A portable meal for me is a shake with 1-2 cups of skim, 1 tbsp flax or fish oil, and a multi-grain bagel.
    PharmD

7. How about just grinding up some oat meal in a coffee bean grinder throw it in a shaker and when it comes time to eat just drink them down.....thats what i do works great.

8. Quote Originally Posted by nicholas
    How about just grinding up some oat meal in a coffee bean grinder throw it in a shaker and when it comes time to eat just drink them down.....thats what i do works great.

That's what I do as well.

9. Grinding oats rocks, tasty and easy

10. I put ground up oats in just skim milk and chug away for some carbs before and after class or work etc.

regards,
    COTC
    •   

11. My favorite is ground oats in water with crystal light, it's good food

12. I've always been a fan of yogurt because it comes in perfectly portioned containers and is real cheap.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Kashi as a primary carb source ?
    By Iron Warrior in forum Bulking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2005, 11:56 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 01:31 AM
  3. Qunioa - Looks like a great carb source
    By BigVrunga in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-19-2005, 09:01 PM
  4. Beans As a Carb Source